Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Looks like Lindberg is playing Guard for his HS team.

Is Garth the only true Tackle for this class?  All those aggy commits are interior guys and Parr and Majors look like Guard/Center prospects.

Edit:  Forgot about Damien George and Courtland Ford.  Think these 2 get offered eventually?

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like Lindberg is playing Guard for his HS team.

Is Garth the only true Tackle for this class?  All those aggy commits are interior guys and Parr and Majors look like Guard/Center prospects.

Edit:  Forgot about Damien George and Courtland Ford.  Think these 2 get offered eventually?

I think Casey Collier could end up in our class as a LT prospect. No offer yet though 

2021 is OT heavy, so it might make sense to go interior heavy in 2020 if we're getting who we want in both classes

2 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'm loving this Missouri thing we seem to be developing. this would be a really big get imo

It’s really fucking smart. Burton, to his credit, has been pining for Texas to follow OU into the KC and STL footprints for 15 years. They’re talent rich areas with no true affiliations. OU, Nebraska and OSU have made hay there, I believe. That’s about it besides whatever Missouri can pull. 

1 minute ago, Carl Winslow said:

bruh his full name is front & center in the tweet

Who the fuck is he? If that isn’t answered, readers on the board have a right to get irritated. I don’t live and die by Twitter and I haven’t memorized the 2020 and beyond recruiting lists and most others haven’t either. I’m glad you have, just post the 24/7 link for the rest of us in the future and we’re all good. 

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Who the fuck is he? If that isn’t answered, readers on the board have a right to get irritated. I don’t live and die by Twitter and I haven’t memorized the 2020 and beyond recruiting lists and most others haven’t either. I’m glad you have, just post the 24/7 link for the rest of us in the future and we’re all good. 

200.gif

Do you have any planned visits that you may take in the next couple of months?

“Yes. I am planning on visiting Tennessee, Texas, Michigan, and I want to go back to Georgia again. I’d like to check out some of the Big Ten and SEC schools if I can

Edited by Carl Winslow

IT on a few 2020 prospects, including Zach Evans:

ZACH EVANS

Interview conducted 10/4.

Upcoming visits:
"I'm going to A&M Saturday. I don't have anything else planned just yet."

Teams he's been watching on TV:
"OU, and Alabama."

What about Texas?
"They beat USC. I watched that one. They're doing good things, I just want to see them do more of it. I want to see us get flexed out more."

Any recruits he wants to play with?
"Kendall Milton. I think he's a back that I can work with. And I want to play with that dude (points to teammate Damieon George).....and Chad Lindberg, from Clear Creek. I'm big on o-line."

What will go into his decision:
"Recruiting class, kinda, because I really want to follow the o-line. I want to see what they can do. I guess it's just really like the best o-line -- and the best running back."

How he researches that:
"I look at the commits they have now, I look at the class ahead of me and the class behind me and then my class."

On Texas:
"Texas is still my team. They're still good. But, you know, it's just I feel there's more they could be doing. Other than that I want to see them flex out the back more because I don't just want to run the ball."

Importance of versatility:
"It's important because when teams start to stack 9 in the box, and you can't run it, you gotta do something and I feel like if they flex us out more, like at the slot, or something -- we had a player do that today. If we were able to flex out more it will open up the holes, it will open up the run game."

Relationship with Stan Drayton:
"Our relationship is we good. We text every other day. Just checking up on me and stuff like that."

Other coaches he talks to:
"I've spoken with Coach Meekins. It's just Coach Meekins and Coach Drayton."

On a brother who played for Meekins:
"Oh yeah (the brother had good things to say), he said he's a coach that's about it, when it comes down to business you gotta get to business. He'll play with you, he's all lovin' and stuff but when it comes down to business you gotta handle your business."

Do you feel like North Shore prepares you for that atmosphere:
"Uh huh. I feel like what we do now....from what K'Lavon told me what we do now, they do in college. The way we lift and stuff, most people from other schools don't be doing that. They come in weak, slow, not conditioned, stuff like that."

My takeaways: 

It's clear his communication with other schools has slowed UT's progress some. Reading between the lines, A&M is selling the fact they have four o-linemen committed in his class. You know where I stand on that -- they began filling up way too early. If the Aggies do land his teammate, Damieon George, that could help them a little.

It was surprising to hear him mention OU first. He wasn't able to watch the RRS which is a bit unfortunate. Not only would he have seen what the UT offense is and will be, but he could have seen the masterful call to get Tre Watson open down the sideline. A gif of that play should be plastered all over Twitter.

I'll reiterate that anyone getting too high or too low in this recruitment is genuinely wasting their time. This has the potential to be the wildest recruitment this state has seen in a very, very long time. Save your emotional capital.

For now, North Shore is very likely going to win state and he seems focused on that.

CHAD LINDBERG

Evans mentioned wanting to play with the giant Clear Creek offensive lineman. As we all know Texas has prioritized him and he's reciprocated interest.

He was going to visit for the Baylor game but he had his wires crossed on the dates. He told LSU he'd attend their game versus Georgia first and he's sticking to that. Can you blame him?

As of now the plan is to visit for the Iowa State game on November 17th, but they're following the season.

I'll catch Lindberg when Creek takes on Alvin soon.

BRYSON WASHINGTON

I caught up with C. E. King safety Bryson Washington last Thursday and then again briefly.

What he's looking for in a school:
"Family, teamwork, a good environment with friends, a good team that I can shine with and play with and I can call my home."

What he's looking for between UT and OU:
"I'm looking to see how OU battles. I'm looking to see how UT battles. I know UT did a good thing with USC and several other teams in the past. I know OU did good against Baylor. It's going to be a good fight."

Compare and contrast the two programs:
"OU, I still have to go up there for a visit. I want to see how the campus is. I want to meet Mr. Lincoln Riley and see how it is up there. UT, it's a really great school, I visited there a couple of times. It's beautiful. I think the program they got there is amazing and I think they're going to do a good job this season.

On Coach Naivar:
"He's a cool coach, crazy cool coach. I think he's done a good job with the DB's like Caden Sterns and BJ Foster, they're some great players."

Washington went on to say that he'd like to visit Michigan and Miami. He has an announcement scheduled for July 4th.

Post-OU reaction: "Hands down it was a great game. I was going for both teams and they both did great but UT pulled through."

Herman needs to run the fuck out of Ingram the rest of this season.  Our backs were shredding that ou defense.  Ou had a difficult time running against us.  Show Evans those clips.  There is no doubt Riley and Fisher have been negatively recruiting us.  Funny thing is we have the two best OTs in this class while aggy has filled up on slow interior lineman.  This recruitment will come down to to results.  Regardless, glad we have Ingram for 2.5 more years.

4 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Hope Zach saw that wheel route TD Sam threw to T.Watson this weekend.

I'm sure it was mentioned to him, but they gotta have suspense. Right now it's too early to tell with Evans. He doesn't need the Jimbo bullshit, and now that he's seen Hammwise pull his stupidity about announcing to the aggys, he got his first taste idiocy.

15 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm sure it was mentioned to him, but they gotta have suspense. Right now it's too early to tell with Evans. He doesn't need the Jimbo bullshit, and now that he's seen Hammwise pull his stupidity about announcing to the aggys, he got his first taste idiocy.

So what you're saying is that we should root for Hamm to be Hamm because it inevitably helps our cause.

39 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Herman needs to run the fuck out of Ingram the rest of this season.  Our backs were shredding that ou defense.  Ou had a difficult time running against us.  Show Evans those clips.  There is no doubt Riley and Fisher have been negatively recruiting us.  Funny thing is we have the two best OTs in this class while aggy has filled up on slow interior lineman.  This recruitment will come down to to results.  Regardless, glad we have Ingram for 2.5 more years.

Ingram is playing with a knee bone bruise. I wouldn't be averse to limiting his snaps against the likes of Baylol and Kansas is hopeless.

• Like 1

Aggy will do whatever they can to keep him.  They won’t care if it’s cheating and/or breaking any rules.  They care more about perception of a big a&m commit flipping to Texas.  Why did Demas even commit so early.  He clearly has no idea where e wants to go.

Just now, victory88 said:

Aggy will do whatever they can to keep him.  They won’t care if it’s cheating and/or breaking any rules.  They care more about perception of a big a&m commit flipping to Texas.  Why did Demas even commit so early.  He clearly has no idea where e wants to go.

We really need a Jimbo/Dameyune Craig version of this one

freeze_here_ya_go__2_.gif

• Like 1