Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

These big WR's like Omeire, Demas, and Wright are fools to pick aggy over Texas.  We actually game plan around our big WR's while aggy just throws up a prayer to Kendrick Rogers hoping to be answered.

This is the first year in forever that we’ve actually taken advantage of that and they’ve actually produced. These new kids have every reason to think it’s equal everywhere else. 

From TFB: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/10/open-post-weekend-october-26th-28th/

2020 Out of State 5-Star to Visit
– Super K

I checked in with 2020 5-star cornerback, Kelee Ringo out of Sagauro High School (Scottsdale, AZ). Ringo tells me that he plans on taking an unofficial visit to Texas this season for a game. No confirmation yet on which game.

Ringo recently took a visit to Ohio State and tells me that his plan is to make Texas his next destination for an unofficial visit.

Interestingly, Ringo’s secondary coach at Sagauro happens to be former Texas defensive back, Bryant Westbrook. I imagine that will help the Horns with this extremely talented cornerback.

Hope to have more on Ringo, soon.

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Haven't seen too much about Parr other than he visited twice and likes us, but 2 new Texas CBs tonight (Brooks and Sayles) so that's good

His 247 page says 6'3.5 and 268 lbs.  Must have been from a camp last spring because he looks bigger than that in his highlights for this year.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Knowing how judicious the staff is with offers of true interior players, you know that the guy has to be a pretty fucking good football player for us to push for him. Newsflash - he is: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8155306/5bbb7a29da51551aac6c2965

Had to pause it to say that I am going to watch this one 4 or 5 times. Do. Want. 

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Knowing how judicious the staff is with offers of true interior players, you know that the guy has to be a pretty fucking good football player for us to push for him. Newsflash - he is: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8155306/5bbb7a29da51551aac6c2965

Interesting that all shhs have been accounted for, but the sites are suggesting something else will happen this weekend (perhaps with Parr). Unless I'm missing something- are my facts accurate in this statement?

19 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I like how at :43 he pushes the DL backward 8 yards and pancakes him then gets up and gives him a pat on the head

12 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Interesting that all shhs have been accounted for, but the sites are suggesting something else will happen this weekend (perhaps with Parr). Unless I'm missing something- are my facts accurate in this statement?

I was wondering about that too. He might have already decided (so 9.95ers are hearing about it) but hasn't officially committed to the staff yet

6 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

Bout goddamn time San Antonio gets some OL love. Parr is a beast. 

Also I just watched Mookie Cooper's film and holy shit it's nice.

I just watched Mookie's highlights as well.

HOLY SHIT!!

I guess that we will have to wait 2 years to get Rondale Moore... my god, playing him isn't fair to the other teams.

1 hour ago, Gut Wagon said:

Not sure, but the last Arizona Ringo I'm aware of definitely stayed in state. 

One of he all time greatest scenes in western movie history.  Hope Ringo comes to the good guys and produces similar results.

11 hours ago, Machinator said:

That's our center. Just need to find a way to bridge to him, whether it's Kerstetter, Angilau, Ghirmai, or a juco or transfer 

12 minutes ago, ChingoHorns said:

Evans is just gliding down the field. It’s just unfair.

At the 4 second mark, when he breaks an arm tackle and cuts into the open field, watch the way his hips rotate and he accelerates.  I was watching the FSSW Friday night high school show and the camera was field level and it was amazing.  When you see a back do that, and so effortlessly, you know he is going to be a star on Sundays.

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I just watched Mookie's highlights as well.

HOLY SHIT!!

I guess that we will have to wait 2 years to get Rondale Moore... my god, playing him isn't fair to the other teams.

This is the clip i love.  Its like some Matrix shit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edited by NorLa Horns
Duh
  • Haha 1