Bounty Hunters: Oops wrong car, sorry you died

crash_davis

Anyone have Thanos on speed dial?  It is so incredibly easy to kill innocent people and get away with it.  

https://fox17.com/news/local/bounty-hunters-who-shot-at-wrong-car-found-not-guilty-in-killing-of-clarksville-dad

Five bounty hunters have been found not guilty in the case of a man who was mistakenly gunned down in Clarksville.

Jalen Milan, 24, was killed on April 23, 2017 when police said the bounty hunters shot at the wrong sedan.

All seven bounty hunters were facing charges in the case, including murder. Two bounty hunters, Jonathan Schnepp Jr., 33, and Kenneth Chiasson, 40, took plea deals ahead of the trial.

The remaining bounty hunters, William Byles II, 32, Antwon Keesee, 33, Roger West Jr., 32, and Joshua Young, 28, and Prentice William, all stood trial.

The newspaper reported that defense attorneys argued the bounty hunters were acting in self-defense, as Milan sped off and struck some bounty hunters in the process.

Details of the shooting

According to a lawsuit, Milan was the backseat passenger in a vehicle with three other men in the parking lot of Walmart Neighborhood Market on April 23. The lawsuit said the suspects, believing that someone they were looking for was in the Milan vehicle, rushed toward the car with weapons drawn and began to break the windows. This happened "suddenly and without warning," according to the lawsuit.

Fearing they were being attacked by gang members, the driver of the car began to drive away. That's when the lawsuit says the suspects opened fire several times at the vehicle, striking Milan in his back and chest.

The suspects then entered their vehicle and began to chase the vehicle Milan was in for seven miles, the lawsuit said. Milan died shortly after the shooting from his injuries.

After the chase ended, the suspects apparently realized that the person they were looking for was not Milan nor anyone in that vehicle, the lawsuit says.

Not Milan nor any other occupants in the vehicle were wanted on outstanding charges and no one inside the vehicle was armed, the lawsuit said.

The newspaper reported that defense attorneys argued the bounty hunters were acting in self-defense, as Milan sped off and struck some bounty hunters in the process.

WTF?  You can't argue self-defense when you fucking launched an unprovoked attack on ME.  Seriously, WTF?

Random fucks start shooting at me in a parking lot -- you're goddamned right I speed like hell to GTFO and maybe hit some of them in the process.  They can't use THAT as an excuse of self-defense for their next round of blasting at me.

There has to be a shitload more to this story.  There has to be.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

WTF?  You can't argue self-defense when you fucking launched an unprovoked attack on ME.  Seriously, WTF?

Random fucks start shooting at me in a parking lot -- you're goddamned right I speed like hell to GTFO and maybe hit some of them in the process.  They can't use THAT as an excuse of self-defense for their next round of blasting at me.

If there isn't, is it possible to hire one of the Surly lawyers pre-emptively? There are several country club PTO moms I've had some run-ins with when volunteering and if some of them got taken care of while they are driving to the Wine Sip and Shop, we might be able to get some stuff done on behalf of the students. NTIWKAAT.

Too soon?

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

i'm with you because upon casual reading, everyone has to think, "the fuck is wrong with the justice system?"

there has to be more to the story or the prosecutor sucked amazeballs.  how can an assload of people attack a car, the victims speed off fearing for their lives, and then the attackers shoot a fleeing car and claim self defense?  self defense from the victims that they are attacking?