Holy War 2019 :: Utah @ BYU

Hagbard Celine

26 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Utah leads series 61–34–4 and has won the last 8.

Windowcougar hates Utah for getting in to the Pac.

Utah highest ranking in history.

What will schmitty's new username be?  There's no way he can ignore this thread, especially with posts like this.

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I had no idea Utah was so dominant in the series.

Most of it is from when byu was basically a junior college (they still are academically but don't tell them that). The series is 20-20 in the last 40 and 30-30 in the last 60. Byu owned the 80s, Utah has owned the last decade. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

sighting

let's chum....

1889: Wilford Woodruff, now president of the LDS, received a revelation from Jesus Christ who promised that he would protect the church's practice of polygamy from attacks by the federal government.

1890: The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the government could deny the right to vote or hold office to all Mormons who practiced the Law of Abraham, or who merely believed in plural marriage. Later in the year, they ruled that the Edmunds-Tucker Act was constitutional, and that the federal government could repeal the LDS church charter and dissolve the church. The situation had reached a critical point in the Utah territory.  This led to The "Great Accommodation" of 1890.

When the federal government announced that they would start to seize the temples, the LDS Church decided to obey the federal law. At that time, the Church announced that they had received a revelation from God that changed church beliefs and practices. The fourth president of the Church, Wilford Woodruff, issued a manifesto (called the "Great Accommodation") on September 24th. It theoretically suspended the solemnization of new plural marriages for an indefinite interval.

Woodruff wrote, in part:

"And I now publicly declare that my advice to the Latter-day Saints is to refrain from contracting any marriage forbidden by the law of the land."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

let's chum....

1889: Wilford Woodruff, now president of the LDS, received a revelation from Jesus Christ who promised that he would protect the church's practice of polygamy from attacks by the federal government.

1890: The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the government could deny the right to vote or hold office to all Mormons who practiced the Law of Abraham, or who merely believed in plural marriage. Later in the year, they ruled that the Edmunds-Tucker Act was constitutional, and that the federal government could repeal the LDS church charter and dissolve the church. The situation had reached a critical point in the Utah territory.  This led to The "Great Accommodation" of 1890.

When the federal government announced that they would start to seize the temples, the LDS Church decided to obey the federal law. At that time, the Church announced that they had received a revelation from God that changed church beliefs and practices. The fourth president of the Church, Wilford Woodruff, issued a manifesto (called the "Great Accommodation") on September 24th. It theoretically suspended the solemnization of new plural marriages for an indefinite interval.

Woodruff wrote, in part:

"And I now publicly declare that my advice to the Latter-day Saints is to refrain from contracting any marriage forbidden by the law of the land."

Your jib. I like the cut of it.