2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

I just made the mistake of opening our DirecTV bill (that my wife pays).  Fucking $165 and we barely watch tv in my house.  But Mavs and Premier League are a must.  So I immediately went and checked out DirecTV Now.  At $80/mo, can someone tell me why I shouldn't switch?  That $80 includes 60+ channels, HBO/Max (which we don't have now), all the sports channels we watch, and local channels.

I suck at figuring out all this streaming BS.

It’s at&t tv now. I’ve had it since it first rolled out. Dvr sucks to use and you don’t get vey much space. I don’t get any fox sports regionals but that might be my location isn’t close enough to any, even though I’m subject to blackout for Denver and slc sporting events on other channels. 

those are my only issues with it. Dvr isn’t a big issue as most shows either end up on Hulu or I use the tv credentials to gain access to them on demand at their own channel apps. 

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

After a lot of reading about it last night, Sinclair Media is trying to have a monopoly in the broadcast world and they almost do by now. Fox no longer owns the RSN's. Big Fox only owns Fox, Fox Sports 1 and 2 and some others like BTN. Disney bought up the Fox Sports RSN's but the feds made them sell it. Sinclair bought it and in less than a year, 4 carriers dropped them. Dish, Sling, Fubo and now YTTV. The last 3 were huge players in the cord cutting world. Especially for sports. YTTV was $35/month in the beginning and had anything a sports fan could want. It then went up by $15/month all because they added HGTV and their channels. I got away from cable to get away from all that useless channels to me. Now they don't carry a huge selling point which were the Fox Sports RSN's, which broadcast the local teams for so many areas. And how convenient that the only cord cutting service that now carries them is Hulu, which is owned by guess who? Disney. Who originally had them. Some think Sinclair is in bed with them and purposely forced the other carriers out of the market to drive more business back to the original owners at Disney. It's all a bunch of bullshit and us customers suffer.

YTTV is definitely going to lose a lot of subscribers as so many took to the internet to say they are switching and cancelling. But they are going to save about $450-500 million every year not having to carry them. So they will pocket those profits and damn sure won't lower their rates. Yet if they get even the slightest new channels, they raised their rates by 40%. Sounds like a bait and switch because their main selling point was Fox Sports RSN because so many other carriers dropped them. Knowing they did not have a long term contract in place. But good thing it is just a month to month service. I already cancelled mine last night.

This. Exactly. Here is $65-$175 a month. Get one fucking platform that I can watch baboons fucking or the Stars postgame. Fine, here is $200 a month. Im willing to pay for access, reliability,  and ease of use. Take my money! 
without that im good with $10 a month for Cooperstein, Razor, and Nadel. Spend another $10 for college radio. 
im done missing a half of games trying to figure out the 14 subscriptions i need. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

This. Exactly. Here is $65-$175 a month. Get one fucking platform that I can watch baboons fucking or the Stars postgame. Fine, here is $200 a month. Im willing to pay for access, reliability,  and ease of use. Take my money! 
without that im good with $10 a month for Cooperstein, Razor, and Nadel. Spend another $10 for college radio. 
im done missing a half of games trying to figure out the 14 subscriptions i need. 

Tell me about it. I have been playing musical chairs with these services. That is on top of the others I have such as regular Hulu, Netflix, Prime. Luckily my gf has some of those and we just share with each other. It's a pain keeping up with all these services and streaming apps.

ridiculous stuff from the Unicorn.  still don't know why some were panicking at the beginning of the season when he was "struggling" a little bit.  dude hadn't played competitive basketball in forever.  of course it was gonna take time.  now we're seeing what the hype was about.  

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

ridiculous stuff from the Unicorn.  still don't know why some were panicking at the beginning of the season when he was "struggling" a little bit.  dude hadn't played competitive basketball in forever.  of course it was gonna take time.  now we're seeing what the hype was about.  

My concerns were and still are if he can stay healthy. When healthy, this is what we will see. And should improve over time even more with him and Kuka becoming more comfortable with each other. Big man with his injuries always scare me. As they did with the Knicks. Not that they are known for making great decisions in the last 2 decades, though.

11 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Jackson is providing zero value in his minutes on the floor.  None.  Nada.  Zilch.  If we cut him tomorrow and promoted the best guy from the gleague we would immediately be a better team.

Yeah I'm about done with Jackson. He just doesn't add anything 

26 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wasn’t paying attention, didn’t realize this was a b2b. 

yeah the odd 2:30p start yesterday threw me off too tonight when i was wondering where kp was.  knew for sure we didn't play last night.