2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

51 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Fuck Harrell. 

It’s a little exciting to be playing a team full of bitch mother fuckers that we know we’ll be seeing plenty of the next few years. I miss the old heated series vs the spurs that had some bad blood. Seeing Luka and KP dishing it right back is refreshing in this day and age of the NBA. Also, fine his bitch ass. 

edit to add: like someone said before, call the shit on. It’s sides instead of just picking on Luka and KP. If nothing else, maybe this will be like the pistons and Jordan where KP and Luka realize what it takes in the playoffs and lights a fire in them. I don’t doubt Lukas got it... just win baby. 

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That's not how media and public outrage works in 2020.

personally I don't really care but the NBA will let this go away.  nothing on ESPN or any other media outlet on it yet. If Luka had said the reverse he'd be apologizing everywhere, NBA would be doing damage control, Cuban would be fining him, NBA would have already suspended Luka.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

personally I don't really care but the NBA will let this go away.  nothing on ESPN or any other media outlet on it yet. If Luka had said the reverse he'd be apologizing everywhere, NBA would be doing damage control, Cuban would be fining him, NBA would have already suspended Luka.

Yeah I'm of the opinion that trash talk shouldn't be fined or addressed or anything. Just wondering how outraged white people are going to get over this one.

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I'm of the opinion that trash talk shouldn't be fined or addressed or anything. Just wondering how outraged white people are going to get over this one.

what if Luka had called him a bitchass black punk.  white people aren't going to care. some reporters could ask other players or Luka about it but then they themselves would targeted for asking the question.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

what if Luka had called him a bitchass black punk.

I don't know. But it isn't a good analogy and I don't understand why people think it is. I mean we can dig up things that MJ and KG said in their careers that they were never fined for if you want some context. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't know. But it isn't a good analogy and I don't understand why people think it is. I mean we can dig up things that MJ and KG said in their careers that they were never fined for if you want some context. 

I'm fine if you don't care that it was said but how is it not a good analogy?  

2 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

So anything racial should be allowed? Come on man that's fucking ridiculous 

I'm not going to derail this thread with my libertarian, anti-SJW political views, but if something is racially charged enough to warrant a fine or suspension then I wouldn't consider that "trash talk" anymore. 

And a white player talking to a black player can cross that line much more easily than a black player talking to a white player. Pretending like these scenarios are on equal footing is ridiculous. 

So he got called a "bitch ass white boy". Go do something about it. You better have a chip on your shoulder if you're a white guy playing in the NBA in 2020.

I'm not going to cry if Harrell gets fined for it or T'ed up the next time or loses a sponsorship. But I don't think it warrants anything like a suspension. Let 'em play. Quit pussifying the NBA. If someone says something you don't like just shut up and kick his ass and win the damn championship.

• Hook 'Em 1

We have established calling a black man “boy” is racist. Harrell should apologize and the team/players/nba should practice what their slogans on the back of the jersey say instead of just virtue signaling. 

No suspension or fine. Just an apology from the player and a statement that “racism of any kind is unacceptable” from the NBA. It’s not hard, and they have been heavily preaching to their fans to do the same in society. Time to practice what you preach. 

“equality” “unity” - are these on jerseys for popularity points or do they actually believe it?  Or just approve a new slogan for jerseys “Hypocrisy”

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

We have established calling a black man “boy” is racist. Harrell should apologize and the team/players/nba should practice what their slogans on the back of the jersey say instead of just virtue signaling. 

No suspension or fine. Just an apology from the player and a statement that “racism of any kind is unacceptable” from the NBA. It’s not hard, and they have been heavily preaching to their fans to do the same in society. Time to practice what you preach. 

“equality” “unity” - are these on jerseys for popularity points or do they actually believe it?  Or just approve a new slogan for jerseys “Hypocrisy”

its just marketing, not interrupting the business model, and keeping SJW's off their back.  they are not into practicing what they are "marketing".   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

What an absolute bunch of shit.

The double standard is fucking obvious. It’s a perfect analogy.

• Fuck You 2

13 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

KP had a great game. And the shooters found their hot streaks and kept firing them in. There has to be a little bit more tit for tat . . . with the rough play that will befall KP if Luka is out. Dallas got down but kept working for it.  

f the clips.

Loved the fight in this team, from when KP got tossed in game one, and after getting beat the fuck up in game 3 and losing Luka.

This team will only get better and if they had played ANYONE but the Clips they'd have had a better chance to advance.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I don't disagree.  It's trash talk, maybe using race, even as an identifier, probably shouldn't be done in today's climate.  Apologize, or dont, and move on.  Someone get a tech for knocking him on his ass Sunday.

25 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I think we can sum this up by saying 2 things are definitive

1. what he said was racist

2. the NBA will do nothing about it

the rest doesn't really matter

And This.

18 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

What the fuck is "reverse racism" anyway? That may be the fucking dumbest term I've ever heard

It's a stupid term someone came up with.  It's supposed to mean racism against white(thus "Racism in Reverse")

But that's actually...just, umm...racism.  Racism is racism no matter what color/race/ethnicity you or they are. So "Reverse Racism" doesn't actually exist(and it's just as stupid to for someone to claim they can't be a racist because they're a POC).

White folks can be racist.  Black folks can be racist(I've shared the story of my racist ass Father in Law a couple of times).  Latinos can be racist. Asians can be racist(and I'll say some of the most racist people I've ever actually met are Asians, Jesus).  Anyone can be racist.  It's not solely a "white only" institution.  Just the Institutional Racism that we're trying to destroy today.

Back to the Mavs...we're going to have to deal with this from time to time. Our 2 stars are Eastern Euro White Dudes and REALLY good.  Some of our key role players are also Euro Whites...there will be backlash from some players, and especially on social media, about it.  Hell I see people on Twitter all the time saying how Luka isn't all that great, he's only getting hyped BECAUSE he's White.

Edited by Drew
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Drew said:

Just the Institutional Racism that we're trying to destroy today.

This is obviously what it refers to. The idea that someone in an oppressed minority can hold views against the oppressive majority that are of equal weight as those of the oppressive majority against that oppressed minority is ridiculous on its face. Earlier this year someone in the news had a great soundbite along the lines of "the word you can't say in public is the worse word". Calling someone a white boy is not nearly as big a deal as dropping an N bomb or even "black ass" and it is obvious to everyone except snowflake trolls all butthurt over the assault on their white privilege.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Llogg said:

This is obviously what it refers to. The idea that someone in an oppressed minority can hold views against the oppressive majority that are of equal weight as those of the oppressive majority against that oppressed minority is ridiculous on its face. Earlier this year someone in the news had a great soundbite along the lines of "the word you can't say in public is the worse word". Calling someone a white boy is not nearly as big a deal as dropping an N bomb or even "black ass" and it is obvious to everyone except snowflake trolls all butthurt over the assault on their white privilege.

What if Luka called PG a bitch ass black boy?

Not racist either?