Non-Texas Recruiting Notes and Highlights: 2019 Edition

Machinator

If it matters, there's some major misconceptions here about Steven Parker's recruitment.  To begin with, he committed to TT in early May of 2017.  His very hard Tech commitment of over a year and a half certainly significantly impacted recruiting intensity and number of suitors as he formerly lived in Lubbock and had both a grandmother and aunt with whom he was very close still residing there. He was very close to some of the staff as well.

Didn't take the time to look at 247, but Rivals shows him with 30 offers.  As far as supposed lack of interest from in-.state schools, Baylor and TCU we're both very interested and offered.  He even visited TCU maybe 3 weeks ago or so.  UT certainly didn't offer, but neither did they indicate complete disinterest either as they had some conversation with him.  He visited Neb. some 8 days ago.

Parker's KU commitment is completely about one thing and one thing only, that being coach Emmett Jones getting a job at KU after having been let go when Kliff got the axe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

Ole Miss REALLY needed this one

https://247sports.com/Player/John-Rhys-Plumlee-46047798/

Looks like Ealy is gonna stick with Ole Miss assuming he doesn’t go pro in baseball. 

Plumlee and Ealy would be big wins for Ole Miss.

Maybe Clemson backed off because they thought he was going pro in baseball? 

Edited by texasstrong12

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

And those are?

He's a Black Israelite 

Apparently, he posts stuff like this regularly, turns off a bunch of people on his visits, and coaches at some schools are worried that he wouldn't be compatible with Christians on the team, so they've started backing off 

The Earth is flat, Im Hebrew not African American, Taxes is not a law, everything NASA tells you is a lie, Christianity is a false religion stolen from the herbew faith, the bible is our book with many books taken out and rewritten which is a scroll call the TORAH, the crown council of the 13 is over all of it you all have been decieved and hoodwink but what do i know im just a kid ?? one day you will regret not listening #Kicking Truth But You Call It Crazy #REALHEBREWISRAELITE

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

He's a Black Israelite 

Apparently, he posts stuff like this regularly, turns off a bunch of people on his visits, and coaches at some schools are worried that he wouldn't be compatible with Christians on the team, so they've started backing off 

The Earth is flat, Im Hebrew not African American, Taxes is not a law, everything NASA tells you is a lie, Christianity is a false religion stolen from the herbew faith, the bible is our book with many books taken out and rewritten which is a scroll call the TORAH, the crown council of the 13 is over all of it you all have been decieved and hoodwink but what do i know im just a kid ?? one day you will regret not listening #Kicking Truth But You Call It Crazy #REALHEBREWISRAELITE

Flat earth? 

tumblr_inline_mgs9vrhKFG1qg1asb.gif~c200
Edited by SydneyCarton

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

He's a Black Israelite 

Image result for history channel meme

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Looks like Ealy is gonna stick with Ole Miss assuming he doesn’t go pro in baseball. 

Plumlee and Ealy would be big wins for Ole Miss.

Maybe Clemson backed off because they thought he was going pro in baseball? 

I don't think Clemson backed off, just got beat, assuming Ealy picks Ole Miss. He's an absolute stud, but I think he's going baseball the baseball route. 

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looking at his Twitter, he's a Black Hebrew Israelite, those guys who were screaming at the Covington MAGA teens in the whole mess in DC.

(And also all that weirdness Fud posted)

https://twitter.com/CharlesMoore_11?s=09

so is Black Hebrew Israelite actually some weird Jewish sect, or is it more along the lines of a Muslim or Black Christian version of Jews for Jesus?

Edited by Viper

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looking at his Twitter, he's a Black Hebrew Israelite, those guys who were screaming at the Covington MAGA teens in the whole mess in DC.

Hmm a cushite that probably doesn't ascribe to the line of Ham story.  Interesting.  

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I don't think Clemson backed off, just got beat, assuming Ealy picks Ole Miss. He's an absolute stud, but I think he's going baseball the baseball route. 

I have a friend that knows him and thinks he's the next Warrick Dunn if he plays CFB, but believes there's very little chance of him not going pro in baseball and focusing on that full time.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

so is Black Hebrew Israelite actually some weird Jewish sect, or is it more along the lines of a Muslim or Black Christian version of Jews for Jesus?

I stopped trying to understand what his beliefs were after "Flat Earth". Once I read that I know he is either trolling, being intentionally counter culture because he thinks its cool or is mentally handicapped. 

Either way, his views on just about anything do not really matter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Neither, best I could explain is that it's kinda like how Farrakhan's Nation of Islam diverts greatly from traditional Islam. 

13 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I stopped trying to understand what his beliefs were after "Flat Earth". Once I read that I know he is either trolling, being intentionally counter culture because he thinks its cool or is mentally handicapped. 

Either way, his views on just about anything do not really matter. 

They do troll a lot, but this kid didn't invent it, so it's not just him trying to be counter culture or something like that. Someone taught him it. 

ESPN: Using signing day data to predict college football's next championship

Conclusions

Clemson has been the thorn in Alabama's side, beating the Crimson Tide twice in the past three seasons. The Tigers won it all last season after putting together the fifth-best recruiting class in 2018 -- one spot better than Alabama. It doesn't seem like the Tigers are going away anytime soon, either. Based on our formula, it seems we're staring down a fifth straight meeting between Alabama and Clemson in the College Football Playoff. Who wins the title? At least based on recruiting, it's too close to call.

Nick Saban has crafted a masterful class in 2019. It is Alabama's sixth top-tier group in eight years and the 11th top-three of Saban's tenure. Saban and the Crimson Tide owned the nation's top recruiting class in both 2015 and 2017 -- both years they won the national championship. This year, Alabama has two five-star recruits -- three who are top-rated at their positions -- and all together the Crimson Tide has a record 25 ESPN 300 prospects committed or signed.

The Tigers, meanwhile, solidified a fifth consecutive top-10 class by signing all 27 of their commitments during the early signing period. Dabo Swinney's path to restocking a defense that ranked fifth in total defense in 2018 begins with Andrew Booth and Sheridan Jones, two of the top 15 cornerbacks in the nation. The Tigers also signed five four- and three-star defensive linemen in this class. They will compete with 2018 five-stars K.J. Henry and Xavier Thomas to replace all five starting defensive linemen from this past season's championship squad.

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

See them every day preaching in chinatown in DC.  they believe all white men are evil.  That's going to be real difficult to coach.

Yeah they'll be angry. Today, it looks like Fong has put in CBs for Khris Bogle to Florida, Jerrion Ealy back to Ole Miss, Charles Moore to Auburn, Kaiir Elam to Florida, Mark-Antony Richards to Auburn, and Enokk Vimahi to Ohio State. Auburn's class in particular would finish in the top 3 based on average. 

21 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I have a friend that knows him and thinks he's the next Warrick Dunn if he plays CFB, but believes there's very little chance of him not going pro in baseball and focusing on that full time.

Yep, he reminds me of Jordyn Adams from the 2018 cycle. I thought he was the second best WR behind Amon-Ra. Nobody could cover him, because his routes were so damn fluid, but he chose the Fightin' Mack Browns over Clemson, then got selected in the first round of the MLB draft, and bounced. 

Some posts from an LSU insider

"Sticking with my previous prediction with one minor tweak...
1. Ish
2. Lee
3. Hampton
4. Moore
5. Fanua
6. Ward or Pickens
Rod will just get a spot in the next class instead of saving a spot. Last info I got was around 9ish, and that's what I'm sticking with until I'm told otherwise."

"Unfortunately that happens in recruiting, but we've got an ace in the Hole with Sopsher that not even the almighty Bama insiders have picked up on yet."

"Ward gets first dibs is what I was told. "

(regarding Moore, who LSU was going to drop for certain personal reasons) "Came back, left, then came back again. I put him in my list with minimal confidence. He's relayed the right stuff to the staff tonight, so we'll see where it is when the dust settles."

44 minutes ago, Fud said:

Some posts from an LSU insider

Hide contents

"Sticking with my previous prediction with one minor tweak...
1. Ish
2. Lee
3. Hampton
4. Moore
5. Fanua
6. Ward or Pickens
Rod will just get a spot in the next class instead of saving a spot. Last info I got was around 9ish, and that's what I'm sticking with until I'm told otherwise."

"Unfortunately that happens in recruiting, but we've got an ace in the Hole with Sopsher that not even the almighty Bama insiders have picked up on yet."

"Ward gets first dibs is what I was told. " 

(regarding Moore, who LSU was going to drop for certain personal reasons) "Came back, left, then came back again. I put him in my list with minimal confidence. He's relayed the right stuff to the staff tonight, so we'll see where it is when the dust settles." 

Is Ward the CB that aggy "passed" on?

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Arguably the best WR prospect in the country, Georgia Pickens, flips from Auburn to Georgia

Big qualification risk 

I looked up a picture of his family, thinking that they would be obese, since they're from Alabama.

But it turns out the Pickens are slim.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2