Non-Texas Recruiting Notes and Highlights: 2019 Edition

Machinator

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The DB, Stewart or whatever, from North Shore, will likely be picking TCU over Washington. Good pick-up for TCU and it will be interesting to see how he develops in our backyard.  

Two of the best DB evaluating programs out there 

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

If y'all want a laugh... Kardell Thomas' 247Sports ranking just plummeted through the cellar. From No. 73 in the country, all the way out of the Top247.

He's the classic example of Junior Fever. He showed up early, got rated early, and then sat down at the buffet line. The guy is pushing 4 bills. He's carrying roughly 100 pounds of bad weight, and he's also in need of good weight to gain. In addition, other players showed up on the radar without all the baggage and with much better film. I am fucking glorying in the concept that LSU has more OLs over 350 than under 325. They're going to bleat "SEC Linemen!" until they're blue in the face, and that's fine by me. How many 370 pound guard are playing currently in the NFL?

Just now, closetojumping said:

He's the classic example of Junior Fever. He showed up early, got rated early, and then sat down at the buffet line. The guy is pushing 4 bills. He's carrying roughly 100 pounds of bad weight, and he's also in need of good weight to gain. In addition, other players showed up on the radar without all the baggage and with much better film. I am fucking glorying in the concept that LSU has more OLs over 350 than under 325. They're going to bleat "SEC Linemen!" until they're blue in the face, and that's fine by me. How many 370 pound guard are playing currently in the NFL?

Wasn't there a stat that only one of the OL and DL invited to the Senior Bowl weighed over 300 lbs?

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I dont understand. That mod is being reasonable and applying logic. Im confused.  

Quite a few of the Geaux247 posters were expecting Kardell to drop based on the reports coming out of the AA bowl, I think.

They're super pissed about Christian Harris getting a big ratings bump though.

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I dont understand. That mod is being reasonable and applying logic. Im confused.  

aggy is still going to be pissed because SEC!SEC!SEC!

Meanwhile, Kardell Thomas is the new Kendell Jones. Somebody help his shoes!

C-f8EtfWAAQFJHa.jpg

Edited by Tex Pete

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"Even when Kardell was dominating camps... he wasn't getting good reviews from you guys"

Holy shit it's almost like your mods, WHO ARE INCENTIVED TO LIKE YOUR COMMITS, saw that he was fat and couldn't really move.

listen, after my senior year, i sat down, i buried myself in weed, beer and pussy, and didnt lift or run till I hit 2 a days in college. i was never the same, i lost a couple of steps. and i was nowhere near this guys size. 

look at Shepherds body change since the summer. big guys can put on weight quick and if you are lazy on top of that, you can start looking bad real quick

33 minutes ago, golfclap said:

related : USC WR commit Puka Nacua will visit UCLA and Oregon next week ahead of national signing day. He is headed to Washington this weekend.

Ford has been a very loose commit as well 

They might as well fire Helton as this point 

24 minutes ago, Fud said:

Ford has been a very loose commit as well 

They might as well fire Helton as this point 

It’s like if we had kept Charlie after he lost to Kansas and the whole class fell apart and then he had to suck and not get any good recruits for a whole another year. JFC there program is gonna be in a bad way by the time they get a new coach.

8 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s like if we had kept Charlie after he lost to Kansas and the whole class fell apart and then he had to suck and not get any good recruits for a whole another year. JFC there program is gonna be in a bad way by the time they get a new coach.

SC is already one of the biggest front running fanbases in college football, and they are beside themselves at keeping Helton. The stands at the Coliseum are going to be brutal this year. 

8 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Shilo Sanders to South Carolina.

giphy.gif

On 1/23/2019 at 6:15 AM, SydneyCarton said:

TEXAS (Source: https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2019-Football/Commits/)

#3      WR: Jordan Whittington
#12    WR Jake Smith
#25    WR Marcus Washington (#25 lol)
#5      TE Brayden Liebrock

Oklahoma 

#1 WR Jadon Haselwood 

#3 WR Theo Weese 

#10 WR Trejan Bridges 

#4 TE Austin Stogner 

Clemson 

#5 WR Frank Ladson

#8 WR Joe Ngata 

#62 WR Brannon Spector

#9 TE Jaelen Lay

SC

#1 ATH Bru Mccoy 

#7 WR Kyle Ford 

#24 WR Puca Nacua 

#37 WR Drake London

#8 TE Jude Wolfe 

mz9LRE.gif

TEXAS 

#1   ATH  Bru Mccoy

#3      WR: Jordan Whittington

#12    WR Jake Smith

#25    WR Marcus Washington (#25 lol)

#5      TE  Brayden Liebrock

Oklahoma 

#1 WR Jadon Haselwood 

#3 WR Theo Weese 

#10 WR Trejan Bridges 

#4 TE Austin Stogner 

Clemson 

#5 WR Frank Ladson

#8 WR Joe Ngata 

#62 WR Brannon Spector

#9 TE Jaelen Lay

I say got damn! Those are three insane classes, and it's gonna be fun following them the next three years... 

I think Ngata is the best WR in the class, but Texas has the best class as a whole. 

• Like 2