Non-Texas Recruiting Notes and Highlights: 2019 Edition

Machinator

12 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

a big motherfucker with great hand/eye and very good balance who keeps his feet underneath him despite the momentum.

he’ll get in shape and the coaching/technique, but he’s got the good shit innately.

and he’s nasty as fuck...

He's the worst 5* I've ever seen this late. I bet he gets dropped 

14 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I actually like LSU’s class but Thomas is way overvalued. Just go watch any clips from this week. He lost like 90% of his reps. 

Please tell me he’s expecting to start next year when LSU comes to Austin. 

We can run a D line rotation at him like we did Georgia. and he'll stroke out by the 3rd quarter 

13 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

that scenario needs to be a case study in Urbans character course 

Par for the course. This is the same guy who told Jevan Snead he was recruiting Tebow as a linebacker and informed CJ Spiller that God wanted him to sign with Florida. I'm sure he's forgotten about those things though, with his medical condition and all. Just like he'll forget saying that he'd never coach again.

Edited by campcrunk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

Par for the course. This is the same guy who told Jevan Snead he was recruiting Tebow as a linebacker and informed CJ Spiller that God wanted him to sign with Florida. I'm sure he's forgotten about those things though, with his medical condition and all. Just like he'll forget saying that he'd never coach again.

He really told Spiller that? Lmaooo

16 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Na I believe it was actually Shariff Floyd, talked to him the morning before he signed and told him he had a dream and God told him he should come play for him at Florida. 

Wow. I'm not surprised that Meyer did that, but I'm surprised anyone would fall for it. It just sounds stupid. Jesus.

1 hour ago, bEastTexas said:

Na I believe it was actually Shariff Floyd, talked to him the morning before he signed and told him he had a dream and God told him he should come play for him at Florida. 

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Wow. I'm not surprised that Meyer did that, but I'm surprised anyone would fall for it. It just sounds stupid. Jesus.

I think that Meyer knew who he was dealing with and knew that in this instance, it would work.

Apparently he was right.

• Like 2

TCU updates 

They want a grad transfer QB but they are like the 5th option in the Hurts sweepstakes. They might lose to Duke for Austin Kendall. Stay tuned. 

TCU might get DE David Ugwoegbu because Aggy and OU are full. He wanted to commit to them last month but they said no thanks. They bought Derrick Hunter and still have Mowry. Looks like Aggy might buy Shepherd, so Ugwoegnu def doesn’t have a spot, and Mowry is now a maybe. 

I’ve never heard of the rest of the people they are recruiting these days 

Edited by Neonmoon

Is that just a ham fisted attempt to try and encourage schools to receuit their lesser athletes?

”Hey Tommy, i realize your mommy and daddy are rich AF, and that youre an actual Bellaire player, not a recruited kid to play for Bellaire, but how would you like a free ride to UTEP? El Paso is a delightful city.  Oh, your parents already bought you a house for your Freshman year in Austin. Ok...”

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is that just a ham fisted attempt to try and encourage schools to receuit their lesser athletes?

”Hey Tommy, i realize your mommy and daddy are rich AF, and that youre an actual Bellaire player, not a recruited kid to play for Bellaire, but how would you like a free ride to UTEP? El Paso is a delightful city.  Oh, your parents already bought you a house for your Freshman year in Austin. Ok...”

Trying to get Corey Williams more offers, I guess