Josh Gordon Suspended Indefinitely

Vic Mackey

There is a reason he dropped so down the waiver wire, for the Seahawks all in all probably not a bad gamble since a couple of his critical 3rd and long catches pretty much sealed the 49er game win. Saying on sports radio he's not owed his full contract due to the suspension, they will get off having to pay him $760k  chump change in the league. 

Hopefully he gets his shit together, as seen by the crazy full spread out finger tip catch yesterday hes still got the talent. 

23 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

There is a reason he dropped so down the waiver wire, for the Seahawks all in all probably not a bad gamble since a couple of his critical 3rd and long catches pretty much sealed the 49er game win. Saying on sports radio he's not owed his full contract due to the suspension, they will get off having to pay him $760k  chump change in the league. 

Hopefully he gets his shit together, as seen by the crazy full spread out finger tip catch yesterday hes still got the talent. 

Hobby? What’s your hobby, Ray Josh?

Drinkin.

• Haha 1

PED?  What the hell did he take??

Weed, I get that, he's like Willie in that regard.  But what PED did he take?

Can't wait til weed is taken off the prohibited list for every job in America.

Addiction is a disease, and Josh is exhibit 1.  He's certainly not rational.

Edited by BearSchlong
  • Like 1

Now we probably have the answer to as why the WR starved Pats just cut him suddenly.  I'm thinking this was his last go around.  He's not that explosive guy from Cleveland anymore, he'll show a flash or two but without being a dominant player, teams are probably getting tired of his act and unless he can get this kicked, he's probably done.  Kind of sad.

46 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Yet Willie, that loveable skamp, entertains thousands stoned out of his gourd.

Lean wasn't Josh's problem, it's weed.

NFL is racist as hell.

Dave Chappelle and Snoop also entertain thousands stoned out of their gourd. Not the best example of NFL racism, rapelover. 

OK maybe racist is taking it a little far, I withdraw that comment.  As a white middle aged male I can only allude to what little I know about weed culture and African Americans.

Still, the point about Chappelle and Snoop illustrate the double standard that some entertainers make millions from their weed shtick while other entertainers - and let's face it, athletes are also entertainers - are prevented from performing because they have the disease of addiction.

Snoop Dogg shows up on USC's sideline and Pete Carroll is dancing with him.

Josh Gordon tests positive and gets banned.

I get it - it's a prohibited substance and and it's well within employer's rights to implement consequences for breaking the rules - Josh should have been selfish with his recovery program since he knew the consequences.  As a recovered alcoholic, I'm big on taking personal responsibility for one's actions.

The country is moving rapidly towards sane marijuana laws and one day the NFL will follow suit.

Alcohol is plenty legal, and most companies (not mine, thank god) have every right to terminate you if they find enough in your system on a random drug test, or catch you drinking a beer on your lunch break.  Universally legalizing marijuana ain't going to change much.  It wasn't like local companies completely altered their policies when marijuana was legalized in California, Colorado, Washington, etc. Companies tend to prefer that their employees not be under the influence--however slight--on company time.

As someone that has to enforce a drug policy, we're really wrestling with the issue.  Personally, I could not care less if someone lit up or ate some edibles on their weekend trip to Denver or LA..  However, because a segment of our workforce is DOT regulated, we have to enforce if they test positive.  And enforcement means termination for every other regulated drug, so it means it for THC as well.  

The problem is that the testing hasn't caught up with the legalization tsunami.  All the test is telling me is that the individual ingested THC sometime in the last 30 days.  It does NOT tell me whether that person is impaired at the time the test is administered.  If we really want to treat it like alcohol, then we need a test like alcohol.  Is the individual impaired right now, or not?  Until that test comes along, everyone subject to the random testing is subject to random termination if they choose to ingest.  And that's on them.  

On 12/17/2019 at 9:39 AM, aggie08 said:

Alcohol is plenty legal, and most companies (not mine, thank god) have every right to terminate you if they find enough in your system on a random drug test, or catch you drinking a beer on your lunch break.  Universally legalizing marijuana ain't going to change much.  It wasn't like local companies completely altered their policies when marijuana was legalized in California, Colorado, Washington, etc. Companies tend to prefer that their employees not be under the influence--however slight--on company time.

To add to it.  If there were an alcohol test that could tell you person A drinks every weekend and person B hardly drinks companies would likely hire person B.  Even if there aren't records of it being on company time, they'd simply rather have it removed from the equation all together if they can.