OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

"[Carrington]'s essentially Herman's lapdog in recruiting." 

It's almost like, and this may be a highly complex thought experiment, Carrington is some kind of "Director of Recruiting" and Herman is something called a "Head Coach"

Hide contents

EflGjs2XoAIOk3T?format=jpg&name=360x360EflGkCxX0AYI3m2?format=jpg&name=360x360EflGkYNXYAANB3a?format=jpg&name=360x360EflGkyIXoAADpqD?format=jpg&name=360x360

It’s fucked up that Carrington exchanges his labor for money. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I honestly think we lead for both, and it's going to be a case of whoever commits first. If UT has a preference, they need to work the phones now and make it clear. 

Is there any chance we can land both? Neither has said they would not sign with the other committed. If the name of the game is light workloads and we're putting out a high tempo, volume touch offense....

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Is there any chance we can land both? Neither has said they would not sign with the other committed. If the name of the game is light workloads and we're putting out a high tempo, volume touch offense....

With the advances in modern medicine, if we can get them both to give us a DNA sample, we should be able to clone fully-functioning replicas of each by the time next fall rolls around.

5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I mean...three days ago I'd have said no way. But now? Who knows. But I don't imagine taking both of them and keeping them would bode well for Blue. 

51 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I honestly think we lead for both, and it's going to be a case of whoever commits first. If UT has a preference, they need to work the phones now and make it clear. 

OU ending up without a top tier RB this year, after only getting McGowan last year, would be the strongest evidence of Murray's failings.

During OU's RB coaching search, I was hoping they'd get an alumnus, Sherron Moore. He would've been a less flashy hire, but he's someone who's done good work at Michigan.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, quigley said:

OU ending up without a top tier RB this year, after only getting McGowan last year, would be the strongest evidence of Murray's failings.

During OU's RB coaching search, I was hoping they'd get an alumnus, Sherron Moore. He would've been a less flashy hire, but he's someone who's done good work at Michigan.

Who was the Moore that tore us a new asshole in the early 90s? I want to say he came from Yates HS in Houston? That's not the same guy?

Drumm on Wheaton:

Spoke with a source that tells Camar is legitimately 50/50 right now. He has had solid conversations with OU and Texas over the last week or so, and it really depends on who you speak with when it comes to who the leader is right now.

I’m told Sooners RB coach DeMarco Murray has really turned up the heat on Wheaton in the last week, as well. He has done a really good job with the five-star RB. The two seem to be getting more and more on the same page, and that is a testament Murray and him changing his style to fit Wheaton’s personality.

Source last night told me that all indications are that OU is the leader in their mind. However, another source seems to feel like Texas has the edge.

It really is all in who you speak with these days with Camar’s recruiting.

All that said, we have reported that LJ Johnson could be the key with Wheaton’s recruitment in the end. If Johnson picks Texas, it could change everything. One source even came right out and said it, saying, “If LJ says he’s committing to Texas I could see Camar just deciding on OU. People around him seem to say it will make Wheaton’s decision easier.”

I know there is some reports that Texas would take both, and I’m sure they would, but I can’t see them both playing on the same squad. Regardless of how good of a job Texas RB coach Stan Drayton has done with both — and he has done a very good job, according to those with knowledge of the situation.

I have been wrong before, so if they do decide to play together, it would be shocking and a miss on my part — I’ll readily admit it.

All in all, I’ll still stick with my CB to OU for Camar. There is a decent chance he is in attendance on Saturday of the Sooner Summit. We will just have to see.

I know you all have your fingers crossed and I will update you all if I hear more

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Drumm on Wheaton:

Spoke with a source that tells Camar is legitimately 50/50 right now. He has had solid conversations with OU and Texas over the last week or so, and it really depends on who you speak with when it comes to who the leader is right now.

I’m told Sooners RB coach DeMarco Murray has really turned up the heat on Wheaton in the last week, as well. He has done a really good job with the five-star RB. The two seem to be getting more and more on the same page, and that is a testament Murray and him changing his style to fit Wheaton’s personality.

Source last night told me that all indications are that OU is the leader in their mind. However, another source seems to feel like Texas has the edge.

It really is all in who you speak with these days with Camar’s recruiting.

All that said, we have reported that LJ Johnson could be the key with Wheaton’s recruitment in the end. If Johnson picks Texas, it could change everything. One source even came right out and said it, saying, “If LJ says he’s committing to Texas I could see Camar just deciding on OU. People around him seem to say it will make Wheaton’s decision easier.”

I know there is some reports that Texas would take both, and I’m sure they would, but I can’t see them both playing on the same squad. Regardless of how good of a job Texas RB coach Stan Drayton has done with both — and he has done a very good job, according to those with knowledge of the situation.

I have been wrong before, so if they do decide to play together, it would be shocking and a miss on my part — I’ll readily admit it.

All in all, I’ll still stick with my CB to OU for Camar. There is a decent chance he is in attendance on Saturday of the Sooner Summit. We will just have to see.

I know you all have your fingers crossed and I will update you all if I hear more

"I have no news"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Lots of chatter about Tristan Leigh and OU.  Recent edit: Fong article about Leigh spending four days (including the Summit weekend thing) in Norman.

Anna L to the rescue. (Lesser of two evils ... yada ... yada ... yada.)

image.thumb.png.50b2c0a69cc3f3696b3f9ce86ce2c31c.png

Edited by Getafix
Gonf ... Fong ... whatever.

2 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Are any official policy decisions going to be made at the Summit?

Yes.  The most important one.

Head bag-o-dicks: "We suck! All in favor, say "Aye!""

Quorum (in unision): "Aye!"

HBOD:  "By unanimous acclamation, the Ayes have it! The resolution is passed.  We suck!"

Gavel: Bang!

The end.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Drumm going FullHamm with his rage if anyone questions The Summit — ragestuttering while typing is Peak Hamm ::

979184-D9-2393-4070-8-F06-E89-C6535-AC92

Written like he actually set this thing up during his recruit calls and is getting defensive about his work. 

hello recruit, how are you today?  Are you going to the sooner summit?

sooner summit? What’s that?

well let me tell you it’s just the biggest recruiting event of the year that caleb Williams is organizing. He said he wanted you there. He says it’s August 21 at wherever place. 

/repeat

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Written like he actually set this thing up during his recruit calls and is getting defensive about his work. 

hello recruit, how are you today?  Are you going to the sooner summit?

sooner summit? What’s that?

well let me tell you it’s just the biggest recruiting event of the year that caleb Williams is organizing. He said he wanted you there. He says it’s August 21 at wherever place. 

/repeat

Yeah, he seems a little too invested.

It's almost like his job depends on an industry which may disappear for a year, and he's trying to maintain the investment of his subscribers despite no real information.

• Haha 1

Drumm, on Foster.  (Not making it to the Summit, but he and mama are in love with everything OU.  Barf.)
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1de33c9ecce0ed5cbf41d78b7aaab212.png

Can’t get off work is a new one. You would think that data points toward a college decision for a top 50 recruit would pull rank on fryer duty at wing stop. He really is an aggy at heart.
  • Like 1

OU scrummage update is interesting — here’s a snippet :: 

*** Here is the deal, sources tell me OU did another of covid screening on Monday. I don’t know if it was for the contact traced players, that were in contact with the previous positive nine, or what?

Also don’t know how the test went. Right now, I’m assuming good but the Sooners are a bit short-handed on OL/DL at the moment. Mainly because OL guys have to playe defensive line a bit. 

I know that Jalen Redmond has been banged up a bit, too. This all stems back from previous season injury where Covid actually hurt him and his rehab. So, OU has him sitting out a bit lately. 

I don’t know if that was the case today, as well, but know he had in previous days. 

I’m told it’s day-to-day right now as they monitor his nagging situation.

26 minutes ago, golfclap said:

OU scrummage update is interesting — here’s a snippet :: 

*** Here is the deal, sources tell me OU did another of covid screening on Monday. I don’t know if it was for the contact traced players, that were in contact with the previous positive nine, or what?

Also don’t know how the test went. Right now, I’m assuming good but the Sooners are a bit short-handed on OL/DL at the moment. Mainly because OL guys have to playe defensive line a bit. 

I know that Jalen Redmond has been banged up a bit, too. This all stems back from previous season injury where Covid actually hurt him and his rehab. So, OU has him sitting out a bit lately. 

I don’t know if that was the case today, as well, but know he had in previous days. 

I’m told it’s day-to-day right now as they monitor his nagging situation.

Redmond some sort of illness that never been publicly disclosed which made him miss time as a freshman. I think the speculation was sickle cell 

I guess whatever it is isn’t making him at-risk 

45 minutes ago, Fud said:

Redmond some sort of illness that never been publicly disclosed which made him miss time as a freshman. I think the speculation was sickle cell 

I guess whatever it is isn’t making him at-risk 

He has blood clots and apparently they've recurred in the past. IF they're recurrent (even if not now), it's very dangerous for him to play football ever again.

Edited by quigley
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, quigley said:

Yeah, he seems a little too invested.

It's almost like his job depends on an industry which may disappear for a year, and he's trying to maintain the investment of his subscribers despite no real information.

This is a great point, and yet holy shit this is fucking cringe-y

EfvhFdUWAAEHXyN?format=jpg&name=360x360

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This is a great point, and yet holy shit this is fucking cringe-y

EfvhFdUWAAEHXyN?format=jpg&name=360x360

The “jealous fanbase” he’s speaking of is Ohio State. Funny thing is, the two recruits Ohio State is worried about aren’t even attending