OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"Great kid great family", and yet he's probably lying to you and is definitely a bit of an entitled douche on the ole Twitter

Efv_tmzX0AM5GU3?format=jpg&name=360x360Efv_uUZXgAYYUIp?format=jpg&name=360x360Efv_uASXsAASzyD?format=jpg&name=360x360Efv_uvwXkAA_O-3?format=jpg&name=360x360

It's really incredible how much shit Drumm takes from the OU boards. I guess we're only being provided with the juicy screen caps but it seems like they are regularly second guessing his reporting. Even Perroni doesn't get it this bad from his subscribers.

Conversely, I visited 247's Texas boards during yesterday's free access period and it seemed like users were being overly gracious to Roach/Harris. Maybe my brain is just fried from browsing Surly too much.

21 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

It's really incredible how much shit Drumm takes from the OU boards. I guess we're only being provided with the juicy screen caps but it seems like they are regularly second guessing his reporting. Even Perroni doesn't get it this bad from his subscribers.

Two idiot fan bases. One is a bunch of meth heads, the other a bunch of shit heads. All arrogant. 

Drumm is getting EMOTIONAL, quigley might have been onto something with the "his job in a way sort of hinges on this" take

I quoted his freaking mom! I relayed what I was told verbatim! Even sources at OU said it was because he couldn’t get off work and they aren’t even worried about it.

I think it’s funny you think I sugar coat things, becaue I have never been accused of being anything but outspoken about my feelings about things.

How you think I report is even more funny. Why would I try to defend a kid if i didn’t believe them? I didn’t defend Scooby Carter and flat tire incident. I called it like saw it.

I didn’t defend McClellan bs’ing me and others. I called it like I see it.

But I also know these are kids. Soemthing you all tend to forget because it’s your fandom and not a relationship with the kid.

If I thought he was BS’ing I would say so. But all I can do is quote and report what I’m told. That’s my job. It’s definitely not to report in a way you want me to do.

Can’t do much better than quote them verbatim. That’s what I’m paid to do.

Lastly, what guys do I report on that OU doesn’t have a chance with? That’s never been my style and never will be. Why would I waste my time on guys OU isn’t in play for? I am too busy to mess with BS

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

So sooners can embarrass one another?  Interesting.  Didn't know that was a thing.

Also, maybe they're overestimating the ginormous importance and societal impact of the sooner summit thingy just a tad.

Yes they have built this thing up to be so huge. Anyone that misses it is obviously not going to ou. If they get no commitments it will be a failure.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, quigley said:

Regardless of momentum, commits, or signees, the OU event has generated three pages of surly content.

Yes, it's fun to laugh at you stooges losing your shit over a kid choosing work over Norman.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Fyi...

There has been much said about the two remaining Power Five conferences cancelling their season in hopes of spring football. Some might say it was too early to pull the plug, while others think it was the right call bases on scientific evidence. Now you can add Oklahoma to the schools wanting to punt on the season.

Sooners Wire first brought up that the team could want out .According to a report from Mark Blaudschun of Sports Illustrated, the Sooners want out.

• While that was going on on Tuesday, the Big 12 was dealing with a different issue involving Oklahoma, which reportedly is leaning against the sentiment of its brethren who want to continue with the season.
  • Normally this would result in a stalemate.
  • Not so much this time because Texas is leading a charge to continue, with or WITHOUT Oklahoma as part of the conference for football this season.

Every sign out of Austin is that the Texas Longhorns want to move forward with the season. Even if Oklahoma pulls the plug such as is suggested, one should expect the Longhorns to push forward with a season. Much like what we have seen with Big Ten and teams discussing a fall schedule, Oklahoma seems discontent with the decision made by the Big 12 Conference.

With just over three weeks remaining before the start of the 2020 season, it seems like a bad time to be having this discussion. It likely should have been brought up during the Big 12 Conference’s Board of Directors meeting. Should Oklahoma opt out of the season while the Big 12 continues, they would lose out on approximately $42 million in TV revenue.

The conference has stated that they were moving forward with preparing for the upcoming season. There hasn’t been an announcement yet that the season would go on as planned as of yet. It will be interesting to see how Texas handles the situation moving forward.

Edited by LTtxfan

Fyi...

There has been much said about the two remaining Power Five conferences cancelling their season in hopes of spring football. Some might say it was too early to pull the plug, while others think it was the right call bases on scientific evidence. Now you can add Oklahoma to the schools wanting to punt on the season.

Sooners Wire first brought up that the team could want out .According to a report from Mark Blaudschun of Sports Illustrated, the Sooners want out.

• While that was going on on Tuesday, the Big 12 was dealing with a different issue involving Oklahoma, which reportedly is leaning against the sentiment of its brethren who want to continue with the season.
  • Normally this would result in a stalemate.
  • Not so much this time because Texas is leading a charge to continue, with or WITHOUT Oklahoma as part of the conference for football this season.

Every sign out of Austin is that the Texas Longhorns want to move forward with the season. Even if Oklahoma pulls the plug such as is suggested, one should expect the Longhorns to push forward with a season. Much like what we have seen with Big Ten and teams discussing a fall schedule, Oklahoma seems discontent with the decision made by the Big 12 Conference.

With just over three weeks remaining before the start of the 2020 season, it seems like a bad time to be having this discussion. It likely should have been brought up during the Big 12 Conference’s Board of Directors meeting. Should Oklahoma opt out of the season while the Big 12 continues, they would lose out on approximately $42 million in TV revenue.

The conference has stated that they were moving forward with preparing for the upcoming season. There hasn’t been an announcement yet that the season would go on as planned as of yet. It will be interesting to see how Texas handles the situation moving forward.

Holy shit. Transparent cowardice.

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. They’ll be opting out of 42 million. In these times it’s hard to imagine them literally being able to take that hit to their revenue. Good luck. 

They better take that money along with the pounding they are about to receive this season

Edited by westexhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Rewriting history re: Bijan

Hide contents

Ef0NDgIX0AAb_C5?format=jpg&name=360x360Ef0ND2YXoAAqIVH?format=jpg&name=360x360

The buzz from the OU side was that both Milton and Robinson were interested in OU. More rumor: McClellan said if OU took either, he was out.

OU recruited Tyree, but I don't know that the level of interest was high on either side.

Evans ***eye roll ***

McClellan did the Sooners wrong straight up.

Edited by quigley

26 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

McClellan was the most important recruit for Texas last year. If he commits to us we don’t get Bijan, if he doesn’t ratfuck OU they get some other 5 star RB. Mensa Tom strikes again. 

RB is overvalued, but yeah, it was a double win for UT for 2020.

Boulware's finally gone, so we'll see who benefits in the long run.

From LHF:

Drumm Beat: Sooner Summit has commenced, who is in Norman?VIP

My Boards
Back To Topics

Brandon Drumm
STAFF
Posted on 112 secs, V I P, User Since 63 months ago, User Post Count: 0
112 secs
VIP
63 months
The recruit/unknown visitor that I have been alluding to has arrived, but it’s his wishes that it not be out, and no it’s not Billy Bowman.

You all can guess, but I have to respect his wishes. It will be made public at a later time when he is ready or most likely after the summit is over.

He wants to relax, enjoy the trip and not be hassled while in OKC, he said.
He is an elite player at his position and one of the better ones in the nation. We will live at that.

Those also arrived:

4-star WR Jalil Farooq

5-star OL Tristan Leigh (who spoke with for some time already)

5-star QB Caleb Williams

5-star RB Camar Wheaton is coming tomorrow night, according to a source that spoke with people close to Wheaton. This was as of yesterday afternoon, I’m told.

4-star OL Savion Byrd is also slated to arrive in the next 24-hours

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From LHF:

Drumm Beat: Sooner Summit has commenced, who is in Norman?VIP

My Boards
Back To Topics

Brandon Drumm
STAFF
Posted on 112 secs, V I P, User Since 63 months ago, User Post Count: 0
112 secs
VIP
63 months
The recruit/unknown visitor that I have been alluding to has arrived, but it’s his wishes that it not be out, and no it’s not Billy Bowman.

You all can guess, but I have to respect his wishes. It will be made public at a later time when he is ready or most likely after the summit is over.

He wants to relax, enjoy the trip and not be hassled while in OKC, he said.
He is an elite player at his position and one of the better ones in the nation. We will live at that.

Those also arrived:

4-star WR Jalil Farooq

5-star OL Tristan Leigh (who spoke with for some time already)

5-star QB Caleb Williams

5-star RB Camar Wheaton is coming tomorrow night, according to a source that spoke with people close to Wheaton. This was as of yesterday afternoon, I’m told.

4-star OL Savion Byrd is also slated to arrive in the next 24-hours

Dallas Turner had been the other guy mooted besides Bowman: https://247sports.com/Player/Dallas-Turner-46051516/

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Wheaton

Ef4gl9EWsAIvPNf?format=jpg&name=smallEf4kzeGXYAA8yTP?format=jpg&name=small

Well, we have our ideal and preferred scenarios (beginning with errybody), but as long as we get one of them, we have an elite back, and get to tell either OU or aggy to suck it.  If that's the floor, that's not too bad.

Hank South from BamaOnline ruins Drumm’s surprise visitor — Khyree Jackson JUCO CB. who has been committed for eleven seconds :: 

Just spoke to Jackson and he's at Oklahoma today with group of recruits from the East Coast. Obviously OU was among his finalists but he says he's "locked in" with Alabama after making his commitment last weekend when I reached out to him today. Jackson is also from the East Coast so he's catching up with Jalil Farooq and some of those other guys. They obviously can't meet with anybody from the OU coaching staff, but they can still tour around campus and see it for themselves (as we've seen happen at Bama with Robbie Ouzts this summer). We'll keep y'all posted if there are any updates from it.

Edited by golfclap
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Hank South from BamaOnline ruins Drumm’s surprise visitor — Khyree Jackson JUCO CB. who has been committed for eleven seconds :: 

Just spoke to Jackson and he's at Oklahoma today with group of recruits from the East Coast. Obviously OU was among his finalists but he says he's "locked in" with Alabama after making his commitment last weekend when I reached out to him today. Jackson is also from the East Coast so he's catching up with Jalil Farooq and some of those other guys. They obviously can't meet with anybody from the OU coaching staff, but they can still tour around campus and see it for themselves (as we've seen happen at Bama with Robbie Ouzts this summer). We'll keep y'all posted if there are any updates from it.

I wonder who he's there to recruit Bama for? 

• Hook 'Em 1