OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

18 hours ago, golfclap said:

I think 2022 will be better - if you can land the in-state guys that you lead for (which has NOT been a given lately) and can land the legacy 5* DL, etc ...  assuming Grinch shows improvement (if there is a season). 

Also agree. Improved defensive performance results in improved defensive recruiting -- makes sense.

2021 will be the key season. We'll have a good sample size for OU's new defensive coaches evaluations and coaching.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Nine Sooners tested positive in their return to campus. After having none under the staff’s eye. 

actually makes a pretty compelling case for player safety at the schools. 

What OU was doing is unsustainable.

20 yo people (men and woman) won't tolerate three month of unisex habitation with only sports and school.

OU's planning to return to on campus education. "Boys will be boys" and cases will occur. This season will really be a test of depth and resolve for the players ,coaches, and administrations.

• Like 1

Nine Sooners tested positive in their return to campus. After having none under the staff’s eye. 

actually makes a pretty compelling case for player safety at the schools. 

Still wondering if Blinkin' really wants to put much more effort into playing this fall... 9.95ers reported that he presented a case for Spring Football on a B12 call

Edited by LTtxfan

Blinkin knows that Rattler did not have a Spring practice season to prepare, has limited true live game experience, and knows our DL with Sweat, Coburn and Ossai are ready to eat.  He wants no part of this matchup.  Rattler may be the GOAT, but so was Bomar.   OU SUCKS

Edited by lemonandaturd
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Still wondering if Blinkin' really wants to put much more effort into playing this fall... 9.95ers reported that he presented a case for Spring Football on a B12 call

Apparently, Riley was telling people that the 2020-21 Sooners would be his best team yet. They were so interested in playing, they successfully petitioned the NCAA to move up their opening day (since delayed by Big12). So there is a lot of tangible evidence that the Sooners wanted to play.

He's also a realist who recognizes the odds of keeping 20 year olds Covid negative is small.

13 minutes ago, quigley said:

Apparently, Riley was telling people that the 2020-21 Sooners would be his best team yet. They were so interested in playing, they successfully petitioned the NCAA to move up their opening day (since delayed by Big12). So there is a lot of tangible evidence that the Sooners wanted to play.

He's also a realist who recognizes the odds of keeping 20 year olds Covid negative is small.

Hey everybody, did you hear that? OU is definitely taking the moral high ground here. It’s so refreshing that the sooners are continuing their tradition of having a solid moral code and gamesmanship. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, quigley said:

Apparently, Riley was telling people that the 2020-21  Sooners would be his best team yet. They were so interested in playing, they successfully petitioned the NCAA to move up their opening day (since delayed by Big12). So there is a lot of tangible evidence that the Sooners wanted to play.

Quig's do you really believe this fall's "Sooners would be his best team yet"??

I hope you aren't buying that... 

Edited by LTtxfan

33 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Quig's do you really believe this fall's "Sooners would be his best team yet"??

I hope you aren't buying that...

I started the statement with "apparently" so I'm not certain he said it.

The defense was obviously better last year than any of his prior teams so that's the baseline. In 2020, the defense could again be better based on overall depth in the secondary and improved overall LB play. There's total uncertainty at NG. The offense could definitely be better. OL should be better, but the running game will be without a true QB run threat. Improvement in the passing game could come from better protecting and Rattler's ability to throw the ball but there won't be someone like Lamb catching it (who's in the argument for best WR in school history).

The Big12 may be better overall so whether there's a 6th straight championship is a question. Of course, Covid-related issues could shutdown key players at any time.

But yeah, it's possible that this could be a really good Sooner team.

5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea if Riley wasn't pushing for season cancellation before he definitely will be now

He could use it as a rebuild/freebie.  Give Rattler, other freshmen a lot of playing time and experience, to speed up their development for next year.

Brooks was an early entry candidate for the 2020 NFL draft. He'd had two 1,000 yd season and averaged 7.5 yds per carry over his career. What did he have left to prove? Best wishes to him now.

The losses of Sermon and McClellan sting even more now. Marcus Major was expected to be a big contributor already. Pledger hasn't shown much in two years on campus, and I thought was a portal candidate. McGowen is going to be counted on as a freshman, and Henderson is apparently working at RB. That's four and Stevenson will be back for the latter half of the season, if it occurs. OU's going to have people tote the rock.

I anticipated seeing more sets with at least 2 of Hall, Willis, and Stogner on the field already, and this is almost certain now.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Drumm trying to a) talk most of them off the ledge and b) tell the HE'S LETTING THE TEAM DOWN brigade that they're being morons

Hide contents

Efko9O9XsAE_11_?format=jpg&name=360x360Efko9mtWkAMXxqi?format=jpg&name=360x360Efko9_WXoAI3Sx9?format=jpg&name=360x360Efko-SmXoAIxpeF?format=jpg&name=360x360Efko_rTWsAAXa6s?format=jpg&name=360x360EfkpAFwXYAAUIUL?format=jpg&name=360x360EfkpAZjXoAwOi46?format=jpg&name=360x360

Even if Humphrey leaves, though there'd be a drop off, there are options at center. 

OU's really thin at WR and broadly on defense. There's no one at those spots who can logically go pro.

If I were a college athlete and knew I wouldn't lose eligibility, I'd sit out this year (if basketball, I'd go play pro in NZ).

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

Seems like OU will try and land a grad transfer 

OU'd be a good landing spot for a B1G or P12 grad transfer.

Fun offense, friendly depth chart. Pledger is the only RB eligible for first half the season with any carriers (21 total over two years).

20 minutes ago, quigley said:

Brooks was an early entry candidate for the 2020 NFL draft. He'd had two 1,000 yd season and averaged 7.5 yds per carry over his career. What did he have left to prove? Best wishes to him now.

The losses of Sermon and McClellan sting even more now. Marcus Major was expected to be a big contributor already. Pledger hasn't shown much in two years on campus, and I thought was a portal candidate. McGowen is going to be counted on as a freshman, and Henderson is apparently working at RB. That's four and Stevenson will be back for the latter half of the season, if it occurs. OU's going to have people tote the rock.

I anticipated seeing more sets with at least 2 of Hall, Willis, and Stogner on the field already, and this is almost certain now.

I didn't understand the Sermon transfer. Rattler will not be toting the rock 300+ times like Murray and Hurts did. You are looking at about 190 plus carries moving from Hurts to Rattler. Going to have a plenty of touches for everyone one. I guess Ohio State sold him on being the true #2 guy, before they canceled their season.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I didn't understand the Sermon transfer. Rattler will not be toting the rock 300+ times like Murray and Hurts did. You are looking at about 190 plus carries moving from Hurts to Rattler. Going to have a plenty of touches for everyone one. I guess Ohio State sold him on being the true #2 guy, before they canceled their season.

DeMarco Murray might be kind of a shithead. Or at least a inexperienced coach who is finding it harder than he thought to coast on name alone.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Anyone surprised by another RB opting-out/leaving hasn’t been paying attention. When Sermon left it was rumored that the RB room wasn’t enamored with their new coach. 

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Sermon wasn't happy about getting touches 1/2'd (during Boulware). This was weird prior to Murray coming in. If he didn't like Murray, I'm sure that added to it. I don't think we need to invoke coaching issues in Brooks leaving. That seems like a logical decision at this point.

Agree regarding QB run game being diminished. I anticipate it going back to Mayfield-like numbers, around six total rushes per game with half being passing plays breaking down.

Several people shared that Murray alienated that OU RB room and he has made several recruiting gaffes this season already. The RBs at Arizona were very glad to see him gone and he made a mess of their rotations. 

He may end up being a good coach in the long run but right now he is very inexperienced and very abrasive. both are working against him and this isn’t going to help. 

this isn’t a new take btw — 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Several people shared that Murray alienated that OU RB room and he has made several recruiting gaffes this season already. The RBs at Arizona were very glad to see him gone and he made a mess of their rotations. 

He may end up being a good coach in the long run but right now he is very inexperienced and very abrasive. both are working against him and this isn’t going to help. 

I understand that it may be appealing to this audience to propagate this rumor.

And the rumor may be true!

That said, it also isn't necessary to explain either Sermon transferring (lack of carries prior to Murray arriving) or Brooks leaving.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

"[Carrington]'s essentially Herman's lapdog in recruiting." 

It's almost like, and this may be a highly complex thought experiment, Carrington is some kind of "Director of Recruiting" and Herman is something called a "Head Coach"

Hide contents

EflGkyIXoAADpqD?format=jpg&name=360x360

Clearly Riley feels certain they'll win the 2020 championship, too. That's why he's done everything but claim his grandma just died or that his dog ate his homework to skip the season.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, golfclap said:

I find it hard to believe that a guy who would fuck his teammates' wife would be an abrasive dickhead.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2