2020 Dems: Iowa (how it works and what to look for)

bad_teammate

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

So what online gambling site do I go to to place a bet on which Democrat candidate is the first to blame this whole thing on election interference from Nebraska?

You're going to vote for a rapist traitor, again, so shut the fuck up.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I've changed my mind. These are the people who should run my medical care and manage my retirement savings. They know what's best for me, even when I don't. They are competent, caring professionals. They only want the best for me and mine. I trust in their good motives. Their promises are as good as gold. Sign me up.

That’s like saying Kansas basketball sucks because the Big 12 Commissioner sucks. 

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Are these fucking morons trying to give Trump ammunition?

God damn.  Y'all knew this was happening today.  It wasn't a pop quiz.

a few years ago, we were in vegas for nfl week 1, and the sunday ticket on directv crashed for over an hour.  they were not ready for that kind of activity spike.

5 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

So what online gambling site do I go to to place a bet on which Democrat candidate is the first to blame this whole thing on election interference from Nebraska?

democratic.

just because you guys can't find kansas city on a map, doesn't mean shitty grammar is ok.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

MSNBC made this point, so do with it what you will, but the turnout in Iowa was basically the same as in 2016, and way less than the turnout in 2008 for Obama vs. Hillary.  That is not a great sign for the strength of the candidates.  

With so many more people in the race than last time, plus an incumbent Trump to rally against, that’s actually really disappointing.  

Many people didn’t caucus because there were too many candidates.  

Or you know, wait until all the information is in and correct so as to not mislead people? 

Bernie runs such a dishonest campaign.
You have no evidence this data is misleading or that anything dishonest is happening.

The way caucuses work is that the state precinct chairs do the counts out in the open in front of the campaigns' precinct captains.

Watch the video of the woman flipping the coin and awarding a delegate based on that. She fills it in on the worksheet while talking to the precinct captains. She even says, "You get the delegate" directly to a campaign precinct captain.

Who did you think she was talking to?

Bernie told his captains to record the info and send it to the mothership. I'm sure the other campaigns did the same. Crazy if they didn't.

The campaigns keep the spreadsheets and hold them to compare to official data.

12:30 comes and...

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

You have no evidence this data is misleading or that anything dishonest is happening.

The way caucuses work is that the state precinct chairs do the counts out in the open in front of the campaigns' precinct captains.

Watch the video of the woman flipping the coin and awarding a delegate based on that. She fills it in on the worksheet while talking to the precinct captains. She even says, "You get the delegate" directly to a campaign precinct captain.

Who did you think she was talking to?

Bernie told his captains to record the info and send it to the mothership. I'm sure the other campaigns did the same. Crazy if they didn't.

The campaigns keep the spreadsheets and hold them to compare to official data.

12:30 comes and...

if you have enough people on the ground, in theory, a caucus should be a lot easier to tabulate internally than a primary.

i think there's a good reason bernie and pete staffers think they did really well.  and it's not shitty anonymous exit polls.

Amy came running out the gate to imply victory. Smart as hell.

I don't know what Warren was like bc she got bumped for Joe, who sucked.

Bernie was confidently circumspect and had the look of a cat who got the bird.

Pete just openly declared victory.

Sanders provided some receipts in response to Pete.

Can't get mad at these people posturing while the judges try to wipe their drool off the scorecards.

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Amy came running out the gate to imply victory. Smart as hell.

I don't know what Warren was like bc she got bumped for Joe, who sucked.

Bernie was confidently circumspect and had the look of a cat who got the bird.

Pete just openly declared victory.

Sanders provided some receipts in response to Pete.

Can't get mad at these people posturing while the judges try to wipe their drool off the scorecards.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

politics is perception. amy, bernie, and pete played this correctly. 

bernie and pete also have internal numbers to back it up. 

i wasn’t happy pete waited so long. but if you do, you gotta come out like you waited for a reason. 

his speech and attitude work, because finishing 2nd is a “win” for pete. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s desperation to control a media cycle and it’s weak af.

everyone is entitled to their opinions. your opinions are shitty and inaccurate. 

if he won or finished second, it’s a great speech. if he finished 3rd or 4th, it won’t matter anyway.

he also didn’t declare victory.  he just projected the attitude.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

Good thing this political party has placed protecting the democratic process and the integrity of elections as top priorities.

December 2019: Republicans block bipartisan election security bill for third time, claiming that threats to Russia would hurt Trump

October 2019: Senate Republicans block two election security bills

July 2019: Republicans block election security efforts despite Mueller's warnings

May 2019: Republicans Abandon Election Security

Aug 2018: Republicans block $250 million to beef up election security

• Like 6

Lol

So the caucus begins

Results coming in very slowly

Turns out results weren't actually coming in, reports are something is wrong and shouldn't be so slow

There's a new app that the DNC is using

Doesn't work

If the screen shuts off the app quits

The app counts votes wrong, wrong district, wrong people...

Mayor Pete partially funded the app

The DNC pulls it, says it will take the time to count votes

Berndog, Creepy Joe, and Liz all say they expect to win

Mayor Pete comes out and just says he won

Turns out the app is a HillDawg scam from 2016

Bernie puts out their internal numbers without the DNC consent

Now if the DNC says different, the entire base will flip out (again)

Could this have gone any worse?

maxresdefault.jpg

There is going to be absolutely no way that whoever finishes second is not going to claim this was rigged against them and absolutely no way that whoever wins is not going to have to defend themselves from the accusation all the way up to Super Tuesday.  The Democrats truly have the Midas touch.  Everything they touch turns into an exhaust system.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1