2020 Dems: Iowa (how it works and what to look for)

bad_teammate

Is this finally what you DNC diehards needed to get rid of the insane Iowa Caucus system and move them back on the calendar?  As much as I dislike this long-ass and disheveled primary calendar, it's a damn big country---and you need time to move around it and spend time in various parts of various states.  Until Trump took up golfing and having insane cult rallies in obscure towns, the primary season was really the only time a President truly saw much of their nation.  So we gotta spread out to the slate, but holy shit---just move Iowa into the middle where they can't fuck shit up like this again.  There has to be serious consequences to this fuck-up on their part.  They fucked up in 2012, but that was just a series of human errors that conflated one another.  This is just a handful of overly-hungry IDP zealots who thought they were gonna "disrupt" their way to a more efficient election.  I'm guessing a $63k app not only crashes easily but has the cybersecurity infrastructure of my Atari 2600

11 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Go back to texags.

Lordy, don't do that or you're lost forever. Last year I spent some time lurking over there when the impeachment inquiry gained momentum. Some of the posters there had the idea that the President or his people monitor their site for ideas because they are conservative pundits. Between that and the 'Q' pod people, they are an odd bunch. I know not all of their grads aren't like that, but those folks must go somewhere else for discourse.

Glad I avoided this thread with all the dipshits trolling that openly support a fascist. Fuck caucuses and Iowa and the DNC (who gave their blessing for this new system) and boomers who are woefully unprepared to deal with tech.

Also Shadow LLC is some CIA banana republic sounding shit, good lord.

Edited by GSU&UT
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Glad I avoided this thread with all the dipshits trolling that openly support a fascist. Fuck caucuses and Iowa and the DNC (who gave their blessing for this new system) and boomers who are woefully unprepared to deal with tech.

Just let it out.  This place will be back to an echo chamber of the same 8 lunatics and their socks by noon.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Fan boys of the most incompetent administration in the history of our country trolling about the incompetence of others is very on-brand as well.

Somebody get the flashlight so these cockroaches run back to wherever they were hiding.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So, forgive me to trying to apply some real analysis to last night, but the one thing that seems confirmed was that turnout was lower than expected.  Genuinely curious what that does for the "BERNIE BRINGS SO MUCH ENTHUSIASM" narrative.  

It was. And this is a waste. None of these people are winning Iowa. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So, forgive me to trying to apply some real analysis to last night, but the one thing that seems confirmed was that turnout was lower than expected.  Genuinely curious what that does for the "BERNIE BRINGS SO MUCH ENTHUSIASM" narrative.  

Turnout was rigged by Hillary Clinton and the DNC.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’m not sure how one ascribe this as a criticism of Bernie exclusively.  Iowa skews more religious, older and whiter than The average state, not exactly his brand.  I think it’s a bad sign for Democrats overall but it’s a small data point.

18 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Fraud Guarantee, Shadow LLC are only mildly concerning names really when it comes to politics. It's when it comes out in the open with We're Here to Fuck You Up Incorporated that you may wish to relocate.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
omission

After sobering up and getting sleep...

If an accurate count comes out today the furor is actually pretty stupid from a longer perspective.

A lot of candidates. Very high scrutiny.

A clean count
This take is good.

I think Amy's gamesmanship forced the hands of the other campaigns.

44 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:
48 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:
Thanks Iowa for four more years of Trump 

The vote for president is in November, which is about 6 media years from now.

Because the GOP is known for letting flubs like this go quietly into the night without raising them over and over and over and over...

10 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It was flat to previous years and Bern prolly is in a 3 or 4 way tie which pops the balloon of bringing all these new voters to the system.

8 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I’m not sure how one ascribe this as a criticism of Bernie exclusively.  Iowa skews more religious, older and whiter than The average state, not exactly his brand.  I think it’s a bad sign for Democrats overall but it’s a small data point.

I singled out Bernie, but should have said the progressives in general.  There are plenty of voters who lean moderate but want Trump out more than anything.  I think they could be convinced to go far left if they think it's the best shot to beat Trump, as Bernie Bros have been telling us, but I imagine there needs to be some concrete evidence of that first.  Nights like last night won't help.

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

My fave conspiracy theory was that Hillary’s 2016 campaign manager developed the app

In November, Iowa’s Democratic and Republican Parties teamed up with the Defending Digital Democracy Project at Harvard to run a drill of worst-case scenarios. The event, led by Robby Mook, the campaign manager for Hillary Clinton in 2016, and Eric Rosenbach, a former chief of staff at the Pentagon, featured a fire drill of sorts, designed by future Defense Department officers.

“We ran them through the ringer and pushed them really hard,” Mr. Mook said. “Some were much better at managing technical issues, and some were better managing information operations and disinformation, misinformation and communicating with the public. So I think they really learned from each other, and they created some best practices for each other.”

• Like 1

Just now, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

...sooo....as far as anyone knows for certain, there's going to be a delay in getting the Iowa caucus results?

Iowa 2012 for the GOP took 2 weeks. We have SOTU and NH coming up. Iowa ain’t going to matter in the end. 

29 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Fan boys of the most incompetent administration in the history of our country trolling about the incompetence of others is very on-brand as well.

Somebody get the flashlight so these cockroaches run back to wherever they were hiding.

Yet they're absolutely certain about how tech savvy the Dems are when it comes to Hillary's email. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

...sooo....as far as anyone knows for certain, there's going to be a delay in getting the Iowa caucus results?

I'd be almost willing to bet they come out right in the middle of the SOTU tonight.  Gives MSNBC, CNN, and any other network that would like but needs a legitimate excuse to cut away from Trump.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I'd be almost willing to bet they come out right in the middle of the SOTU tonight.  Gives MSNBC, CNN, and any other network that would like but needs a legitimate excuse to cut away from Trump.

They are not cutting away from the state of the union for Iowa results.