2020 Dems: Iowa (how it works and what to look for)

bad_teammate

34 minutes ago, WBT said:

Here they still haven't said anything official 16 hours later.  I don't think this is that big of a deal either but in certain ways it is worse.

i'd prefer all elections not have the results known for maybe a day so that we can make sure we get it right rather than rushing to declare a winner.  it's particularly important in a 6+ timezone nationwide general where polls are still open for several hours out west after those back east have shut down. 

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i was lead to believe there was no conservative circle jerking on this board.  was that wrong?

image.png

(also, exactly who are the 8 lunatics here?)

Some well known trolls and their sock accounts. It’s why some of them are still around. 

A lot of them also thought the Sack’s mayor Pete butt sex joke was hilarious as well. I thought it was kind of lame personally. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Calvinballin' in Iowa

If this is true, I think everything past the first vote should be thrown out.

That happened at one of the caucuses that CNN was at. I think it was the one that Tapper covered. The Biden crowd was clearly not viable but in talking to them they explained that they were going to woo the people from the Klobuchar group, which was also not viable after the first count. 

Iowa is a test of organizing ability.

Buttigieg and Warren had excellent organizations in Iowa - as well as Sanders. Yang supporters brought additional enthusiasm. I suspect they will see good results when Iowa is counted.

Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg and Yang proved they can put together an organization. That is the Iowa test.

Biden's campaign has been an absolute failure when it comes to organizing and his results will bear out his campaign's impotence. 

Time for Biden and Bloomberg to step aside. We have good candidates in this race. If one of them is a rat - that candidate should leave as well.

From a Sanders supporter, congrats to Warren, Buttigieg and Yang supporters. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

At this point does it even matter? The accuracy of the results will be questioned, and the campaigns moved on to NH

Iowa is a test of who puts together the best organization. That is important in a democracy and Iowa is a measure of it. No need to sleep on Iowa results. And now the whole world wants to know. 

People are ready for the SOTU speech to be done and the Senate Trial to be over. The energy will turn to the Democratic Nomination (unless Trump is permitted to create a wag the dog scenario). 

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

the misguided apoplexy of sportscasters and writers unable immediately to announce the winner of the superbowl, and blaming (perhaps correctly) the scoreboard and referees that broke down during the game.  it's of the utmost importance to get the score right and figure out who won the game.  couldn't we just wait?  what's a day? 

27 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Those tweets capture my feelings on this matter.  Objectively speaking, this isn’t even remotely a big deal.   But everyone’s freaking the fuck out and hyping up a minor delay as if it’s the end of the fucking world.  It’s not.  Calm the fuck down, stop amplifying bullshit canards about Democrat chaos, and talk instead about how ensuring the integrity of the results is the right thing to do in an election year as consequential as this.

45 minutes ago, heso said:

That happened at one of the caucuses that CNN was at. I think it was the one that Tapper covered. The Biden crowd was clearly not viable but in talking to them they explained that they were going to woo the people from the Klobuchar group, which was also not viable after the first count. 

This is exactly what I was asking about last night. I knew something wasn’t right. 

2 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Did Biden come in 5th? That would be one of the explanations if it were true

I expect that he came in a distant 4th at best, but more likely 5th based on what I saw last night. They were at very few locations where he had a viable 15% and many locations where he was behind Yang in the first count. 

8 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Did Biden come in 5th? That would be one of the explanations if it were true

Stop spreading conspiracies. It’s not to deny Bernie, or protect Biden. 

Thanks, Iowa, for making this primary 100x stupider than all of 2019 

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is exactly what I was asking about last night. I knew something wasn’t right. 

It happened in one of the other places too. You could tell that both cnn anchors thought it was incorrect but weren’t positive in their knowledge of the process enough to challenge it. 

26 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the misguided apoplexy of sportscasters and writers unable immediately to announce the winner of the superbowl, and blaming (perhaps correctly) the scoreboard and referees that broke down during the game.  it's of the utmost importance to get the score right and figure out who won the game.  couldn't we just wait?  what's a day? 

i was unaware that the superbowl required reviewing the accounts of all in attendance to see who they thought the winner should be.