Dallas Cowboys 2018 offseason thread

DougO

57 minutes ago, michaelpshayes said:

of all the dumb shit I've heard spill out of those Arkansas hillbilly's mouth, that one irritates me more than most ....it's like those diarrhea brains heard a new word from that colossal moron Linehan ..thought it sounded cool.... and now they're going use it even though it's just fucking made up ...clowns 

Its not even done correctly. This football retarded family is so stupid when it comes to the game they can't even make up a bullshit term correctly. 

They said it stands for "wherever back" as in you can put him wherever in the formation. In that case it should be a W back or at worst a WE back. Or just call him a WEB. No, they have to throw in the extra "back" in there to make it sound racist. 

16 hours ago, In10se said:

Its not even done correctly. This football retarded family is so stupid when it comes to the game they can't even make up a bullshit term correctly. 

They said it stands for "wherever back" as in you can put him wherever in the formation. In that case it should be a W back or at worst a WE back. Or just call him a WEB. No, they have to throw in the extra "back" in there to make it sound racist. 

I see no harm in the name, especially in Texas.  It's not like 40% of the state is Hispanic or anything.  

41 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Wonder if the arrest voids his $3.5 million guaranteed salary. If he's cut, cap savings would only be $2.2 million.  

Cap savings would be 0.  Dead money would be 4.75 million assuming he's designated a post June 1st .  If it's pre, we lose 2.5 million.  Arrest does not void his salary and he was charged with PI instead of DWI as he fled the scene.... on a broken foot!  All of this could end up being a bunch of misdemeanors but it's still a horrible look.  Now a suspension would void the guaranteed portion of his salary (I think) but that would be several months away....

38 minutes ago, DougO said:

Obviously, somebody took a joy ride in Terrance's Lambo, and he went looking for him on his bike.

...yeah, that's the ticket!

Hilariously and scarily, this is probably what's going to positioned by his counsel unless someone can witness and place him in the car or there's camera footage.  It's why he was only booked on PI thus far and the police will do their best to acquire footage or witness putting him in the car.  If they can't then if his lawyer is any good, he could avoid DWI charges....

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Cap savings would be 0.  Dead money would be 4.75 million assuming he's designated a post June 1st .  If it's pre, we lose 2.5 million.  Arrest does not void his salary and he was charged with PI instead of DWI as he fled the scene.... on a broken foot!  All of this could end up being a bunch of misdemeanors but it's still a horrible look.  Now a suspension would void the guaranteed portion of his salary (I think) but that would be several months away....

Yes, there's only savings if the guarantee voids. 

42 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Seeing this is class c misdemeanor, does he get suspended? Or should I assume because he's a Cowboy, he definitely will be suspended?

No, it means Zeke has to sit out 6 weeks.

7 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I like Terrance but i think this needs to be it for him.  

You can be tolerated until you can be replaced

Honestly, so do I. I think he gets way too much hate from our fan base. No he isn’t a true #2, but he’s made a lot of big plays in the biggest games the cowboys have played in over the last 4-5 years. But you’re right. This dumbassery, along with his broken foot (right?) should be the nail in the coffin. Complete the wr overhaul and move on. 

6 hours ago, DougO said:

Terrance has always seemed like a good low-key kind of dude. I don't know if his story checks out, maybe he panicked a bit. But I doubt the Cowboys are going to use this to ditch him.

They had a nobody specials teams garbage linebacker pull a rifle on some rednecks at a 4th festival last year and didnt even cut him. They arent cutting Williams unless he gets accused of beating a woman. 

How's that for Jerry Jones' faux patriotism. Pulling weapons on people at municipal 4th of july celebrations is just fine but take one knee to pray during an anthem...

25 minutes ago, JohnRedHorn said:

How's that for Jerry Jones' faux patriotism. Pulling weapons on people at municipal 4th of july celebrations is just fine but take one knee to pray during an anthem...

how is exercising your 2nd amendment rights not patriotic??

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

i believe TWill.  several easily corroborated facts - no light pole in the picture of the accident, other party's insurance info, neighbor's side of the story, tow truck phone call...

what’s your source?  his statement?

15 hours ago, JohnRedHorn said:

They had a nobody specials teams garbage linebacker pull a rifle on some rednecks at a 4th festival last year and didnt even cut him. They arent cutting Williams unless he gets accused of beating a woman. 

giphy.gif

According to TWill's statement, why would the person who slammed on his brakes in front of him stick around to exchange insurance information? If you have to swerve at that high of speed and popped a curb according to his story, you were following dangerously close at a high rate of speed. I can see maybe seeing the accident in your mirrors and stopping to help render aid and seeing if they are ok. But I am not exchanging insurance information in that scenario.

Also, if he said his neighbor drove him home from the scene, why couldn't the neighbor drive him back to scene? Why couldn't he have the neighbor call the tow truck when he got to the scene?

^^^ who knows.  the way i'm looking at it is this. TWill is smarter than making up a story that involves so many different characters (guy he got into an accident with, the insurance company, his neighbor, the officer), where the totality of the story relies upon each person confirming his part of the story. 

at least i'm hoping he's smarter than that. 

8 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

^^^ who knows.  the way i'm looking at it is this. TWill is smarter than making up a story that involves so many different characters (guy he got into an accident with, the insurance company, his neighbor, the officer), where the totality of the story relies upon each person confirming his part of the story. 

you sure about that?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

There is no insurance company, he never called them.  He only claims to have gotten the insurance information from the other driver (again, not needing it unless he hit or grazed the other car).  Of course the officer is going to be involved.  How do you think he got incarcerated?  So basically, he has his neighbor and an unnamed driver..... and all of this happened between 3-5 am.  Hell of a neighbor to give you a ride back in the middle of the night.  Why not avoid all of this and take a Lyft????