Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

10 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The timeline should kind of tip you off that it's a bunch of nonsense. If the FBI was spying on Trump's campaign for political purposes, then why did they go to great lengths to keep everything they learned a secret until after the election? Only Republicans are dumb enough to believe that the FBI would engage in nefarious behavior to keep a Republican from being elected President and not publicly release any of the extremely politically damaging information they had until after he had been elected. And that's not even getting into the fact that the FBI was breaking protocol to publicly tar Hillary's campaign at the same time. 

I get that but Comey said he specifically did not do that in order to not damage Clinton's credibility as President and the validity of the election.

Just now, sugar said:

They're laying the groundwork to fire Mueller etc.

This is their defense strategy, a mafia hit.

It's positively Stalinesque.

Shame on Republicans. You destroyed America.

You need to get a hold of yourself.  The rhetoric makes your posts lose credibility.

3 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

So in your opinion the Wall Street Journal is not a credible news source?

You're a fraud. You obviously have a bogus argument you want to advance per rw programming. You're indistinguishable from a Russian trump bot.

Trump must be impeached & imprisoned, and the right wing must be finally exposed for the criminal pile of shit it is. And then democratically eradicated.

Nothing else needs to be said or done. America is over if we do anything less.

• Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The timeline should kind of tip you off that it's a bunch of nonsense. If the FBI was spying on Trump's campaign for political purposes, then why did they go to great lengths to keep everything they learned a secret until after the election? 

I’ll circle back to some of the other responses later, but this one is easy. 

1-They thought he had absolutely no chance of winning, which was establishment conventional wisdom. 

2- Their justification for spying on Trump’s campaign was flimsy at best.  

3- The results of their covert spy op weren’t worthy of release or consideration, especially because it would draw attention to #2 above.  That would be undesirable for many reasons but again why bother when you can circle back to #1 above. 

It's interesting how so much of the actually important stuff this admin is responsible for doesn't get noticed at all.  Better to keep this kind of stuff behind the curtain, I guess.

In a 5-4 decision, Justice Neil Gorsuch wrote that the Federal Arbitration Act of 1925 allows employers to require one-on-one arbitration hearings. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg called Gorsuch’s decision “egregiously wrong” in a highly critical dissent that she read from the bench, a relatively rare move that signals strong opposition.

Ginsburg argued that the majority opinion violates workers’ legal right to engage in collective action. She wrote, “The inevitable result of today’s decision will be the underenforcement of federal and state statutes designed to advance the well-being of vulnerable workers.” Her dissent was joined by the court’s three other liberal justices: Stephen Breyer, Elena Kagan, and Sonia Sotomayor.

Gorsuch’s decision caps a long run of Supreme Court decisions that have greatly expanded companies’ ability to require customers and employees to sign contracts that mandate arbitration, instead of allowing them to pursue claims in open court. Unlike court rulings, decisions made by arbitrators are usually kept private, making it difficult for other employees or customers to learn about wrongdoing. And unlike judges, arbitrators are generally paid by the companies that use their services. There is usually no right to appeal an arbitrator’s decision.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/05/supreme-court-deals-a-big-blow-to-workers-rights/

15 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’ll circle back to some of the other responses later, but this one is easy. 

1-They thought he had absolutely no chance of winning, which was establishment conventional wisdom. 

2- Their justification for spying on Trump’s campaign was flimsy at best.  

3- The results of their covert spy op weren’t worthy of release or consideration, especially because it would draw attention to #2 above.  That would be undesirable for many reasons but again why bother when you can circle back to #1 above. 

DNC emails hacked for the benefit of Trump. They colluded with Russia (and Saudi Arabia). Thus, the investigation was warranted. End of story. Your attempt to revise the narrative is Orwellian.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

What does that have to do with the FBI?

Why does he care so much?  Great question. Is he some great patriot?  A notorious liar about all things surveillance. Justifier of drone assassinations.  

Or maybe he wants to cover his own ass with regards to improper activity?  I’d imagine there’s a possibility of coordination between different branches of the intelligence community.  Did he help coordinate, leak confidential info?  My guess is we’ll find out in due time. 

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Investigating treason = shenanigans?  So now the real crime is not the crime, but the cops investigating the crime. 

Y’all Trumpist motherfuckers have everything backwards.  Whatever happened to “If you didn’t do anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about?”  Wasn’t that the law and order set’s operating slogan just a year ago?

No Trumpist here.  I voted for him in the hope that he would pick conservative Justices for the Supreme Court and other courts. It’s one of the few promises he’s kept so I’m ok with that.  I agree there are many things detestable about him. But he was fairly elected your President and nothing of real substance has been found yet to implicate him in anything.  I doubt anything will, but y’all keep fucking that chicken.  This is turning into Democrat’s Benghazi.  

• Fuck You 1

47 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

I get that but Comey said he specifically did not do that in order to not damage Clinton's credibility as President and the validity of the election.

I'm not sure what point you think you're making here, but it certainly doesn't help your argument.

2 hours ago, retread said:

For those like me who have trouble keeping the roster memorized:  Robert E Kelly is an American political analyst on inter-Korean affairs and associate professor in political science at Pusan National University.

Thanks for posting that. It makes a lot of sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

So I'm not following everything as closely as all of you guys here.  We know Trump did shady/illegal shit prior to becoming president, most likely with money laundering, etc.  I'm 99.9% sure he broke the law in some form or fashion prior to the the campaign.  We also know aides have been indicted for stuff prior to the campaign as well.  My question, I guess, centers around this aspect of the dossier/informant/etc. that a lot of posters seem to be ok with since we know he previously did illegal shit. Is this (dossier/spy) the equivalent of planting evidence on a known criminal? Like cops sprinkling crack or planting a weapon?

No.

I am.  Read some the Wall Street Journal coverage this morning and their timeline discussions and people involved smelled a bit like what I described.  

Run, don't walk, to a first rate nose doctor.

22 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

No Trumpist here.  I voted for him in the hope that he would pick conservative Justices for the Supreme Court and other courts. It’s one of the few promises he’s kept so I’m ok with that.  I agree there are many things detestable about him. But he was fairly elected your President and nothing of real substance has been found yet to implicate him in anything.  I doubt anything will, but y’all keep fucking that chicken.  This is turning into Democrat’s Benghazi.  

Nothing of substance... right. Let’s just forget the Russia thing for a minute. Has he violated he emoluments clause? How about obstructed an investigation? Those are pretty substantial 

So I'm not following everything as closely as all of you guys here.  We know Trump did shady/illegal shit prior to becoming president, most likely with money laundering, etc.  I'm 99.9% sure he broke the law in some form or fashion prior to the the campaign.  We also know aides have been indicted for stuff prior to the campaign as well.  My question, I guess, centers around this aspect of the dossier/informant/etc. that a lot of posters seem to be ok with since we know he previously did illegal shit. Is this (dossier/spy) the equivalent of planting evidence on a known criminal? Like cops sprinkling crack or planting a weapon?

Here's a real simple distinction that tells the world you are a moron, troll, or both:

Yes or no -- is "the dossier" evidence, as in "evidence that will be admitted in court and used by the prosecution?"

For you brainless folks out there, the answer is NO.  It is information that may lead to the discovery of admissible evidence.  If an informant tells you that Bad Dude has drugs at his house, that statement generally is not going to be evidence to prove that Bad Dude has drugs.  What it CAN be is a basis for a warrant, which is something you get in order to go find out if there IS any evidence (that is, drugs at his house).  

The dossier is a bunch of hearsay.  It is not evidence.  But in the case of some of the allegations therein, which are sufficiently credible and/or had other corroboration, they are sufficient basis to support an investigation to see if there IS any evidence.

That's how it works in non-stupid people land.  You ought to visit it sometime.  It's nice.  We often have scotch.

• Like 1

Baby’s daddy is not a concern troll. I know him personally.

Be kind.

Understand that many are coming from a perspective of being fed propaganda for over two years on these things.

I suspect he will become “woke” if he will read with an open mind.

Bashing him here will not aid in that regard.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

It's interesting how so much of the actually important stuff this admin is responsible for doesn't get noticed at all.  Better to keep this kind of stuff behind the curtain, I guess.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/05/supreme-court-deals-a-big-blow-to-workers-rights/

The corporate takeover of America continues unabated. Yet another Severe blow to the right to trial by jury. Been going at the Supreme Court since at least 2011 yet nobody notices because you know, gays, guns and abortion and what not. 

2005 bankruptcy bill. Designed to keep half of all filers in perpetual debt to large banks and credit card companies during and after the wholesale default they knew was eventually coming. And did in 2008. A large reason the middle class can’t get anywhere. 

2017 corporate tax cuts made permanent. Measly as shit individual cuts will expire in a few years. 

Supreme Court since at least 2011 consistently rules against consumers, employees and trial by jury and sends thousands of cases to private arbitration with justice decided by people beholden to corporate America for their pay. 

Wake up. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

The dossier is not planted evidence.  Most of it is accurate.

Exactly.  It makes no sense to believe Steele in other documents all these years, but this one for some reason is all "fake news".  Hes a credible source and has proven to be so with a decent record.

At first, even I was skeptical.  The material in the doc were so salacious that it almost seemed too good to be true.  But now that we have gone for nearly 2 years and most of the stuff in there is checking out, I find it hard to believe that any of it is lies.  

The biggest guess is that the reason we havent seen the pee tape yet is because it involved underage girls.  The public will never see it, but I almost guarantee you that Mueller and his team have or atleast confirm that it exists. 

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The corporate takeover of America continues unabated. Yet another Severe blow to the right to trial by jury. Been going at the Supreme Court since at least 2011 yet nobody notices because you know, gays, guns and abortion and what not. 

2005 bankruptcy bill. Designed to keep half of all filers in perpetual debt to large banks and credit card companies during and after the wholesale default they knew was eventually coming. And did in 2008. A large reason the middle class can’t get anywhere. 

2017 corporate tax cuts made permanent. Measly as shit individual cuts will expire in a few years. 

Supreme Court since at least 2011 consistently rules against consumers, employees and trial by jury and sends thousands of cases to private arbitration with justice decided by people beholden to corporate America for their pay. 

Wake up. 

This is what is happening while cretins bluster about transgender bathrooms.

It's the right which is doing all of this fucking shit. All of it.

3 minutes ago, sachick said:

Is this at thing? Do we always create military coins for meetings with other countries? And it's a bit presumptive to create these things ahead of time.

Well we are certainly helping Un with his propaganda efforts

5 minutes ago, sachick said:

Is this at thing? Do we always create military coins for meetings with other countries? And it's a bit presumptive to create these things ahead of time.

Wtf. Remember the freakout when Obama changed the NASA logo. 

That coin can't be real, can it?!!!

11 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Well we are certainly helping Un with his propaganda efforts

Let's memorialize the day that the United States of America recognized North Fucking Korea as an equal among the great powers of the world. Fuck.

• Like 4