Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

31 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You guys sure get mighty sensitive when somebody points out that your Betito is doing typical democrat politician shit with his "omg somebody think of the children" nonsense. 

What is the purpose of the term “typical democrat politician”. Assuming each word has a purpose, I would assume that you assign some uniqueness regarding who uses the “children nonsense”?  LOL.

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The parts about the news were great. The soap opera parts about everyone's relationships sucked, imo. And other than Jane Fonda I'd say the female cast was pretty weak, particularly the lead. Jane killed, though. 

Olivia Munn made nerds look goooood.

Just now, scottsins said:

What is the purpose of the term “typical democrat politician”. Assuming each word has a purpose, I would assume that you assign some uniqueness regarding who uses the “children nonsense”?  LOL.

I don't think it requires a ouija board to decipher.  Beto is being dishonest, implying that 400k Texan children will be impacted by a bill the House passed.  Implying that the GOP views CHIP as wasteful and unnecessary spending. But thank god he's there to stand up to it and register his vote! /twatforthemasses

And yes, #bothsides use rhetorical nonsense pivoting around vulnerables.  Is that suppose to be a revelation?

I actually like what I have seen of Beto. Not all his political positions, but the general approach it appears that he takes to engaging with people.  He appears to be a human, which is a stark contrast to Cruz. Maybe he doesn't have to resort to rolling around in the mud with the pigs.  Or maybe he does.  OK.     

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't think it requires a ouija board to decipher.  Beto is being dishonest, implying that 400k Texan children will be impacted by a bill the House passed.  Implying that the GOP views CHIP as wasteful and unnecessary spending. But thank god he's there to stand up to it and register his vote! /twatforthemasses

And yes, #bothsides use rhetorical nonsense pivoting around vulnerables.  Is that suppose to be a revelation?

I actually like what I have seen of Beto. Not all his political positions, but the general approach it appears that he takes to engaging with people.  He appears to be a human, which is a stark contrast to Cruz. Maybe he doesn't have to resort to rolling around in the mud with the pigs.  Or maybe he does.  OK.     

I am 100% on board (irony) with a Democrat who happens to be a legit human being resorting to political "tactics" to beat a fucking robo-villain like Ted Cruz.  Your criticisms are completely off base, given the fact that there is 0% chance he'll beat Cruz if he takes the super uber honorable no political speak high road to victory loserville.  Give.  Me.  A.  Fucking.  Break.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 2

Anastasis suggests this above, but the pattern indicates that this is the beginning of his eventual “both sides” position that will equate a pretty good public servant like Beto O’Rourke who is running his campaign in a fundamentally different manner from any statewide Democrat in decades to a low integrity, boot-licking no-show paint-by-numbers-vote-Republican-because-Guns-and-Jesus asshole like Ted Cruz.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You guys sure get mighty sensitive when somebody points out that your Betito is doing typical democrat politician shit with his "omg somebody think of the children" nonsense. 

Edited by Horn Dog
T
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Anastasis suggests this above, but the pattern indicates that this is the beginning of his eventual “both sides” position that will equate a pretty good public servant like Beto O’Rourke who is running his campaign in a fundamentally different manner from any statewide Democrat in decades to a low integrity, boot-licking no-show paint-by-numbers-vote-Republican-because-Guns-and-Jesus asshole like Ted Cruz.

I already drew a big distinction between Beto and Cruz in my post, favoring Beto, but don't let that get in the way of you running your mouth.  If he wants to tweet total fucking nonsense to the Texas Democrats so they can lap it up with a smile on their face, good for him. I don't think that telling GOP leaning Texas voters that a rescission package intended to clawback unused funding that has no impact in any way on CHIP is killing Texas children really moves the needle for him in the otherwise red state, but hey, I'm not a Texas Democrat political strategist who likes sniffing his own farts, so what do I know?

Edited by Anastasis

Every single politician has failings and flaws because all humans have failings and flaws.   The genius of our political system is that it is designed (and designed well) to work with that premise in mind.   The best system isn't a perfect system, but one that recognizes that there is no perfect system and that uses checks and balances to maximize the good and minimize the bad.

And we arrived at Trump because of the relentless assault on that system by people who have no understanding of why it has worked for 200+ years or its superiority to any of the alternatives (along with people who know but don't care because of their gross selfishness).   It's not the 20 million or so deplorables who put Trump over the top, whether in the primaries or general.  It's the bothsiders and whataboutists and burnitdowners who created the false equivalencies that let Trump seem like an reasonable option for the rest of his voters. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I am 100% on board (irony) with a Democrat who is legit human being resorting to political "tactics" to beat a fucking robo-villain like Ted Cruz.  Your criticisms are completely off base, given the fact that there is 0% chance he'll beat Cruz if he takes the super uber honorable no political speak high road to victory loserville.  Give.  Me.  A.  Fucking.  Break.

That's the "conservative" tactic of late. Attack a Dem for "talking like a typical politician". Yet when Trump starts his verbal diarrhea they cheer and applaud because "he talks just like me!" 

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Every single politician has failings and flaws because all humans have failings and flaws.   The genius of our political system is that it is designed (and designed well) to work with that premise in mind.   The best system isn't a perfect system, but one that recognizes that there is no perfect system and that uses checks and balances to maximize the good and minimize the bad.

And we arrived at Trump because of the relentless assault on that system by people who have no understanding of why it has worked for 200+ years or its superiority to any of the alternatives.   It's not the 20 million or so deplorables who put Trump over the top, whether in the primaries or general.  It's the bothsiders and whataboutists and burnitdowners who created the false equivalencies that let Trump seem like an reasonable option for the rest of his voters. 

Bullshit.  We got the Trump shit sandwich because our political system has been captured by a  political party establishment that foisted onto the electorate the choice between a shit sandwich and a douche nozzle. Our political parties have failed us.  But just hold the rope guys, they are going to pull us out of this.   

Edited by Anastasis

HornDog bringing the heat and Mojo preaching the word.

And, selfishly and luckily for me, on the day of the summit, I'll be seeing my main squeeze, my brit boy, my hall pass, and the sexiest thing on two legs live in concert in Nashville - so I won't give a fuck.

I'll be being all extra from the fifth row and hope he notices me.  Word is he digs older chicks and has hooked up with both Kristin Wig and some Brit TV host in her 40s.

I'm tanned and ready!

I'll go back to worrying about the demise of our republic on Wednesday.

• Like 2

Just now, RPM said:

That's the "conservative" tactic of late. Attack a Dem for "talking like a typical politician". Yet when Trump starts his verbal diarrhea they cheer and applaud because "he talks just like me!" 

Please feel free to point out any Trump diarrhea twat that I have cheered at any point ever. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

Bullshit.  We got the Trump shit sandwich because our political system has been captured by a  political party establishment that foisted onto the electorate the choice between a shit sandwich and a douche nozzle. Our political parties have failed us.  But just hold the rope guys, they are going to pull us out of this.   

When did this "capture" occur?   That is, when was your ideal time, before political corruption and party nonsense? 

And the 2016 election presented a choice between a bad, but credible, candidate in Hillary, and a complete disaster in Trump.   Our system is designed to easily suffer a Hillary for four years, with an R Congress stymying her every move.  Trump is in an entirely different category, and your continued false equivalency of the two is emblematic of why the complete disaster won. 

(Not to mention that there were at least a dozen better candidates in the R primary.  Hillary was not his only opponent). 

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

When did this "capture" occur?   That is, when was your ideal time, before political corruption and party nonsense? 

And the 2016 election presented a choice between a bad, but credible, candidate in Hillary, and a complete disaster in Trump.   Our system is designed to easily suffer a Hillary for four years, with an R Congress stymying her every move.  Trump is in an entirely different category, and your continued false equivalency of the two is emblematic of why the complete disaster won. 

(Not to mention that there were at least a dozen better candidates in the R primary.  Hillary was not his only opponent). 

I am on record on the other board during the primary season that Kasich was the only adult at the GOP table. 

Your Democrats rigged their system for Hillary. The GOP is a total shit show.  Both parties need to die a quick death.

You want to identify where the political dysfunction really escalated? Mid 1980s.  This is what a political death spiral looks like.

Edited by Anastasis

I am record on the other board during the primary season that Kasich was the only adult at the GOP table. 

Your Democrats rigged their system for Hillary. The GOP is a total shit show.  Both parties need to die a quick death.

If you want to identify where the political dysfunction really escalated? Mid 1980s.

Just to make sure I get this straight — in your view, the political party establishment captured our political system in the mid-80s, and you long for the innocent days of Watergate and its aftermath? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

HornDog bringing the heat and Mojo preaching the word.

And, selfishly and luckily for me, on the day of the summit, I'll be seeing my main squeeze, my brit boy, my hall pass, and the sexiest thing on two legs live in concert in Nashville - so I won't give a fuck.

I'll be being all extra from the fifth row and hope he notices me.  Word is he digs older chicks and has hooked up with both Kristin Wig and some Brit TV host in her 40s.

I'm tanned and ready!

I'll go back to worrying about the demise of our republic on Wednesday.

What in the actual fuck

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

Just to make sure I get this straight — in your view, the political party establishment captured our political system in the mid-80s, and you long for the innocent days of Watergate and its aftermath? 

Do you do reading comprehension bro?  I said if you want to know where our political dysfunction escalated, it was the mid 80s.  

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

N. O. P. E.  (It's like MAGA but true.  See, "both sides" is a fucking copout and it's beneath you.)

Do you do reading comprehension bro?  I said if you want to know where our political dysfunction escalated, it was the mid 80s.  

If you weren't actually answering my question by that response, it doesn't make much sense.  Context is the essence of reading comprehension.  But fine; you were answering a question that I didn't ask and giving an irrelevant answer.

No, I don't want to know when "our political dysfunction escalated."  I want to know when our political system was "captured" by the political establishment that you despise, which is what I asked.  When exactly did that happen?  You can answer by identifying the last time period in which our political system was ideal. 

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

If you weren't actually answering my question by that response, it doesn't make much sense.  Context is the essence of reading comprehension.  But fine; you were answering a question that I didn't ask and giving an irrelevant answer.

No, I don't want to know when "our political dysfunction escalated."  I want to know when our political system was "captured" by the political establishment that you despise, which is what I asked.  When exactly did that happen?  You can answer by identifying the last time period in which our political system was ideal. 

Our political system has, with few exceptions, always been based on a two party system. That system is no longer working. Maybe it's just the parties, maybe it is something more fundamental to a system that is based on bi-poles. Something has to change.  I don't need to point to a time when it was ideal to arrive at the conclusion that the now is totally fucked, and has been for all of my adult life. 

• Fuck You 1

Our political system has, with few exceptions, always been based on a two party system. That system is no longer working. Maybe it's just the parties, maybe it is something more fundamental to a system that is based on bi-poles. Something has to change.  I don't need to point to a time when it was ideal to arrive at the conclusion that the now is totally fucked, and has been for all of my adult life. 

There's a big difference between the argument that the parties are too unwilling to compromise and the "both sides" position you take on nearly every issue (for example, corruption and lying).  In fact, there's a pretty big contradiction between your argument that they are too polarized on policy and your typical uniparty stance. 

Later Saturday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he would with "absolute certainty" impose retaliatory measures on July 1 to answer Trump's tariffs on steel and aluminum. He said the argument that Trump's tariffs on steel and aluminum are a matter of national security are "kind of insulting." Trudeau said Canadians are nice but added, "We will not be pushed around."

"I will always protect Canadian workers and Canadian interests," Trudeau said.

Trudeau's comments

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/09/politics/trump-g7-tariffs-trade/index.html

Leaving the G7 summit on Saturday, President Trump said that the U.S. might end all trade with America’s closest allies if those countries don’t submit to his demands over reduced trade barriers. Trump also confirmed that he had told the leaders of Britain, France, Germany, Japan, Canada, and Italy that there should be no tariffs between them and the U.S. of any kind. Whether Trump’s characteristically hyperbolic threat, or overarching proposal, will be taken seriously is another matter.

Referring to what he called “ridiculous and unfair” tariffs on U.S. imports, Trump said, “It’s going to stop — or we’ll stop trading with them. And that’s a very profitable answer, if we have to do it.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/06/trump-threatens-to-end-all-trade-with-allies.html

6 hours ago, scottsins said:

“A sufficient number”. OK.  So you are NOT claiming that most Trump voters did so for your stated reading then?  That’s the assertion that you originally made which I was responding to.

By a sufficient number I was just saying enough to put him over the edge and win the election.  Enough were fed up that they went with the wild card.  Almost no Trump voters deny that he’s a wildcard.   That’s a feature, not a bug. 

31 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

In fact, there's a pretty big contradiction between your argument that they are too polarized on policy and your typical uniparty stance. 

No there's not.  The Ds and Rs share the same neoliberal war party platform. They share essentially identical economic and foreign policy. They curtsy and bow to the same corporate interests, with few exceptions. They are both statist parties that view the government as a tool to implement their own interests and chosen vision of morality. We should all chuckle anytime someone lets the terms small government Republican or progressive Democrat drop out of their mouth. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

No there's not.  The Ds and Rs share the same neoliberal war party platform. They share essentially identical economic and foreign policy. They curtsy and bow to the same corporate interests, with few exceptions. They are both statist parties that view the government as a tool to implement their own interests and chosen vision of morality. We should all chuckle anytime someone lets the terms small government Republican or progressive Democrat drop out of their mouth. 

All you are doing here is restating the uniparty argument, not how it doesn't contradict your present argument that modern political dysfunction is a result of the parties polarizing and failing to agree. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I know we get fatigued with the constant bombardment of Trump bullshit but this is the one week he has solely done the most damage to the United States, completely unprovoked. If there was ever a time to be cunty, it’s this week. 

Nevertheless, go horns. 

Great Horns win. 

Are you must upset about G7 relations after trade talks?

I’ve asked but no one can seem to answer. How is the proper equilibrium on tariffs for any good determined?  Who determines when things should be adjusted?  Are there sacred unspoken pacts that Trump is violating by advocating for change?  Is it just that he’s a dick about it?  Because from my experience in business, most of the time the stubborn dickheads are the ones who get the best deals.  

Seriously, I wanna be enlightened. There’s so many experts on this on this board.  Help me.  My personal inclination is more toward free markets and trade.  

I get this one generality.  Cheap goods from overseas, less jobs at home.  It’s a tradeoff.  But why is this such pearl clutching topic for people?  I’ll leave with this...

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You’re 100% correct.  And I’ll share this point, but not who it’s from because that will upset people.  Doesn’t make it untrue, but you can throw the mainstream media in with establishment.   They’re all bought and paid for.  

“The only time the liberal media called Trump presidential is when he ordered a bomb strike on Syria.”

And that’s the truth.  Probably a lot of the parrots on here said the same thing. 

So glad to see the fucking Dilbert guy weigh in on international trade.  Maybe tomorrow he can pontificate on space exploration development. 

The thing about getting better trade deals is you don’t get them by screaming and starting a trade war on Twitter.  You get them by compromising behind the scenes away from the camera.  

Of course, this has very little to do with getting better deals and everything about Trump drawing everyone’s attention to himself.