Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

41 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It probably just served to boost Trump's ratings with his base. 

The_Donald is already going after De Niro for this

TIL: The Night Roman Polanski raped 13 year old Samantha Gailey, he went and visited his best friend Robert De Niro.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/8q99kb/til_the_night_roman_polanski_raped_13_year_old/

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Meh.. I'm unimpressed.  Saying "fuck trump" to a room of the like-minded.  Real brave, difference-making stuff there.

We don't need snarky bullshit.  We need an actual fucking resistance.

main-qimg-f49600f2f1e92696cf9db38a9df206

This is exactly what Bill Maher talked about in his closing segment on his show. He takes about how liberals constantly pat themselves on the back with epic burns at awards shows and that they leave bad yelp reviews for conservatives, etc rather than fight back at the voting booths or constantly highlighting everything wrong that is happening. The GOP are masters at this and that’s why they keep winning where it matters. Liberals are content with winning cultural wars, not at the polls. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

This is exactly what Bill Maher talked about in his closing segment on his show. He takes about how liberals constantly pat themselves on the back with epic burns at awards shows and that they leave bad yelp reviews for conservatives, etc rather than fight back at the voting booths or constantly highlighting everything wrong that is happening. The GOP are masters at this and that’s why they keep winning where it matters. Liberals are content with winning cultural wars, not at the polls. 

This.  Put your fucking money and effort where your mouth is.

I'm contributing to candidates (something I've RARELY done in the past).  I'm working on volunteering to help register voters.  I'm willing to drive people to the polls for both early voting and election day.  Talk is cheap.  Fighting is what wins.  The opposition won't listen to reason, they will not be persuaded.  Fine.  Then they must be defeated.

7 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I don't disagree that the snark is meaningless, but I'm not sure I follow the rest of the analysis.   Ds have been showing up at the polls at every opportunity.   The left criticizes Trump at every turn.  There just isn't another major election until November.   Meanwhile Rs are obsessed with winning culture wars.   They're making a huge show rallying around the national anthem right now, for example. 

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

I don't disagree that the snark is meaningless, but I'm not sure I follow the rest of the analysis.   Ds have been showing up at the polls at every opportunity.   The left criticizes Trump at every turn.  There just isn't another major election until November.   Meanwhile Rs are obsessed with winning culture wars.   They're making a huge show rallying around the national anthem right now, for example. 

And it rallies their base.  They are ready to fight and die for their God-king.  52% of them support suspending the next presidential election if Trump called for it.  The enemy cannot be reasoned with.  It cannot be persuaded.  It can only be defeated.  Which will require more zeal and effort than the enemy can deploy.  They've set the bar pretty fucking high, so the opposition better get with the goddamned program.

Lie.  Manipulate.  Threaten.  Instill fear.  Prey on that fear.  Those are the tools of victory.  Use them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

just a general comment here

the people getting ugly back - Bee and now homeboy here - just looks stupid. I don't think acting like child and being profane is the right way forward.

your point is a good one. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Liberals win at the polls, too, though. It's all cyclical and always has been. The best thing about Donald Trump will be the backlash and the return to power of liberal Democrats. 

24 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

This.  Elections matter.  Twitter doesn't.

9 minutes ago, staboner said:

just a general comment here

the people getting ugly back - Bee and now homeboy here - just looks stupid. I don't think acting like child and being profane is the right way forward.

your point is a good one. 

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m also not impressed by DeNiro saying fuck Trump on an awards show - and even less impressed that he followed that up with posing like Steve Holt in order to invite and bask in applause.

If you want to speak out in public to combat a political movement that seriously troubles you, something tells me the best way to do that isn’t by muttering something crass to a sympathetic audience and waiting to be congratulated by them for your bravery and correct thoughts.

These.  The self-satisfied talk reminds me of one of my favorite old jokes -- the young bull and old bull on top of the hill, looking down and see a pasture full of cows.  Young bull says "let's run down there and fuck one of those cows!"  Old bull says "let's WALK down there, and fuck ALL of 'em."  Enough with the talk and eager beaver bullshit.  Be methodical, be deliberate, be merciless.  Walk there, and fuck ALL of the Trumpkins and their sycophants.

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

This.  Elections matter.  Twitter doesn't.

There's a good argument that Trump doesn't win the election without Twitter. 

These things aren't mutually exclusive.  Dumb shit like what DeNiro did doesn't help.   But communication on social media can have an impact. So do public marches, yard signs, etc.   Opponents of Trump should vote, but also speak out, which encourages others to vote.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Some—particularly Russia—have pursued and will pursue even more aggressive cyber-attacks and disinformation campaigns with the intent of degrading our democratic values and weakening our alliances. 

This is the country that Trump has said should be made into a G-8 member again.

Given all the ties the Trump team had with Russia ----- all the overtures, all the proposed business deals, the undisclosed payments etc.... ----- it sure does seem strange that Trump would go into overtime to piss our allies off while proposing that the country that has pursued ever more aggressive cyber attacks and disinformation campaigns be made a member of the G-8.

Strange, indeed.  

40 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m also not impressed by DeNiro saying fuck Trump on an awards show - and even less impressed that he followed that up with posing like Steve Holt in order to invite and bask in applause.

If you want to speak out in public to combat a political movement that seriously troubles you, something tells me the best way to do that isn’t by muttering something crass to a sympathetic audience and waiting to be congratulated by them for your bravery and correct thoughts.

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

These.  The self-satisfied talk reminds me of one of my favorite old jokes -- the young bull and old bull on top of the hill, looking down and see a pasture full of cows.  Young bull says "let's run down there and fuck one of those cows!"  Old bull says "let's WALK down there, and fuck ALL of 'em."  Enough with the talk and eager beaver bullshit.  Be methodical, be deliberate, be merciless.  Walk there, and fuck ALL of the Trumpkins and their sycophants.

What else can possibly be said about Donald Trump? His issues/deficiencies are discussed 24/7 on the news and social media. You think DeNiro getting into a longer speech seriously discussing his problems with Trump would have been fruitful? He was on a fucking awards show.  I thought his brevity was hilarious and even a little cathartic. 

We're way past the point of trying to CONVINCE people Trump is a piece of shit POTUS.  You either believe it or you don't, and the only event that will change people's minds will probably have to be catastrophic. 

• Like 3

What else can possibly be said about Donald Trump? His issues/deficiencies are discussed 24/7 on the news and social media. You think DeNiro getting into a longer speech seriously discussing his problems with Trump would have been fruitful? He was on a fucking awards show.  I thought his brevity was hilarious and even a little cathartic. 
We're way past the point of trying to CONVINCE people Trump is a piece of shit POTUS.  You either believe it or you don't, and the only event that will change people's minds will probably have to be catastrophic. 

Pretty much where I am.

I’m tired of taking the high road while Trump and his ilk cruise down the low road lobbing shitbombs and fucking our collective asses.

For me “Fuck Trump” is like a secret password word to identify sane, decent like minded souls.

Like “Roll Tide” to find other Bama fans or “Nanu Nanu” to identify a fellow traveler from Ork.

It’s a great go to greeting to discover if I even want to bother with you. I give you a “Fuck Trump” and you return my greeting with a “Fuck Trump”, we’re good. Otherwise, eh, I probably won’t care to know you.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m tired of taking the high road while Trump and his ilk cruise down the low road lobbing shitbombs and fucking our collective asses.

Exactly.

Lies, propaganda, deception, fear.  THOSE are the weapons to use.  They are proven.  They work.  They win.  The enemy will never listen to reason.  They will never give up collaboration with our enemies.  They will continue to sell lies and fear, because those are the proven, effective weapons.  You don't talk to those folks.

You defeat them.  You use all the weapons they use.  And you use them more, and better.  We know the rules now.  Time to play by them.  I'm sick and tierd of the high road, and facts, and logic, and reason.  Logic and reason are for losers.  Lies and deception are for winners.  Let's fucking roll.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

I just feel like Dems are too self-critical about superficial shit.   Republicans said much worse than "Fuck Trump" about Obama and Hillary for many years, and still do.  Didn't hurt them in taking over all of government.   Ooh Dems cheer hot takes from celebs on Twitter?   The Rs literally just made a president out of a celeb whose only political experience, if you can even call it that, was years of hot takes on Twitter. 

Sure, DeNiro blowing off steam at the Tony's isn't MLK's I Have a Dream speech.   It's meaningless and doesn't help anything.   But it just doesn't fucking matter.  It's not a sign that Dems are focused on bullshit.  There wasn't an election last night that Dems ignored so they could yell at Trump instead. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I just feel like Dems are too self-critical about superficial shit.

Democrats are like UT fans.  The self-loathing is palpable.  The desire to ALWAYS take the higher road is off the charts.

The high road works, except when it doesn't.  If you enter an MMA fight expecting a debate then you get what you deserve.  Fuck decorum.

• Like 1

Patience.

Citizens United has had consequences.

Media deregulation has had consequences.

Disinvestment in education has had consequencses.

Republican debasing of American values have had consequencses.

Elections have had consequences.

The great American ship has turned a dark course. It will take time to fix ills and correct the course. However, we still have the drunken captain with his cronies locked in the control room and they will be there for a bit unfortunately. Gotta take steps.

Step one is to make the 2018 Republican ticket pay a price for what has occurred. Patience.

• Like 3

....it's feeling a bit like there simply aren't checks and balances that function in the system anymore. 
The SCOTUS Ohio voter ruling just tears it.

When your side has got the electoral college, gerrymandering, voter suppression, and increasingly stacked judiciary all against it, is there really hope to turn the tide against a party hell-bent on taking us all down with them?   It's downright depressing. 

Edited by ChuckNorrisActionJeans
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Patience.

The great American ship has turned a dark course. It will take time to fix ills and correct the course. However, we still have the drunken captain with his cronies locked in the control room and they will be there for a bit unfortunately. Gotta take steps.

Step one is to make the 2018 Republican ticket pay a price for what has occurred. Patience.

Agreed.

Like I said....let's walk down there and fuck ALL of 'em.

ALL of 'em.

Of course, the only way to do that is to employ the same, proven tools.  It's a race to the bottom.  Pedal to the metal, fellas.

11 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

....it's feeling a bit like there simply aren't checks and balances that function in the system anymore. 
The SCOTUS Ohio voter ruling just tears it.

When your side has got the electoral college, gerrymandering, voter suppression, and increasingly stacked judiciary all against it, is there really hope to turn the tide against a party hell-bent on taking us all down with them?   It's downright depressing. 

That's why I say "FIGHT DIRTIER."  The Rule of Law is dead, when it comes to our system of elections, politics, and government.  Propaganda, lies, manipulation, deception, fear, threats -- THOSE are the currency being traded.  Time to stock up.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's why I say "FIGHT DIRTIER."  The Rule of Law is dead, when it comes to our system of elections, politics, and government.  Propaganda, lies, manipulation, deception, fear, threats -- THOSE are the currency being traded.  Time to stock up.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Of course, the only way to do that is to employ the same, proven tools.  It's a race to the bottom.  Pedal to the metal, fellas.

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Bet on power and cruelty. They win. Enabled by the Anastasis crowd. Who are cowards.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Patience.

Thanks, Axl. Kidding, good post. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

giphy.gif

Yep.  You want to play "both sides" all day long without actually ever nutting up and taking a stand?  Then both sides are going to play.  You COULD take a stand against such bullshit.  But you have clearly provided your endorsement of these tactics.  So now, you get them.  Doubled.  Good and hard.  No fucking lube.  I hope it hurts.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

The sad irony is that most Democrats wouldn't know how to fight "dirtier" even if they wanted to.

Then let's fucking teach them.

When WWII started, we had a dinky-ass military flying middling aircraft, with a mediocre fleet.  Once we decided to kick fascist ass, it took us a little while to fire up the arsenal of democracy.  But we got there.  And by the end, we were firebombing and nuking whole cities.  When fucking cornered, we Americans can fight dirty as hell. It's time.

Just now, Anastasis said:

Enraged amygdala clouds one's own self perception of projection. 

Nope.  Aware.  I've read the chess board, I see how the game must be played.  Focused.  Walk down there.  Fuck ALL of em.

You know damned well what tactics win.  The battlefield is defined.  The rules are set.  Only suckers play with one hand tied behind their back.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Then let's fucking teach them.

When WWII started, we had a dinky-ass military flying middling aircraft, with a mediocre fleet.  Once we decided to kick fascist ass, it took us a little while to fire up the arsenal of democracy.  But we got there.  And by the end, we were firebombing and nuking whole cities.  When fucking cornered, we Americans can fight dirty as hell. It's time.

Or we can all just vote Democrat in November and in 2020 and these fascist swamp creatures will slither back to their local Applebees bar and shut the fuck up, like the good ol' days. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Or we can all just vote Democrat in November and in 2020 and these fascist swamp creatures will slither back to their local Applebees bar and shut the fuck up, like the good ol' days. 

Like they'll let that happen.  Good luck finding folks who are likely to vote Dem on the voter rolls come November.  They'll be purged.  And they already have to overcome a gerrymander advantage that requires a significant Dem margin just to get to 50/50.  The game is rigged.  The game is over.  

When that's the case, you have no choice but to fight dirty.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope.  Aware.  I've read the chess board, I see how the game must be played.  Focused.  Walk down there.  Fuck ALL of em.

You know damned well what tactics win.  The battlefield is defined.  The rules are set.  Only suckers play with one hand tied behind their back.

Actually, taking a page from WW2, I'd focus our propaganda on theirs, rather than attempt to match.  Capra took Nazi propo movies, recut them to demonstrate how fucking crazy and frightening it is, and then broadcast it to show the public what we are up against.  John Olivier's piece on the NRA TV did much the same.  If you merely match the propo, you just make it a question of both sides to the same bullshit.  I have no problem being aggressively rude.  Civility in the face of inhumanity is empty. But it needs to be based in fact and some level of sincerity.

(And, yes, I realize Capra did some vile shit with the Japanese propo that wasn't released during the war.)  

6 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Actually, taking a page from WW2, I'd focus our propaganda on theirs, rather than attempt to match.  Capra took Nazi propo movies, recut them to demonstrate how fucking crazy and frightening it is, and then broadcast it to show the public what we are up against.  John Olivier's piece on the NRA TV did much the same.  If you merely match the propo, you just make it a question of both sides to the same bullshit.  I have no problem being aggressively rude.  Civility in the face of inhumanity is empty. But it needs to be based in fact and some level of sincerity.

(And, yes, I realize Capra did some vile shit with the Japanese propo that wasn't released during the war.)  

None of what you are talking about had ANY effect on the enemy.  It had an effect on Americans, who used to be sane and used to listen to reason.  Not anymore.  We buy lies, we drink up propaganda.  Time to traffic in the currency that has value in the marketplace.

Idiocy, lies have a home among trump supporters and donut men.    It doesn't work on people who care about integrity.   Al Franken was forced out by his side for poor judgement, while the other team promoted a child predator.    One side inherently gives a shit about the rules.

10 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Idiocy, lies have a home among trump supporters and donut men.    It doesn't work on people who care about integrity.   Al Franken was forced out by his side for poor judgement, while the other team promoted a child predator.    One side inherently gives a shit about the rules.

I agree. Lies, dishonesty, hypocrisy, adoption of un-American values aren’t going to be tolerated by the Democratic Party. 

Trumpism has bought into tribalism, us-vs-them, identity politics that put winning above country.

Democrats need to be the alternative to trumpism. 

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

None of what you are talking about had ANY effect on the enemy.  It had an effect on Americans, who used to be sane and used to listen to reason.  Not anymore.  We buy lies, we drink up propaganda.  Time to traffic in the currency that has value in the marketplace.

The Civil War says “Hi!”

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

watching you become unhinged was humorous at first, then became somewhat annoying, but i've finally realized that it's scary. you've become convinced more lies and a more ignorant electorate is the solution to the lies and ignorance that has infected our democracy. 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The difference between Hillary and Trump is their motivations.  Hillary actually wanted to accomplish shit for the benefit of the United States.  

Trump just wants to promote himself and not get punished by daddy Putin. 

No. No she didn't. Hillary Clinton was and is complete garbage.

She has DISAPPEARED from any meaningful movement to help America. She could've come out a progressive firebrand and set the base on fire but she's dying in the woods. Meanwhile, Bernie is still out there bringing in thousands of people to rally around living wages, Medicare for all, and free college.

Hillary was never going to be anything other than a center-right, Mitt Romney president. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

She was being pragmatic

Where is she? What has she done over the last year+ in the face of the worst president in the history of this nation? What causes has she championed? What enthusiasm has she worked to rally?

Where the fuck is abuelita?

She lost and couldn't even show up to talk to her supporters. She's pathetic. She's useless. Her disappearance is a blessing.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1