Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Outside of his trade shenanigans they by and large do support his admin’s policies. 

Yeah, I guess Bezos is all about the Trump, right? Gates? Musk? Huge supporters obviously, since they represent the 1% of the 1%. 

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, I guess Bezos is all about the Trump, right? Gates? Musk? Huge supporters obviously, since they represent the 1% of the 1%. 

I guarantee each of them supported his tax cut. 

Well shit, looks like Gates didn’t. So you got me there. 

Edited by Fozzz

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Trump was the result of a unique storm, but if establishment politicians had been doing an adequate job he wouldn't have been near the threat he became.  Then when it came down to it, a sufficient amount of Americans chose the total wildcard over the standard for the establishment (HRC).  I interpret that as people being fed up with the usual.  Otherwise why choose such uncertainty?

“A sufficient number”. OK.  So you are NOT claiming that most Trump voters did so for your stated reading then?  That’s the assertion that you originally made which I was responding to.

Trump is so racist he outperformed Romney with blacks and Hispanics. And Fwiw better chance than not, that that improves in 2020.  
So, Drumpf (vs HRC) outperformed Romney with blacks and hispanics? Wild. I wonder who all those blacks and hispanics voted for if not Romney?
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I guarantee each of them supported his tax cut. 

Well shit, looks like Gates didn’t. So you got me there. 

Billionaire Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates is worth an estimated $91.8 billion, and he pays billions in taxes to the federal government. But he says he should be paying even more.

"I need to pay higher taxes," he told CNN's Fareed Zakaria during a recent interview. "I've paid more taxes, over $10 billion, than anyone else, but the government should require people in my position to pay significantly higher taxes."

Gates' comments came on the heels of a criticism of 2017's GOP tax reform.

"It was not a progressive tax bill, it was a regressive tax bill," he told Zakaria. "People who are wealthier tend to get dramatically more benefits than the middle class or those who are poorer. It runs counter to the general trend you'd like to see, where the safety net is getting stronger and those at the top are paying higher taxes."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/21/bill-gates-has-paid-10-billion-in-taxes-and-says-he-should-pay-more.html

Warren Buffett, one of the richest men in the country, wants to pay more taxes and thinks his super-rich friends should too.

Buffett, who is estimated to be worth more than $47 billion, called on Congress to commit to "shared sacrifice" and raise taxes on people earning more than $1 million. Buffett said the rich are "coddled" by Congress "as if we were spotted owls or some other endangered species."

"While the poor and middle class fight for us in Afghanistan, and while most Americans struggle to make ends meet, we mega-rich continue to get our extraordinary tax breaks," Buffett wrote in a Sunday New York Times Op-ed.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/warren-buffett-raise-taxes-wealthy-friends/story?id=14307993

And here is a more recent article by Buffett:

This game of economic miracles is in its early innings. Americans will benefit from far more and better “stuff” in the future. The challenge will be to have this bounty deliver a better life to the disrupted as well as to the disrupters. And on this matter, many Americans are justifiably worried.

Let’s think again about 1930. Imagine someone then predicting that real per capita GDP would increase sixfold during my lifetime. My parents would have immediately dismissed such a gain as impossible. If somehow, though, they could have imagined it actually transpiring, they would concurrently have predicted something close to universal prosperity.

Instead, another invention of the ensuing decades, the Forbes 400, paints a far different picture. Between the first computation in 1982 and today, the wealth of the 400 increased 29-fold–from $93 billion to $2.7 trillion–while many millions of hardworking citizens remained stuck on an economic treadmill. During this period, the tsunami of wealth didn’t trickle down. It surged upward.

In 1776, America set off to unleash human potential by combining market economics, the rule of law and equality of opportunity. This foundation was an act of genius that in only 241 years converted our original villages and prairies into $96 trillion of wealth.

The market system, however, has also left many people hopelessly behind, particularly as it has become ever more specialized. These devastating side effects can be ameliorated: a rich family takes care of all its children, not just those with talents valued by the marketplace.

In the years of growth that certainly lie ahead, I have no doubt that America can both deliver riches to many and a decent life to all. We must not settle for less.

Edited by Dahobbs
Ugh, quote system is so fucking broken

Trying to act as if the majority of Trump's base isn't at least somewhat racist is being pretty willfully ignorant. Of course non-white people voted for him, but he ran on a pretty racist bigoted platform that people ate up "because he tells it like it really is! NO PC BULLCRAP FROM LIBS!"

14 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

You sound Canadian. To put it into context, Trump just had a weekend that wouldn’t be believable as an SCTV sketch.

And we have the “summit”with Kim and Dennis Rodman on deck, so the fun is just about to start.

I'm sure it has happened behind closed doors, but in a open, social setting, it's hard to remember an American president being a worse representative of the human race than DOTUS was this weekend. All you have to do is show up on time, shake some hands, listen to the other 6, and agree to work towards a solution.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

The wealthy have no power without the votes of the boomer majority.  They can have the blame.

Boomers were the "No skills?  No degree?  No problem!" generation.  There was a middle class job turning a screw in a factory for damn near every one of them and they had no issue squandering the wealth of this nation, were the leaders of pointless interventionist wars, started the endless war on drugs, and so much other bullshit.  They waltzed through life with the greatest worker rights and protections this country had ever seen, and they've been doing their best to dismantle those rights and protections for future generations for the past four decades.

I have zero sympathy.

The boomers inherited a relative paradise from their parents' generation. Their parents' generation invested enormously in infrastructure and education, providing a foundation for a country in which boomers had easy access to a quality education, well-paying jobs, and abundant affordable housing, with no need to incur significant personal debt. The boomers inherited that and decided it wasn't enough. They wanted to take full advantage of that and more, without passing the same benefits to their children. They cut taxes, did their best to destroy public education, and left our infrastructure to rot. They borrowed enormously from the future to fund their own largess, while leaving their children a country infested and controlled by rent seekers who inflate the costs of health care, housing, education, and other necessities. Then they look at the succeeding generations, who by any measure work harder, longer, and more productively than the boomers did, and sneer about how lazy we are.

Fuck them. If there is a hell, at least 70% of the boomers will surely rot in it.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Like 9

WH Trade Director Peter Navarro said on Fox News Sunday: "THERE IS A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL for any foreign leader that engages in bad faith diplomacy with President Donald J. Trump and then tries to stab him in the back on the way out the door. That's what 'Bad Faith' Justin Trudeau did with that stunt press conference."

1) "Bad Faith" Trudeau? Someone is slippin' on the nicknames.

2) Only the best people.

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

George W Bush already ruined that.  We were attached by Saudi's and Afghans but we invaded Iraq and Bush told the world "Trust us."  That turned out well....

Throw out Iraq.  Afghanistan was justified.  Britain and Canada were on the ground in Afghanistan on day 1.  Later, all of NATO.  If 9/11 happened tomorrow, there would be expressions of sympathy for the American people, but how many of our allies that we have declared economic war upon would respond similarly to our call to assist in an invasion of Afghanistan?

My bet is their response would be something along the lines of, “You’ve declared us an economic adversary and started an unprovoked trade war with us.  But now you ask for our help?  Go fuck yourself, America.”

Trump has got to be Putin’s wet dream.  As President, Trump has divided and weakened America.  He’s now dividing and weakening NATO.  At this point, whether Trump colluded with Russia or Putin has some sort of leverage over him is irrelevant.  In the history of the antagonistic relationship between the US and Russia, no individual has more greatly harmed US interests while simultaneously promoting Russia’s than Donald J Trump.

Quite a legacy you’re leaving there, Dotard.

EDIT:  He would at least be up there with the Rosenbergs.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 2

Well, I didn't "bitch" about anything brisket.  I said that the tweet was misleading and inaccurate, and pointed out that Beto was making political hay from a Republican miscalculation.  But you do you b. 

There is no such thing as inaccurate anymore. Alternative facts, man. It’s all true now.

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Baby Boomers: blaming the next Generation since 1985.

I am Gen X. We were slackers, even though we entered the worst job market in years and it has set our career earnings back for a generation.

Milennials are more or less forced to go to college and rack up debt that was unimaginable for Boomers. Housing prices are through the roof. Those smug fucks killed the American dream, and still beat off to Crosby Stills and Nash jams, because, like, they were so enlightened, and they all did such great drugs, and we all fucked each other, and it was sooooo cooolllll....And then we got our corporate jobs and calmed the fuck down and destroyed the middle class and look at those lazy kids over there. 

Fuck 'em all. I am glad I was mostly raised by my grandparents and my non-Boomer dad. My mom was the boomer in the family and she ME-ME-ME'd herself into alcoholism and heroin addiction and an early grave, but at least she didn't talk down to us as lazy slugs. 

I wasn’t a slacker, man.   I wasn’t a part of any goaddamned identified generation either.   I was born in 1966, grew up, had two kids,  lived through two terrible crashes,  take my dad out to dinner every week though he’s 85, work a full week, and my kids will have at least a million and two properties to split, including 25 acres in the best of the hill country. I hope they keep it.   Anyway there were some of us stuck in between who resent the fuck out of the labeling.  

This is horrifying.  

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2018/06/09/borderseparations/Z95z4eFZjyfqCLG9pyHjAO/story.html?event=event25

Aleman-Bendiks, the public defender, said several of her clients have told her their children were taken from them by Border Patrol agents who said they were going to give them a bath. As the hours passed, it dawned on the mothers the kids were not coming back.

Taking a page out of the Nazis' playbook. 

Edited by Fozzz

The boomers inherited a relative paradise from their parents' generation. Their parents' generation invested enormously in infrastructure and education, providing a foundation for a country in which boomers had easy access to a quality education, well-paying jobs, and abundant affordable housing, with no need to incur significant personal debt. The boomers inherited that and decided it wasn't enough. They wanted to take full advantage of that and more, without passing the same benefits to their children. They cut taxes, did their best to destroy public education, and left our infrastructure rot. They borrowed enormously from the future to fund their own largess, while leaving their children a country infested and controlled by rent seekers who inflate the costs of health care, housing, education, and other necessities. Then they look at the succeeding generations, who by any measure work harder, longer, and more productively than the boomers did, and sneer about how lazy we are.
Fuck them. If there is a hell, at least 70% of the boomers will surely rot in it.

Throw out Iraq.  Afghanistan was justified.  Britain and Canada were on the ground in Afghanistan on day 1.  Later, all of NATO.  If 9/11 happened tomorrow, there would be expressions of sympathy for the American people, but how many of our allies that we have declared economic war upon would respond similarly to our call to assist in an invasion of Afghanistan?
My bet is their response would be something along the lines of, “You’ve declared us an economic adversary and started an unprovoked trade war with us.  But now you ask for our help?  Go fuck yourself, America.”
Trump has got to be Putin’s wet dream.  As President, Trump has divided and weakened America.  He’s now dividing and weakening NATO.  At this point, whether Trump colluded with Russia or Putin has some sort of leverage over him is irrelevant.  In the history of the antagonistic relationship between the US and Russia, no individual has more greatly harmed US interests while simultaneously promoting Russia’s than Donald J Trump.
Quite a legacy you’re leaving there, Dotard.
EDIT:  He would at least be up there with the Rosenbergs.

Both of these are pure truth. Rep.

15 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I'm almost at my limit with this constant barrage of Trumpian horseshit.

It's non-stop.  It makes it almost impossible to keep focused.  I have anger and outrage fatigue.

I have to keep reminding myself - THAT'S WHAT HE WANTS.  FUCK HIM.

Even if it's exhausting mentally and anxiety inducing - STAY WOKE BITCHES.  STAY ANGRY.  STAY INFORMED AND GET INVOLVED.

VOTE THESE TRAITORIOUS FUCKWANKS OUT ON THEIR AMPLE ASSES.

God damn it.  Only Brisket is allowed to bring more fire than me.  

This thread is extra retarded and cunty this weekend. Some of you motherfuckers need to take a break from following the news.

Game 2 of the Austin Super Regional is about to start, do yourself a favor and tune in so you can tune out.

• Like 3

Just now, Anastasis said:

God for you pods.  I am impressed when you can formulate a thought that doesn't involve twatter. 

That's the spirit, attacking the messenger! 

You are a rolling ball of logical fallacies today. How many have you ticked off the list so far? Do you give yourself extra credit for consecutive logical fallacies? I want to know for scoring at home, so if you try a third different one here, I can award you the proper credit you so richly deserve. 

56 minutes ago, F250 said:

This thread is extra retarded and cunty this weekend. Some of you motherfuckers need to take a break from following the news.

Game 2 of the Austin Super Regional is about to start, do yourself a favor and tune in so you can tune out.

But, but we're Renaissance Men!  

(and yep, watching the Horns)

I have no problem acknowledging that Beto is a typical Dem politician.   Typical politician just doesn't have the stigma that it had before the atypical politicians of the TP and Trump movements.   More typical politicians, both D and R, please. 

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

I have no problem acknowledging that Beto is a typical Dem politician.   Typical politician just doesn't have the stigma that it had before the atypical politicians of the TP and Trump movements.   More typical politicians, both D and R, please. 

Typical politician nonsense is what led us to arrive at the Trump reality show Presidency.  But yeah, let's do more of that. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Typical politician nonsense is what led us to arrive at the Trump reality show Presidency.  But yeah, let's do more of that. 

Well, now we know what the alternative is, yes, let's do that first thing exclusively from now on...

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Just the opposite.  It's your brand of false equivalency nonsense that paved the way for Trump. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I met John Cornyn once, if I ever meet one of my representatives or Senators again, I’m not being deferential. I’m going all out and giving them a piece of my mind.  Take your $500,000 and go the fuck home.  You do NOT represent me.  

I sat next to him at Castle Hill Cafe once.  He was a total jerk to the waitress.  I didn't really know anything about his politics at the time but it definitely resonated.