Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

The meeting is not diplomacy.  Diplomacy on an issue like this is conducted four levels down, out of public view.  This is show.

Who is the show for? What’s its purpose if not diplomatic?

Is that good or bad? You know, you can find Senate subcommittee hearings on topics like that.  Guess how many of, say, 21 Senators on the committee will be there? 

If they come at all they give a speech and leave.  On or two are designated to do their turn in the barrel and conduct the meeting.  You will not see 21 Senators in rapt attention.

Anyone want to take bets on attendance this coming Wednesday on "Confronting Sexual Harassment and Other Workplace Misconduct in the Federal Judiciary"?

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/meetings/confronting-sexual-harassment-and-other-workplace-misconduct-in-the-federal-judiciary

This is rich, especially after your “bow and apologize diplomacy doesn’t work” bullshit.

The Is what weakness and impotence looks like. If you and I were making a deal and and you did that, you’d pay to watch me eat and walk away hungry.

Playing to the home audience.  Much of the G7 is about home politics.  I think you have to hunt high and low to find diplomacy.  

you mean the suddenly anti-West, anti-trade, anti-objective-reality, pro-debt, pro-deficit, Pro-Russia GOP home audience, I guess.

This is your brand, Tahoe. The silent majority is coming.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TahoeHorn said:

The meeting is not diplomacy.  Diplomacy on an issue like this is conducted four levels down, out of public view.  This is show.

Wrong on all accounts.  Head of State means head of State.  Diplomacy is a 24/7 ballgame for Presidents.  Appearances matter. 

• Like 1

By now even the smartest Trump supporter has regressed to the mean.  Truth and justice have no intrinsic value. 

Off-topic, but: it must be a strange time in recovery groups which encourage adherents to "do the next right thing".  How do you counsel someone to do the right thing when there is no "right thing", just naked self-interest?  Trump enablers may think that they're playing a clever political game when in reality they are undermining their very sanity.

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Trump looked like he was in pain after the handshake. The look on Macron's face is priceless.

5840d59a-f220-4354-ae13-5bfe80057979.jpe

A little later:

251ae059-6ddb-4898-abca-c9637ba39d7a.jpe

02b30bbe-52fc-4927-8e9b-eb6c970a47fe.jpe

A high sodium diet probably contributed to those marks. Trump is probably bloated from all the McDonald's stress eating.

39 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

you mean the suddenly anti-West, anti-trade, anti-objective-reality, pro-debt, pro-deficit, Pro-Russia GOP home audience, I guess.

No, the "I've got better things to do than listen to some French guy talk about empowering women" audience.  Trust me, I know a bunch of folks who would sleep late instead of go to that breakfast.  I'm sure the US sent somebody to hear the speech, and take notes. 

Playing to the home audience.  Much of the G7 is about home politics.  I think you have to hunt high and low to find diplomacy.  

Sure. There is nothing like a good G7 summit to really get public enthused.

Is that good or bad?

You know, you can find Senate subcommittee hearings on topics like that.  Guess how many of, say, 21 Senators on the committee will be there? 

If they come at all they give a speech and leave.  On or two are designated to do their turn in the barrel and conduct the meeting.  You will not see 21 Senators in rapt attention.

Anyone want to take bets on attendance this coming Wednesday on "Confronting Sexual Harassment and Other Workplace Misconduct in the Federal Judiciary"?

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/meetings/confronting-sexual-harassment-and-other-workplace-misconduct-in-the-federal-judiciary

you're a fucking idiot. 

• Like 1

Y'all must be on the good stuff this morning because y'all on fire today. One good thing to come out of this embarrassing orange circus of an administration?  It's definitely fine tuned the wit of our citizenry.

It really is the golden age of satire. This pitcher is so spectacularly bad that he’s turning every hitter into Babe Ruth.

That look says “een every way, I have made zees orange man my leetle beetch.”

It’s just fucking sad - watching the #1 country in a group just repeatedly shoot its own dick off.

Keep hunting. You won’t find it anywhere. Because diplomacy is a game of strategy. Trump gleefully brags about having none. It is about being able to trust the other side to keep a promise; Trump cannot be trusted at all in that respect. There is no diplomacy happening anywhere around him. None. No more excuses. You’ve hitched your wagon to a pile of shit.

Silent my ass. Fuck the Tahoes of this country. I’m dedicating my ass to defeating them, their candidates, and every thing they stand for, burying all of it, shitting all over it, and then never speaking of them or their bullshittery again.

You have their brand 100% correct. All of that is justified in their mind because “suck it, libtards!” Fuck em.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TahoeHorn said:

Is that good or bad?

You know, you can find Senate subcommittee hearings on topics like that.  Guess how many of, say, 21 Senators on the committee will be there? 

This is the exact kind of shit reasonable Americans are up against.  The fucking donut getters.

• Like 1

No, the "I've got better things to do than listen to some French guy talk about empowering women" audience.  Trust me, I know a bunch of folks who would sleep late instead of go to that breakfast.  I'm sure the US sent somebody to hear the speech, and take notes. 

Yeah, exactly my meaning. The people you know. The Roy Moore voters and cowards like Mo Brooks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just shut the fuck up and leave this site. You are a moron whose opinion is completely worthless. Find another team to root for and follow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TahoeHorn said:

Is that good or bad?

That’s bad.  Skipping out on Rep. Jimmy Ray Bodine from Buggtussle’s speech is one thing.  Showing up a world leader is a different ballgame.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

That’s bad.  Skipping out on Rep. Jimmy Ray Bodine from Buggtussle’s speech is one thing.  Showing up a world leader is a different ballgame.

Especially if you’re now on record as wanting Russia back in the group because you think it’s important. If this group is so important, show up on time to events. Why would anybody take Trump’s request seriously if he doesn’t take this seriously?

Edited by Jive Turkey

Especially if you’re now on record as wanting Russia back in the group because you think it’s important. If this group is so important, show up on time to events. Why would anybody take Trump’s request seriously if he doesn’t take this seriously?

Pssst...secret here...literally NOBODY out there in the world takes Trump seriously. They only take him as an impetuous sucker to be played.

Trump is in a pissing match with the Euros.  It's about trade.  I don't agree with his position but I have no trouble understanding what is going on.  I'm not sure why so many here don't get it.  He was insulting Macron the same way the New England Patriots insulted him - don't show to their party.

• Fuck You 7

That wasn't your argument.  You contended that showing up late to these kinds of things is akin to legislators coming in and out of the room during subcommittee meetings.  I.e., irrelevant, not intentionally insulting.    Now you are arguing that it is intentionally insulting, which is what we've all been arguing from the start of the conversation.  Yet again you show your ass with a moronic pseudo-disinterested take that you abandon only to argue that it was us who didn't understand you from the start. 

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

That wasn't your argument.  You contended that showing up late to these kinds of things is akin to legislators coming in and out of the room during subcommittee meetings.  I.e., irrelevant, not intentionally insulting.    Now you are arguing that it is intentionally insulting, which is what we've all been arguing from the start of the conversation.  Yet again you show your ass with a moronic pseudo-disinterested take that you abandon only to argue that it was us who didn't understand you from the start. 

I made two arguments, and I stand by both.  You didn't get the first exactly correct.

1. The meeting on empowering women was not important for substance.  It's all about show.  It was not about empowering women.  It was about home politics.

2. Trump insulted Macron by not showing for his speech.  Both guys have a burr up their ass about trade and ego.

I believe both 1 and 2.  They don't conflict.

I made two arguments, and I stand by both.  You didn't get the first exactly correct.
1. The meeting on empowering women was not important for substance.  It's all about show.  It was not about empowering women.  It was about home politics.
2. Trump insulted Macron by not showing for his speech.  Both guys have a burr up their ass about trade and ego.

Gaslighting not going away
  • Like 6

You don’t think that empowering women is substantial or politically important in the US? Bless your heart.

Then he shouldn't have gone at all. Walking in late and making a show of it is a dick move. He thinks it projects power, but it only projects that he's a dick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tchookem said:

Then he shouldn't have gone at all. Walking in late and making a show of it is a dick move. He thinks it projects power, but it only projects that he's a dick.

Oh, it's a dick move.

When do you support dick moves and when do you not?  What about on this board?  When do you approve of insulting posters?  When do you approve of negging posters?

I don't support Trump's move, but like a lot of posters here that can't stand to hear a view they don't like, and have Trump-like ego problems, I understand what they are doing and am not a bit surprised.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

First of all, the speeches were from Trudeau and another Canadian, not Macron.  Both of whom started their remarks over after Trump arrived, because there is significance to his late arrival.  Second, I didn't argue that those statements conflicted.  I pointed out that they are different from your initial argument.  And they absolutely are.  If arriving late for a speech is insulting, even at a meaningless event, then your initial comparison to congressional subcommittee members missing each other's speeches is inapposite.

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

By now even the smartest Trump supporter has regressed to the mean.  Truth and justice have no intrinsic value. 

Off-topic, but: it must be a strange time in recovery groups which encourage adherents to "do the next right thing".  How do you counsel someone to do the right thing when there is no "right thing", just naked self-interest?  Trump enablers may think that they're playing a clever political game when in reality they are undermining their very sanity.

Krutov might appreciate someone who expressed this much more articulately:

"A man who lies to himself, and believes his own lies, becomes unable to recognize truth, either in himself or in anyone else, and he ends up losing respect for himself and for others. When he has no respect for anyone, he can no longer love, and in him, he yields to his impulses, indulges in the lowest form of pleasure, and behaves in the end like an animal in satisfying his vices. And it all comes from lying–to others and to yourself."

Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Like 2

Oh, it's a dick move.

When do you support dick moves and when do you not?  What about on this board?  When do you approve of insulting posters?  When do you approve of negging posters?
I don't support Trump's move, but like a lot of posters here that can't stand to hear a view they don't like, and have Trump-like ego problems, I understand what they are doing and am not a bit surprised.
You're equating me posting on a message board with the the POTUS at a conference of world leaders?

To answer your question...
I'm okay with people being dicks on a semi-anonymous message board. Not so much when it's the president meeting with our trade partners and allies.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tchookem said:

You're equating me posting on a message board with the the POTUS at a conference of world leaders?

To answer your question...
I'm okay with people being dicks on a semi-anonymous message board. Not so much when it's the president meeting with our trade partners and allies.

I'm not equating.  I was trying to understand your thinking and you answered my question.

I come to see how people think.  My posts are to elicit thoughts not out of a belief that anybody is buying.

Edited by TahoeHorn

Are you dense or being cute?  The subject of the relevant sentence was MEETING.

I’m being awesome, as usual.
You justify the president’s undignified tardiness (alone among his head of state peers) by saying the women’s empowerment meeting was not important or substantive, but a show for home politics. Thus, I took you to mean that you don’t believe that the President of the United States needs to demonstrate support for that by joining his peers, presumably because you don’t think the subject matter is politically important to Trump’s home audience.

Do I have you wrong? Because I think I have you right, in part because you went on to say that people you know would have skipped the meeting.
  • Like 2

Oh, it's a dick move.

I don’t support them when they undermine our national negotiating position or project weakness, while simultaneously undermining good will among partners. This did all three.

47 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

Trump is in a pissing match with the Euros.  It's about trade.  I don't agree with his position but I have no trouble understanding what is going on.  I'm not sure why so many here don't get it.  He was insulting Macron the same way the New England Patriots insulted him - don't show to their party.

Kiss our collective asses you numbnuts.  Do you get THAT?

• Like 3

Trump is in a pissing match with the Euros.  It's about trade.  I don't agree with his position

Actually this is false, too. You’ve repeatedly indicated your preference for bilateral trade “deals” (inherently a restraint of trade) over multilateral and regional free trade alliances.