Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

27 minutes ago, LongestHorn said:

Is that official?  From FLOTUS communications?  Damn.  That's a loaded smackdown.  Certainly not carrying water for the theory that she believes Trump didn't fuck Stormy.  Just wow.  Why issue that statement at all?  

Yeah, the entire administration is a yellow shit storm.

3 hours ago, LongestHorn said:

Is that official?  From FLOTUS communications?  Damn.  That's a loaded smackdown.  Certainly not carrying water for the theory that she believes Trump didn't fuck Stormy.  Just wow.  Why issue that statement at all?  

Remember... Rudy wasn't good enough to get into this dumpster fire of an administration.

Perspective.

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Normal?

"The New York Times reported earlier Thursday evening that one of its reporters, Ali Watkins, had been contacted by federal investigators about the inquiry into Wolfe and a prosecutor notified her that her email and phone records -- but not the content of her communications -- were obtained. The Times reported Watkins denies receiving classified information from Wolfe during the their relationship."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/07/politics/james-wolfe-arrested/index.html

7 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Russians must need to replace the batteries in the listening devices Lavrov left there.

You are not far off. Remember that unsecured cell Trump carries on him at all times? 

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/390893-stingray-spying-prompts-fears-about-surveillance

Fresh concerns about digital privacy and security are budding in Washington amid revelations of potential surveillance activity in the D.C. region, causing some lawmakers to demand action from the Trump administration. 

Officials with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) recently disclosed signs of sophisticated technology, known colloquially as "Stingrays," near sensitive facilities including the White House.

The devices, International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) catchers, exploit cell towers to potentially intercept cellphone communications. The technology has historically been used by law enforcement officials to track suspects, but the new revelations have bolstered fears that foreign intelligence agencies could be using them to spy on U.S. officials.

Heading to the G7, President just told the press gaggle multiple times that Russia “should be at the meeting”, and that it used to be the G8 before they kicked Russia out.

Pivots to use of pardon, Jack Johnson, Ali (I agree with both of those) his absolute right to pardon himself, that he’s not above the law, “no collusion”, Scott Pruitt, setting records, Alice, Kim Kardashian, and on and on. Thousands of names of people who have been treated unfairly.

There’s lots more, but calling for Russia to be readmitted to the G8 seems like the headline.

Wow, that informal press conference with Trump just now. His inane rantings aren't funny anymore and should no longer be the butt of jokes, this shit is serious. We're fucked, and whoever the next President will be he'll spend the majority of his/her time repairing the shit storm left in Trump's wake. 

18 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

There’s lots more, but calling for Russia to be readmitted to the G8 seems like the headline.

I don't see what's weird about this.  Who wouldn't want their best friend readmitted to a club they belong to?  

9 minutes ago, Slade said:

Wow, that informal press conference with Trump just now. His inane rantings aren't funny anymore and should no longer be the butt of jokes, this shit is serious. We're fucked, and whoever the next President will be he'll spend the majority of his/her time repairing the shit storm left in Trump's wake. 

And our allies will still wonder if the guy after the next guy will be another fucking lunatic.

13 minutes ago, Slade said:

Yep.  Just a casual "I'll disband NAFTA" and "bring the Russians back".  No biggie.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Washpark said:
What amount of evidence do people need at this point that Trump isn't compromised by Putin?

This is what we've been warning about for the last two years. At Putin's behest, Trump is willing to trash the trans-Atlantic relationship that has been the foundation of peace and prosperity for 3/4 of a century. The signs of Trump's antipathy toward the West have been there since the beginning - even before suspicions of Russian support - including his support for Brexit (buddies with that fuckstick Farage) and his calling Nato "obsolete". Fuck anyone who supports this piece of shit. He's not just a traitor to the American people; he's a traitor to all modern Western values.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slade said:

If there is a next President, the Republicans will get their wish as they'll truly have a president who will be forced to bow and apologize.

1 hour ago, Slade said:

"Welcome to the party pal!'

I have accepted that there are two options going forward.  He and his mafia cabal go to jail, or they get away with it and the Republic fails.  I'm back to laughing again, but it is more out of self preservation than anything.  I can do nothing as an individual to change what is happening, I have neither the money nor public platform to do anything of substance.  If I take his shit seriously or I get angry it, only affects me.  I'm enjoying the movie.  

• Like 1