Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

My prediction is, the Nork meeting (IF it happens, and that's a BIG if) will crumble after less than a day of dick-measuring.  Trump will portray it as a win for his kingdom, and KJU will begin test firing missiles within a month.

Bookmark me.  I ain't skeered.

Just got back from canada and Trudeau was visiting and Canadians are so mad at Trump it was literally hilarious. I just laugh at the dumbassery of both sides.

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

It is of course extremely insulting and disgraceful that the President doesn’t think he should have to prepare for his meeting with the leader of the most hostile rogue nuclear state in the world, but I honestly do believe it won’t really matter.  Trump is so uninformed and disinterested in anything substantive that his meetings can’t be anything other than useless bullshittery and maybe some off the books discussion about a side deal to enrich himself.  And if by some off chance he does do something he shouldn’t, he will just blatantly reverse himself after someone tells him how badly he fucked up, and blame it on NK.  It’s what he does.

Nothing important is going happen, other than cringeworthy images of him gladhanding a tyrant.  He’s so ridiculous it seems he actually thinks just shooting the breeze and personally charming people are what make deals get done, so that’s all he will do.  It’s like he has an 8 year old’s conception of a businessman or President.

Trump is Wilhelm, Jr.

10 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Just got back from canada and Trudeau was visiting and Canadians are so mad at Trump it was literally hilarious. I just laugh at the dumbassery of both sides.

Trudeau was visiting Canada? Stop the presses!

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44395097

The US has reached a deal with Chinese tech firm ZTE that will remove a ban that prevented the company from buying parts from US suppliers, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross has said.

The deal will involve ZTE paying a $1bn penalty and hiring a compliance team chosen by the US.

ZTE will also be required to replace its management board within 30 days.

The US had blocked ZTE's access to American suppliers, saying it had violated a sanctions settlement.

China's President Xi Jinping asked the US to reconsider that punishment, which forced ZTE, the world's fourth-largest mobile phone maker and a major employer in China, to suspend major operations.

Mr Ross said the fine was the largest penalty ever levied by Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security and pledged to continue monitoring ZTE's behaviour.

The new deal will also see ZTE paying $400m into a holding account to insure against future violations.

Tough on China?

The decision to lift the ban has faced sharp criticism from US politicians, including from some Republicans, who view the telecoms company as a national security risk.

Senator Chuck Schumer, a leading Democrat, called on Congress to reverse the deal.

"There is absolutely no good reason that ZTE should get a second chance, and this decision marks a 180 degree turn away from the president's promise to be tough on China," he said.

ZTE is based in Shenzhen, close to Hong Kong, and was founded in 1985.

It is China's second largest telecoms manufacturer and depends on US-made components for the production of handsets.

The US banned access to US suppliers in April after finding ZTE violated a settlement reached after it admitted to shipping goods to Iran and North Korea, countries subject to US trade sanctions.

this administration does not seem to ever stick to a decision. but this is very important on a global scale.

2 hours ago, retread said:

It's cool, Rodman and Hannity will be there to keep the speeding car between the ditches.

Has it been confirmed that Rodman will be on our side of the table?  I thought he was buds with Rocket Man so assumed he was going as part of their delegation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Native Horn said:

My prediction is, the Nork meeting (IF it happens, and that's a BIG if) will crumble after less than a day of dick-measuring.  Trump will portray it as a win for his kingdom, and KJU will begin test firing missiles within a month.

Bookmark me.  I ain't skeered.

They'll reach a tentative agreement to agree, which won't require NK denuclearization and what few details are ironed out will be much worse for the US than the Iran deal was, and Trump will claim an enormous victory. The final substantive agreement will never be reached.

• Like 1

Just now, wildcat09 said:

They'll reach a tentative agreement to agree, which won't require NK denuclearization and what few details are ironed out will be much worse for the US than the Iran deal was, and Trump will claim an enormous victory. The final substantive agreement will never be reached.

Many beautiful pictures will be taken. The most beautiful, many are saying.

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Shortly before US President Donald Trump’s summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un on June 12, the US Democratic Party threatened to oppose any easing of sanctions on North Korea unless five conditions are met, including the shutdown of all the North’s nuclear, biological and chemical weapons.

That is absolutely the right call. The only person politicizing this meeting is the dipshit-in-chief. Trump is a dipshit, who is doing zero preparation for the meeting. Trump will make concessions with zero regard for the actual impact of that concession. We should be imposing many of these conditions to even meet with North Korea, but Trump gave that card away for free too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes.  These people really think that.

They have no concept that when Trump declares all relationships a zero-sum game, the other side gets busy trying to win, meaning we lose (not that the Chinese weren't already doing that).  According to Trump -- not me, but Trump himself -- we have no allies, only adversaries.  The rest of the world has heard him, and is behaving accordingly.

I realize China is our main geopolitical adversary. Does that mean we can’t have interests aligned on any one issue?  This isn’t the Cold War. 

We want denuclearization. They do too. Presumably for different reasons.  So what?

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

The idea that preparation for a summit with a foreign adversary is being played out in part (or perhaps exclusively) in the media is absolutely terrifying.

I am not kidding when I say this . . . my son and his soon-to-be-9th-grade buddies could handle this better.  I'm serious.

well lets see - fat, loser child leader of hermit country versus spoiled rich sociopath from worlds largest crumbling empire

what could go right!?

you know what the rest of the world is thinking

18 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I realize China is our main geopolitical adversary. Does that mean we can’t have interests aligned on any one issue?  This isn’t the Cold War. 

We want denuclearization. They do too. Presumably for different reasons.  So what?

If China didn't want N. Korea to have nukes, they wouldn't have nukes. If China didn't want Kim Jong Un to be the leader of N. Korea, he would be dead already. Wake up. 

• Like 2

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Pretty fantastic that our closest allies are fine with kicking us out of the club.  Winning indeed.

I would tell us to fuck off also. It's our fault we elected a fucking buffoon, and now we get to deal with the consequences. No reason they should play along with that fat retard. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

China wants it too?  What's your basis for that conclusion?

You DO realize that China has ALWAYS had the power and ability to steer the DPRK's activities -- they have an economic stranglehold on the DPRK (not to mention a looming and easy-to-deploy military to back it up).  The DPRK has nukes because China let them have nukes.  And guess what?  It plays to China's advantage as well.  China wants a fractured asian alliance (US, SOKO, Japan), and the DPRK's shenanigans may help them get it.

This is China's game.  Then it's the DPRK's game.  Then, it may be Putin's.  And bringing up the rear, is Trump, who is looking for the shiniest "accomplishment" to crow about, NOT the one with the most actual long-term value.  He's like a child who picks the shiniest coin out of a bowl of change, not the one with the highest monetary value, and then expects praise for his brilliant decision.

COULD he stumblefuck his way into a good outcome?  Sure.  I hope he does.  Anything that advances our strategic interests is a good thing, whether it's accidental or on purpose.  I'm just not counting on it.  At all.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is China's game.  Then it's the DPRK's game.  Then, it may be Putin's.  And bringing up the rear, is Trump, who is looking for the shiniest "accomplishment" to crow about, NOT the one with the most actual long-term value.  He's like a child who picks the shiniest coin out of a bowl of change, not the one with the highest monetary value, and then expects praise for his brilliant decision.

And I think the game our enemies are playing is the, let's make Trump look like he's winning game, because they are advancing their agendas at lightening speed with him in the office. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Jesus Christ.  Nixon read a 1000 page briefing in the week before going to China.  Trump's gonna wing it.  What a  fucknut.  Fuck  him, and fuck anybody that supports this asshole. 

I wish people would see the NK Summit for what it is.  It’s a terrorist and a fucking moron getting together to make themselves more powerful.

Nothing more.

The meeting is an enormous mistake.  I’d rather give Kim Jong Un an aircraft carrier than a Summit he can use for propaganda purposes to maintain control.

At least we could destroy the aircraft carrier later if needed.  Once they have the Summit it’s back to business for the Norks. We won’t get that leverage back.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

And I think the game our enemies are playing is the, let's make Trump look like he's winning game, because they are advancing their agendas at lightening speed with him in the office. 

This, 100%.  And it's not even a super-clever negotiation tactic -- it's one of the more basic tactics (for example, I use it rather often, and I'm not a very original thinker).  It's the "please don't throw me in that briar patch!" tactic.  Make the other guy THINK he's winning, when he's actually working towards the exact outcome you want.  And you can even say "darnit, you're so tough!  You just keep getting the better of me!"  Trump will smile triumphantly, and strut around, while the others make a show of being dejected....and then back in their hotel rooms, they laugh and count their money/muse over their victories/re-watch the pee-pee tape, which Putin shared with them.

Watching it unfold, knowing EXACTLY what game is being played, and being able to do NOTHING to stop it -- it's maddening.

• Like 1

The norks should arrange for an evening of entertainment showcasing traditional NK theatre. In reality, the show would really just be two hours of Obama and Hillary impersonators being led around in chains before finally admitting that Trump  had the largest inauguration crowd in history. Kim Jong-un would leave Singapore the proud owner of two US aircraft carriers as well as the state of California.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This, 100%.  And it's not even a super-clever negotiation tactic -- it's one of the more basic tactics (for example, I use it rather often, and I'm not a very original thinker).  It's the "please don't throw me in that briar patch!" tactic.  Make the other guy THINK he's winning, when he's actually working towards the exact outcome you want.  And you can even say "darnit, you're so tough!  You just keep getting the better of me!"  Trump will smile triumphantly, and strut around, while the others make a show of being dejected....and then back in their hotel rooms, they laugh and count their money/muse over their victories/re-watch the pee-pee tape, which Putin shared with them.

Watching it unfold, knowing EXACTLY what game is being played, and being able to do NOTHING to stop it -- it's maddening.

Speak for yourself bro.

170517175643-robert-mueller-03-full-169.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

All he can do is lay out the evidence.  It's up to Congress to stop it.

So, like I said....nothing.

Shit, give the freedom caucus what they need to see and they'll be game. Pence is their wet dream. All the Jesus without the tariffs. 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

All he can do is lay out the evidence.  It's up to Congress to stop it.

So, like I said....nothing.

He seems to be driving Trump fucking insane every waking moment of his life.  

It’s not necessarily justice but it is entertaining.

This is gonna be high comedy.  Odds this orange shitstain throws a giant tantrum for the world to see?  Pegged right at 100%.  

I only wish they could have all the conversations mic'd up just to show this dumb ass has zero clue about any trade policies.