Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

54 minutes ago, sidis said:

there is nothing in the original statement that one cannot find a white racist who isn't a trump supporter that connotes the logical extension that people outside of that group cannot also like trump...

54 minutes ago, sidis said:

Damn son.  To continue this Silicon Valley discussion, you switched from contrapositive to converse mid sentence.  You best not lecture people on logic again. 

“Logical extension” lulz.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Jesus Christ.  Nixon read a 1000 page briefing in the week before going to China.  Trump's gonna wing it.  What a  fucknut.  Fuck  him, and fuck anybody that supports this asshole. 

Didn't you hear?  Dennis Rodman and one of the Kardashian girls will be doing all the negotiating.  No need for dotard to prepare.

11 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Do we have an official list of who the 13 Angry Democrats are?

Everybody working for Mueller. Everybody in the FBI. Everybody in the DOJ. 

He is spending more time and energy preparing his followers for Mueller’s findings than he is preparing for North Korea. 

This is all shaping up nicely for our enemies. The President of the United States, the position that has always been the Leader of the Free World, is going to go toe to toe with the Hermit King. And the Hermit King is going to make the President look like a fool.....in front of the whole world. This meeting has been set up exactly for this reason. Trump is handing NK want they want and we will get nothing in return other than egg on our face. #MAGA

1 hour ago, sidis said:

no, you are reading it incorrectly.  here is what tahoe says:

"Thus, anybody who doesn't love Trump is either not White or not racist."

in response to:

"Find me a white racist who doesn't love Trump."

what was originally said is a positive declaration that all "white racists" (importantly, combining the two terms...a racist that must also be white, and a white who must also be racist) together must like trump(a fairly silly and unprovable statement in its own right)...specifically identifying a subset of a) whites; and b) racists.  think of a venn diagram with two circles.  one white, one racist.  He is referring to the overlap between the two but not the whole of either circle as there are many whites who are not racist and many racists who are not white.  tahoe disingenuously (because he knows better) then takes that statement and infers incorrectly a contrapositive which he claims that if one does not like trump, they must not be white or must not be racist.  this ignores the parts of both circles that do not overlap (i.e., the whites that are not racist who very much do not like trump and the non-white racists who very much do not like trump).  very simple stuff here, folks.

if we cannot agree that tahoe's statement was idiotic and completely erroneous, then there is no point to debating the virtues of the iran nuclear deal.

Frege says "Phooey!"

10 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Yeah, well, we may pay for the Hermit King's hotel, but if he takes anything from the minifridge, we'll call him names on twitter again.

The sad part is i have no doubt he believes calling him rocket man is the reason why North Korea is giving up everything and capitulating to all his demands. 

35 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

We're really not talking enough about the insane Harvey quote.

33 minutes ago, Tuco said:

It's such a perfect little package of stupidity, it's like there is really nothing more than can be said about it. 

It stands out only as an example of what's going on here.  He's trying to tell lies that are more and more oultlandish and insane, to see if he'll ever have to answer for them.

I don't know why he keeps pushing it -- we all know that the answer is "he'll NEVER have to answer for them."

It's genuine fucking madness, and we're living it.

24 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

This is all shaping up nicely for our enemies. The President of the United States, the position that has always been the Leader of the Free World, is going to go toe to toe with the Hermit King. And the Hermit King is going to make the President look like a fool.....in front of the whole world. This meeting has been set up exactly for this reason. Trump is handing NK want they want and we will get nothing in return other than egg on our face. #MAGA

Again, where is the great victory for NK in taking part in a summit with us and then publicly spurning us and our volatile leader?  

Y’all all say we’re giving them legitimacy.  Nuclear weapons already gave them legitimacy.  What the hell are y’all talking about?

Our boot is currently on their neck.  I don’t anticipate them acting out greatly.  This summit is all about confirming face to face that NK has the right attitude and that the first steps, that have likely been agreed on, are on track to be initiated. 

Btw spoiler alert:  at any point Trump could call off summit or break talks with NK if he doesn’t like the tone or how it’s going. At which point we’ll wait them out longer.  Don’t freak out. 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It stands out only as an example of what's going on here.  He's trying to tell lies that are more and more oultlandish and insane, to see if he'll ever have to answer for them.

I don't know why he keeps pushing it -- we all know that the answer is "he'll NEVER have to answer for them."

It's genuine fucking madness, and we're living it.

The GOP will have to answer for them at the voting booth. 

I would imagine that he will lose out on plenty of business opportunities when he’s out of the WH. 

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would imagine that he will lose out on plenty of business opportunities when he’s out of the WH. 

The voting booth put trump in office. 

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's probably going to be indicted shortly after he is no longer the president.

8 minutes ago, seven said:

The voting booth put trump in office. 

That, and Hillary, and Republican incompetence and too many Republicans, and Facebook, and twitter. 

His followers were not enough to keep Barrack Hussein Obama out of the White House for 8 years. 

Edited by atomheartbevo

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

That, and Hillary, and Republican incompetence and too many Republicans, and Facebook, and twitter. 

His followers were not enough to keep Barrack Hussein Obama out of the a White House for 8 years. 

They will be going forward.  Control of information = control of the voters = control of the government.  That's where we're going, at breakneck speed.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

You have faith in the electorate.

It is misplaced.

Truly.  They haven't learned a damned thing and should we all survive, it would only prove that the position is fool proof so they could do it all again. 

46 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Again, where is the great victory for NK in taking part in a summit with us and then publicly spurning us and our volatile leader?  

Y’all all say we’re giving them legitimacy.  Nuclear weapons already gave them legitimacy.  What the hell are y’all talking about?

Our boot is currently on their neck.  I don’t anticipate them acting out greatly.  This summit is all about confirming face to face that NK has the right attitude and that the first steps, that have likely been agreed on, are on track to be initiated. 

Btw spoiler alert:  at any point Trump could call off summit or break talks with NK if he doesn’t like the tone or how it’s going. At which point we’ll wait them out longer.  Don’t freak out. 

This is about optics. Trump has already said that the end game is full denuclearization and NK has stated that will never happen. So what is the point of the meeting for us? What do we get out of it?

Instead, NK gets a face-to-face with the President. Those optics tell others like Iran, Syria, (name your favorite Autocratic state here) that if you want relevance, continue working towards nukes or other weapons of mass destruction.  Whereas before, it was, you build weapons of mass destruction, we do everything we can to marginalize you on the global stage. 

So yeah, Trump could cancel at any point, but Kim Jun Un already got Trump from describing the NK leader as "little rocket-man" to a "very honorable" man in a matter of a couple months. Kim already won because now he can sell propaganda to his country of the work he is doing where as if we shut him down and kept the status quo, Kim may have been in a worse position domestically. 

Who has their boot on who's neck again?

And I'm not freaking out about this. Other efforts by this admin freak me out waaaaaay more, like working to destroy our alliance network. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

So what’s everyone freaking out about today? 

Sopmeone going to negotiate with a nuclear power (with backing and string-pulling by Russia and China), having done less preparation than I did for my sophomore year Classic Civ final because (1) it was a blowoff class, and (2) I had the date wrong on my calendar.

I'm sure it will be fine.

3 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Dems want to risk nuclear conflict to own Trump.

Shortly before US President Donald Trump’s summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un on June 12, the US Democratic Party threatened to oppose any easing of sanctions on North Korea unless five conditions are met, including the shutdown of all the North’s nuclear, biological and chemical weapons.

The fact that the Democratic Party has officially adopted a position as hardline as the Republican Party hints that the North Korean issue could become politicized leading up to the US midterm elections in November.

Top Democrats in the Senate – including Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer – sent a letter to Trump on June 4 outlining five principles for brokering a deal with North Korea and then held a teleconference with reporters. The five principles demanded by the Democrats are the shutdown and abandonment of all nuclear, chemical and biological weapons; halting the enrichment and reprocessing of uranium and plutonium and dismantling nuclear facilities; continuing the moratorium on ballistic missile testing; holding unannounced inspections of nuclear and missile activities and re-imposing sanctions if illegal activity is detected; and guaranteeing that the agreement is permanent.

http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_northkorea/847931.html

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Damn son.  To continue this Silicon Valley discussion, you switched from contrapositive to converse mid sentence.  You best not lecture people on logic again. 

“Logical extension” lulz.  

omfg.

3 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Isn't Tahoe right?  Contrapostive of a true statement is a true statement.  If A then B / if not B then not A.

Certainly.  And if A is C union D (white and racist) then not A is not C OR not D.  (not white or not racist)

18 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Well, Nuke’s scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man’s here. We need a live roo– is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose’s glove. And nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Is that about right? … We’re dealing with a lot of shit here!

• Like 2

The idea that preparation for a summit with a foreign adversary is being played out in part (or perhaps exclusively) in the media is absolutely terrifying.

I am not kidding when I say this . . . my son and his soon-to-be-9th-grade buddies could handle this better.  I'm serious.

3 hours ago, sidis said:

no, you are reading it incorrectly.  here is what tahoe says:

"Thus, anybody who doesn't love Trump is either not White or not racist."

in response to:

"Find me a white racist who doesn't love Trump."

what was originally said is a positive declaration that all "white racists" (importantly, combining the two terms...a racist that must also be white, and a white who must also be racist) together must like trump(a fairly silly and unprovable statement in its own right)...specifically identifying a subset of a) whites; and b) racists.  think of a venn diagram with two circles.  one white, one racist.  He is referring to the overlap between the two but not the whole of either circle as there are many whites who are not racist and many racists who are not white.  tahoe disingenuously (because he knows better) then takes that statement and infers incorrectly a contrapositive which he claims that if one does not like trump, they must not be white or must not be racist.  this ignores the parts of both circles that do not overlap (i.e., the whites that are not racist who very much do not like trump and the non-white racists who very much do not like trump).  very simple stuff here, folks.

if we cannot agree that tahoe's statement was idiotic and completely erroneous, then there is no point to debating the virtues of the iran nuclear deal.

You, sir, are not a math major.  My statement was absolutely correct:

If all White racists are Trump lovers then somebody who is not a Trump lover is either not White or not a racist.  You need to recheck your Venn diagrams.

33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sopmeone going to negotiate with a nuclear power (with backing and string-pulling by Russia and China), having done less preparation than I did for my sophomore year Classic Civ final because (1) it was a blowoff class, and (2) I had the date wrong on my calendar.

I'm sure it will be fine.

Some guy just dropped a nuclear bomb here at the office, so this hits close to home. Thanks for the synopsis. 

38 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

This is about optics. Trump has already said that the end game is full denuclearization and NK has stated that will never happen. So what is the point of the meeting for us? What do we get out of it?

Instead, NK gets a face-to-face with the President. Those optics tell others like Iran, Syria, (name your favorite Autocratic state here) that if you want relevance, continue working towards nukes or other weapons of mass destruction.  Whereas before, it was, you build weapons of mass destruction, we do everything we can to marginalize you on the global stage. 

So yeah, Trump could cancel at any point, but Kim Jun Un already got Trump from describing the NK leader as "little rocket-man" to a "very honorable" man in a matter of a couple months. Kim already won because now he can sell propaganda to his country of the work he is doing where as if we shut him down and kept the status quo, Kim may have been in a worse position domestically. 

Who has their boot on who's neck again?

And I'm not freaking out about this. Other efforts by this admin freak me out waaaaaay more, like working to destroy our alliance network. 

Every country has known for decades that if you want legitimacy and security on global stage you want nukes.  Nothing about this summit or our interactions with NK has changed that.  

Our boot (with Chinese support) is on North Korea's neck.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Every country has known for decades that if you want legitimacy and security on global stage you want nukes.  Nothing about this summit or our interactions with NK has changed that.  

Our boot (with Chinese support) is on North Korea's neck.  

They already have nukes. This summit is about welcoming them to the club.

4 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

You think China is our ally here? 

Yes.  These people really think that.

They have no concept that when Trump declares all relationships a zero-sum game, the other side gets busy trying to win, meaning we lose (not that the Chinese weren't already doing that).  According to Trump -- not me, but Trump himself -- we have no allies, only adversaries.  The rest of the world has heard him, and is behaving accordingly.