76ers vs Heat

Machinator

Simmons
Covington
Bron
Saric
Embiid

CHAMPIOOONNNSSSHHIIIIIIPPPPP

If Fultz can manage to receiver rediscover the confidence that made him a #1 pick this team will be a problem for years you come. Dude clearly has the yips or the basketball version of
Chuck Knoblauch's mental issues when he suddenly couldn't throw to 1st. Hopefully Fultz overcomes it this summer.

That would be awesome too. There are a couple of not so obvious spots he hopefully really looks at. Nola or philly would make them true contenders.  Anything but LAL or even LAC, GSW, Houston. Portland would be awesome because the crowd would be insane. 

It would be funny if Lebron went to Philly and screwed Boston for their next few years of contention. He can send Kyrie home every year and remind him that he's still the king. I don't really want him to come to Houston, because I do feel like it would cheapen any championships they get, but if the Rockets get trounced by the Warriors this playoffs, I can see it happening. The Warriors went 16-1 in the playoffs last year, nearly perfect, which is just crazy to compete against. They have at least 1 more year of that, possibly more if they can move Iggy's contract and find some more cheap depth. I'm not sure a Lebron led Philly team would be able to beat them at full strength.

Edited by Dutchrudder

If you're the Sixers, of course you want LeBron if you can make the money work, which shouldn't be too hard. But it would force a change in "the process" and maybe take the ball out of Simmons' hands which is not ideal. Plus he's gonna be 34 and the way he plays there's gonna be some drop-off soon. I hope he just stays in Cleveland.

I am AMAZED, and frankly taken aback at the deluge of posts (dating back to shaggy) which say that LeBron would be a bad fit in Philly, and that his arrival would stymie The Process and stifle the progress of Embiid and Simmons. I can recall at least 6 or 7 of these posts, to exactly 0 posts countering them.

People (and I say this withball due respect)- pull your heads out of your asses. This is basketball, not soccer. It’s not like, “Oh, we only play with one striker and we already own two great ones, so we probably don’t need a third.” This is basketball; this is five guys hooping against five other guys, and the team with the best players essentially always wins. People are already high on Philly’s prospects for the next 5+ years to begin with, yet adding LeBron would be less than ideal? WUT.

Add LeBron to Philly and they represent the East in at least 4 of the next 5 NBA Finals, and calling it 4/5 as opposed to 5/5 is simply accounting for injuries, flukes, and the fact that the Celtics would still have a great team themselves. Add LeBron to Philly and I guarantee you they win at least one title. Guaranteed. I won’t hear any arguments that say otherwise. To argue otherwise would be asinine. The argument I’ve alresdy heard have themselves been asinine. It’s crazy.

I’m a Sixers fan; I want LeBron. The idea that Bron could become available to Philly and that they should turn him down in the name of Ben Simmons’ progress is crazy. Absolutely bat shit insane. How about we let Embiid, Saric, Fultz, Simmons, Covington, et al all be mentored by the greatest player on the planet, the guy who they’ve spent their entire lives idolizing. How about we pencil the team in for games in May and June for at least the next five years. How about we (Philly), an organiazation that was THE laughingstock of the NBA up until this season, just go ahead and take on the best player on the planet and deal with the assimilation after. People- stop over-thinking this; if you’re Philly and you have a chance to get LeBron you take it. Period.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2

That's all good, like I said no way you turn him away if he wants to come over to Phila. Brett Brown has adjusted his style a couple times already, so yeah he could figure out away to incorporate 23. 

It's more about wanting to see it be Simmons' team going forward, which would not be the case if LeBron shows up. And there's no way around it, his next team will have to manage LeBron's eventual decline as he gets older.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah he needs to take a really hard look at new orleans and portland and their $0 of cap room.

He can be traded to those teams so cap room really isnt a factor

Edited by d2o

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I am AMAZED, and frankly taken aback at the deluge of posts (dating back to shaggy) which say that LeBron would be a bad fit in Philly, and that his arrival would stymie The Process and stifle the progress of Embiid and Simmons. I can recall at least 6 or 7 of these posts, to exactly 0 posts countering them.

People (and I say this withball due respect)- pull your heads out of your asses. This is basketball, not soccer. It’s not like, “Oh, we only play with one striker and we already own two great ones, so we probably don’t need a third.” This is basketball; this is five guys hooping against five other guys, and the team with the best players essentially always wins. People are already high on Philly’s prospects for the next 5+ years to begin with, yet adding LeBron would be less than ideal? WUT.

Add LeBron to Philly and they represent the East in at least 4 of the next 5 NBA Finals, and calling it 4/5 as opposed to 5/5 is simply accounting for injuries, flukes, and the fact that the Celtics would still have a great team themselves. Add LeBron to Philly and I guarantee you they win at least one title. Guaranteed. I won’t hear any arguments that say otherwise. To argue otherwise would be asinine. The argument I’ve alresdy heard have themselves been asinine. It’s crazy.

I’m a Sixers fan; I want LeBron. The idea that Bron could become available to Philly and that they should turn him down in the name of Ben Simmons’ progress is crazy. Absolutely bat shit insane. How about we let Embiid, Saric, Fultz, Simmons, Covington, et al all be mentored by the greatest player on the planet, the guy who they’ve spent their entire lives idolizing. How about we pencil the team in for games in May and June for at least the next five years. How about we (Philly), an organiazation that was THE laughingstock of the NBA up until this season, just go ahead and take on the best player on the planet and deal with the assimilation after. People- stop over-thinking this; if you’re Philly and you have a chance to get LeBron you take it. Period.

I dont think anyone said that they should tell Bron know if he wants to go there.   To deny it would change how Simmons plays is weird to me.   They both cannot have the ball all the time which they both do for their respective teams currently.   Not saying they wouldn't be able to make it work cause I do think they eventually would cause neither of them are selfish players.    However, some of the reason that both LBJ and Simmons are successful is that you can surround them with shooters.   Having them on the same team takes one shooter off of the floor thus shrinking the floor and making it a tiny bit easier to defend them with all of the players being able to stay closer to the lane

All that said, if he wants to go to PHI, you sign him the SECOND he says he does and you figure out the rest later.

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

For what though?  NO offering Boogie I get.... what could Portland offer?

prolly CJ and a couple of those scrap players they have.   Although I don't think POR should be an option.    Still think about what LAC got for CP3.   It was basically whatever HOU had to match salary.  They gave up like 7 guys.   Lou ended up being more than what they expected but he and Beverly by no means are an even trade for CP3

Edited by d2o

11 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Exactly..... which does nothing for Lebron considering.... they couldn't sign anyone else of consequence.  It gets them to the 2nd round.  Portland's not a consideration, IMO.

Yeah, POR would have to show them some sort of plan to get another guy for him to consider it.   I do think its time to break up Dame/CJ though so CJ leaving shouldn't be a deterrent.   The fact that they have some seriously shitty contracts should.

Edited by d2o

1 hour ago, Bartles said:

That's all good, like I said no way you turn him away if he wants to come over to Phila. Brett Brown has adjusted his style a couple times already, so yeah he could figure out away to incorporate 23. 

It's more about wanting to see it be Simmons' team going forward, which would not be the case if LeBron shows up. And there's no way around it, his next team will have to manage LeBron's eventual decline as he gets older.

The hope is that Lebron really is going to "turn over the keys" in the next few years.  I have no doub the will play until he is 40 if he is physically able to.  Hopefully Lebron would be genuine in his mentorship of younger players and will transition to the background near the end, unlike kobe did.  That being said, Lebron only signs 1-2 year deals.  If he comes and wants a 1 year deal you give it to him and if you take a step back or if he visibly ruins team chemistry then you don't re-sign him.

13 minutes ago, d2o said:

I dont think anyone said that they should tell Bron know if he wants to go there.   To deny it would change how Simmons plays is weird to me.   They both cannot have the ball all the time which they both do for their respective teams currently.   Not saying they wouldn't be able to make it work cause I do think they eventually would cause neither of them are selfish players.    However, some of the reason that both LBJ and Simmons are successful is that you can surround them with shooters.   Having them on the same team takes one shooter off of the floor thus shrinking the floor and making it a tiny bit easier to defend them with all of the players being able to stay closer to the lane

All that said, if he wants to go to PHI, you sign him the SECOND he says he does and you figure out the rest later.

The hope that you would have is that it becomes a houston like scenario with a more complete center.  Harden and Paul do pretty well and Lebron or Simmons would be able to split time on the court with the bench players which would really help that rotation.  As mentioned above, if Lebron is only going to sign a 1-2 year deal on his next contract then there is very little risk and a ton of reward.  I could see him chasing titles for the next 2 years (maybe 3) and settling down back in cleveland (if gilbert sells the team as has been rumored) or miami to finish out his career.  He'd be 36-37 years old and would officially be in decline (hard to say he is close to it now).  At this point he is likely trying to put 2-3 more trophies on his shelf to make him more comparable to MJ.

5 minutes ago, d2o said:

Yeah, POR would have to show them some sort of plan to get another guy for him to consider it.   I do think its time to break up Dame/CJ though so CJ leaving shouldn't be a deterrent.   The fact that they have some seriously shitty contract should.

I threw portland out there not because it would necessarily be possible, but because it would be fun to watch him and dame and cj play together in an arena as loud as the rose garden.  That place would be going off even against the suns if lebron was on the court.

6 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

The hope is that Lebron really is going to "turn over the keys" in the next few years.  I have no doub the will play until he is 40 if he is physically able to.  Hopefully Lebron would be genuine in his mentorship of younger players and will transition to the background near the end, unlike kobe did.  That being said, Lebron only signs 1-2 year deals.  If he comes and wants a 1 year deal you give it to him and if you take a step back or if he visibly ruins team chemistry then you don't re-sign him.

The hope that you would have is that it becomes a houston like scenario with a more complete center.  Harden and Paul do pretty well and Lebron or Simmons would be able to split time on the court with the bench players which would really help that rotation.  As mentioned above, if Lebron is only going to sign a 1-2 year deal on his next contract then there is very little risk and a ton of reward.  I could see him chasing titles for the next 2 years (maybe 3) and settling down back in cleveland (if gilbert sells the team as has been rumored) or miami to finish out his career.  He'd be 36-37 years old and would officially be in decline (hard to say he is close to it now).  At this point he is likely trying to put 2-3 more trophies on his shelf to make him more comparable to MJ.

Harden and CP3 had a good reason to change things up some.    Neither of them have been able to get over the hump doing things their way.    Additionally, both of them are good to very good shooters and can play as spot up guys while the other guy has the ball.    Simmons cant shoot at all and despite his improvements, LBJ isn't gonna play as a spot up guy.

Again, not saying it can't work but it would be different than HOU.

Agree....  It would almost be better for the 76ers to get lebron in 2 years when (if??) his athleticism dies down a bit.  He would be a great guy to be a second or 3rd option on offense with and a great defender.  Obviously that isn't why you take lebron but if he could insert himself as a secondary weapon it would be awesome for everyone.  The 76ers get a guy who can make the play if their half court offense is stagnant and lebron gets to not go 100% for the year.  Preserves his body (if he needs it which who knows if he needs that) and allows the young guys to test drive the team while having someone who can save the day or tap the brakes on the court.

If Simmons isn't getting assists though I would bet his overall efficiency will drop a decent amount and since he can't shoot you might be taking a lot of playmaking ability out of his arsenal.  That being said, lebron drawing double teams might allow him to develop as a shooter (does anyone even double lebron anymore or do they just accept that he is going to get his?).

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Jt told us LeBron would be a terrible fit in Philly and that they would be stupid to pursue him. Lmao. If he goes there, they will be in the Finals every single season.

Guess there is always one.

I can at least see the Sixers' players, especially Simmons, being hesitant to the prospect of LeBron. They think they're on the precipice of prolonged greatness (so did Orlando and OKC, for what that's worth), so the idea that they need help to put them over the top probably doesn't sit well.

"So let me get this straight: Bron comes in, takes over the ball, becomes the face of the franchise, we get heavily diminished credit when/if we win, and almost all of the blame if we don't. Well shit, sign me up!"

But that's completely irrelevant to management doing everything in their power to make it happen should LeBron show interest. You make the move, and expect smart basketball players to figure it the fuck out. Saying anything otherwise is basically like saying that, had Portland had the chance to sign MJ in '93, they should have passed because they already had Drexler, and "there's only one ball."

LBJ and Wade made it work just fine, and Wade isn't exactly Klay Thompson out there.

I apologize if this is more Sixers offseason and not Heat/Sixers, but it seems this thread is trending this way at the moment. I really really hope Mikal Bridges is available when 6ers pick. The outside shooting and addition of another guy that can D up multiple positions would fit in so seamlessly with what they're building. I'm a little worried the Lakers fucked that up by winning too much the last 6 weeks of the season.

I know they're def not going to pay JJ like they did last offseason; is the assumption that they're going to move on from him short of him agreeing to veteran min or MLE? And then use the cap space formerly occupied by his salary on a big fish, eg LBJ? 

Yeah, well the series just isn't that interesting. 76ers are clearly much stronger than the Heat, and should be done with them in 5. 

There is a slim chance that the 76ers get the #1 pick in this draft if the Kings pick wins the lottery, but only if it is #1 overall. It would be incredible if the 76ers won the lottery and got to select first to add more talent to this roster. 

10 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

I know they're def not going to pay JJ like they did last offseason; is the assumption that they're going to move on from him short of him agreeing to veteran min or MLE? And then use the cap space formerly occupied by his salary on a big fish, eg LBJ? 

That is the assumption. But I think they are open to paying him again on a one-year deal if the big fishes don't work out. Also think he might take less because he wants to stay in the northeast near his Brooklyn home (but the Nets/Knicks aren't realistic options).

Edited by Bartles