Media Bias

dcar00

23 hours ago, F250 said:

IMO, NPR is for members of polite society that use their passports-yes but not enough, debate on which university to send their kid to-not really she can decide that, choose Target over Walmart-you're goddamn right the ass much hotter in Target, only purchase Apple devices-lol no, overpay for coffee-cheap and black, like my soul, used to buy Teslas never have and never will and donate to NPR without a second thought-yes, time and money. It's not a beacon of leftwing journalism. It's for people that like to sniff their farts.

Honestly, I think NPR kind of sucks on the whole. About the only thing I like about them are the hourly news headlines my local affiliate plays. Having said that, NPR is by far the best US-based news source on the radio, period. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Honestly, I think NPR kind of sucks on the whole. About the only thing I like about them are the hourly news headlines my local affiliate plays. Having said that, NPR is by far the best US-based news source on the radio, period. 

I love Marketplace.

And I sweatergawd…I always like Birdnote when I catch it. Dear God, what happened to me?
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I regularly listen to Morning Edition/Market Place, All Things Considered, and Science Friday.

Let's not forget Texas Public Radio. Texas Matters, Fronteras and The Source which is San Antonio focused.

Public Radio is really fucking good.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I love Marketplace.

And I sweatergawd…I always like Birdnote when I catch it. Dear God, what happened to me?

Marketplace is awesome. 

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

I regularly listen to Morning Edition/Market Place, All Things Considered, and Science Friday.

Let's not forget Texas Public Radio. Texas Matters, Fronteras and The Source which is San Antonio focused.

Texas standard, morning edition, all things considered are my other favs.

bbc world on early early Friday mornings (like 4am) driving to the coast to go fishing is hella good.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, F250 said:

Science Friday is fucking awesome

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

NPR suffers from the affliction known as bâton dans le derriére. This infects everything they do, particularly their news/political coverage.

I used to enjoy their lighter Saturday broadcasts, but those have become more political and less funny in our present era. I just want to hear clever puns with underlying snobbery, not tired jokes dunking on terrible people.

It’s nice to be able to hear classical music on the radio even if they’re apparently contractually obligated to play Beethoven or Brahms every 3rd piece. I haven’t listened much in recent years to see if I can still hear Alec Baldwin’s gravelly voice introduce yet another performance of Beethoven 7. Bruce Adolphe’s piano puzzlers on performance today are fun though. Diane Rehm’s fart sniffing was worth it to hear Claude Bolling’s Toot Suite as the theme song.

Their local/state news coverage is quite good, complete with that awkward local NPR feel.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

That’s radio. And on the public tv side I’ve been enjoying the hell out of Frontline from PBS the last few days.  The News Hour is pretty good historically I haven’t sat to watch it in a few years.  I watch BBC on TV more than PBS and admit to flipping through the majors when events happen. But damn the big three are lazy and are just on a 20 min news loop and talking heads. It’s so bad.

Edited by troph

16 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

For a cougar, I would definitely consider sniffing her farts....

Diane-Rehm.jpeg

Diane Rhem would have been a cougar in the early 1990s. She is pushing 90 years old now and that isn't a cougar, that's weird fetish territory.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, F250 said:

Diane Rhem would have been a cougar in the early 1990s. She is pushing 90 years old now and that isn't a cougar, that's weird fetish territory.

Next someone is going to tell us about their Terry Gross fetish, hopefully, not over lunchtime.

2 hours ago, Truth Hurts said:

sorry to offend our big fans of The View @safe sex @Schulz2.0 LOL..

There are intelligent, rational women on that fine program

image.png.d52a139a3a790dc509f85b74580b9c00.png

Y'know, at least they title it "The View," implying that it has a viewpoint and is infotainment and not news.

Would that some other channels/networks were that candid with their infotainment.