2020 Texas Football Season Thread: Win or GTFO

texifornia

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Team had so many opportunities to win despite its shitty play. Other teams make big plays while we continue to step on our dicks when we have any success at all.

Yep. We were talented enough to recover from the F-team refs. We weren't well-coached enough.

29 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I know Herman emphasizes ball security, but I still cant get over how stupid of a play that was by Ingram. I get that he was tired, but you can't be that selfish in that situation.

Equally stupid to give him the ball a 3rd time when he was clearly gassed the 2nd time.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Aces_Full said:

Ingram shouldn’t have been too gassed.  Looked like he never got out of 3rd gear on the pass reception.  Defender sucked up that 10 yard cushion in no time.  

Yeah....not a good clip for NFL guys to see

6 minutes ago, Aces_Full said:

I mean have you ever seen his name on an All-Conference list?  Even 2nd or 3rd team?  He’s not the best back on his own team.  

Thought his lengthy film reel might at least get him some UDFA love. It’s happened for worse players.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, dcar00 said:

the converted QB is better and faster.

RoJo had 12.6 ypc but was only handed the ball 5 times.

Ingram should be a backup/3rd quarter change of pace back at best. He lacks power and explosiveness. He had the wide open pass drop against LSU. He made a boneheaded move by trying to stretch the ball out from the 1.5 yard line and lost us the TCU game. He just doesn't have the physical and mental tools to be a successful starting running back.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, victory88 said:

Yeah, I thought Ingram had NFL potential his freshman year.  He's a good college back, not great or elite.  I will bet my life savings he doesn't sniff the NFL draft.

I was thinking how common this has become for Texas players lately.  I mean, Collin Johnson looked All-World against USC as a freshman, Caden Sterns is a pre-season All-American this year based solely on his freshman year.  BJ Foster should be All-Conference but can't even start unless he pitches a fit and quits mid game.  Ingram showed flashes of potential but has regressed or at least not progressed.

Then you look at guys like Okafor that sucked early and is still barely average as a senior.  Cade Brewer same thing, he looked like a guy that could be built into something as a freshman and sophomore.  But here his is as a senior, and he can't block or catch.

Sure we get the Devin Duvernay or LJH that come on the scene as seniors out of nowhere, but where is the natural progression of good to great players, and average to good? 

Seems like we have been asking that question for what, like a decade or so?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Guess this fits thread title...  "Win or GTFO"

Guess we still have a culture problem here.  In addition to this, Coburn was asked about Cort Jaquess in today's media availability and he said teammates were "complaining" because he was "working so hard" on the scout team.  I'm sure it was somewhat in jest but still...

Edited by Hmmm

You honestly don’t know how good a Longhorn player is or could be with the pissy coaching they receive. During our decade of darkness how many players have went on to have a decent NFL career after being embarrassments in Austin? Coaching and talent evaluation still matter. And the players are not getting that at UT.

How many posters saw Malcolm Roach as an NFL tackle after watching him in a Longhorn uniform? And how many players have regressed from promising freshman play?

After all the shit we have seen from the clowns posing as coaches, I’m inclined to give more leeway to the on what they could possibly do.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

You honestly don’t know how good a Longhorn player is or could be with the pissy coaching they receive. During our decade of darkness how many players have went on to have a decent NFL career after being embarrassments in Austin? Coaching and talent evaluation still matter. And the players are not getting that at UT. 
How many posters saw Malcolm Roach as an NFL tackle after watching him in a Longhorn uniform? And how many players have regressed from promising freshman play?

After all the shit we have seen from the clowns posing as coaches, I’m inclined to give more leeway to the on what they could possibly do.

Gotta free these athletes up on defense and "LET THEM HUNT"

(Still see a lot of TEXAS players learning how to play in this new defense)

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1