I get more pissed off the more I think about it

Xcalibur

23 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I get it but no we won't, and no we won't.

Sucking sucks.

ISU is saying otherwise.

I think we will beat OU, because Tom knows he has to beat them to keep a bunch of BMDs happy.

And it's 2020.  So we will beat OU, and then lose a few more games to teams hovering around .500.

Yes we played like shit most of the game.  Yes the refs were jobbing us most of the game.  Yes we deserved to lose.  But this is what I’m most pissed off about:
We’re trailing 33-29 in the fourth quarter, and Keontay Ingram has just broken a couple big plays by sprinting a combined 60 yards to give us 1st and goal from TCU’s 1 yard line with 2:32 remaining on the clock.  All of the things I mentioned in the first couple lines of this post no longer matter.  The game is now firmly in our hands.  All we have to do to not lose at this point is either fail to score a touchdown or fumble the ball.  And we have 2:32 and 4 downs to do the first thing.  So let’s do it in the safest and most time consuming manner possible, shall we?
If I’m the Texas HC, at this point I have our guys run up the middle 3x, utilizing the full 40 second play clock each time.  If we score, great, if not, we remove 40 seconds from TCU’s chances of a comeback.  I specifically instruct our ball carrier to NOT make any risky end zone stretches, because being “stopped” on one or two of these 3 downs is actually sort of advantageous here.  In the event we get stopped on all 3, then we can try something clever and less predictable on 4th down.  But nothing is more important than ball security on downs 1-3.
Instead, what we actually did was hurry up to the line and immediately rush the guy who had just sprinted 60 yards and was probably a little winded.  For some reason he stretches the ball out haphazardly as if this was the final play of the game and there was no alternative. Ironically, it WAS the last play of the game for us because he fumbled at the goal line and we never saw the ball again.  But even if he had scored and not fumbled, TCU would have still gotten the ball back with about 2:30 left and timeouts to burn because we chose to snap the ball with 20 seconds left on the play clock.  Even a TCU field goal at the end would’ve sent it to overtime.  

There was no need at all to do things the way we did them in the final few minutes.  Our coaches need to have more situational awareness and trust our team to manage the game better than that.  We have inexplicably played games like this every year under Herman against less talented opponents.  All this is to say that Herman is not our guy, and it really sucks that we’re going to continue being mediocre for the years to come.

You should write a strongly worded letter...oh wait

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

ISU is saying otherwise.

I think we will beat OU, because Tom knows he has to beat them to keep a bunch of BMDs happy.

And it's 2020.  So we will beat OU, and then lose a few more games to teams hovering around .500.

Yeah no.  ISU is irrelevant.

I hope we beat OU.

We're not beating OU.

They are so much better coached than we are, it's not even like we're on the same planet.

But I certainly hope we win.

Ingram was completely gassed after two explosive plays back to back.
We should slowed down and subbed in Johnson. We should have called an Ehlinger run if we weren't going to sub Ingram.
Ingram was gassed and couldn't get there on the short dive and then reached out in desperation.
We slow down and let him catch his breath or substitute we win the game.

Wow your coaching prowess is only equaled by that of your superhero hindsight...

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

ISU is saying otherwise.

this team is not beating OU. can't wait to see TCU go 5-5.  they suck and we just lost to them.

15 minutes ago, Cajun said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13187849&f=1&nofb=1

^^Seeing that gif made me realize that Brian Cranston would make an excellent Dean Wormer if there's ever a re-make.

That said, there should never be a re-make.

a remake of animal house?  now that gets me more pissed the more I think about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

That will never happen here. Sideways passes to WRs 5 yards behind the LOS that net -2 yards on the play—tbat’s what we like. It’s the cool thing to do.

We ran 1 of these today, 2 if you include the TD pass to Rojo. Sam started 0/4, struggled to find rhythm, and finished well below 50%. We should have thrown a few more sideways passes to WRs. The one to a WR was a nice ball to Schooler we failed to block so he got nutted as he caught it.

Edited by B00M

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m pissed our RB got caught from behind in the first place. 

WE might have the slowest skill position guys in the Big 12.  Roschon, Keontay are absolutely below average in speed.  Both were caught from behind today.  Not sure if we're slowing them down or we just recruit them slower

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to run tempo. We should have slowed the game down to burn clock at that point. Dayton was trying to reward Ingram for his great play to give him the TD and even though I don’t agree with that at least that decision is defensible. Going hurry up on first down is Herman level grade retarded game management at its finest. Just a terrible, terrible game management decision by a very poor coach. 

Yep.. Bijan wanted to go in.  That was on Drayton, though tcu likely scores anyway.  Funny thing is we decided to slow things down with 7 minutes left and went three and out.

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

Oh yeah I love this one, he should've screamed more at the guys who decide the game. Sure that would've worked, just like Charlie in 2015

Would working the officials really hurt given the circumstances? If you see the kind of inexplicably poor and blatantly wrong calls made that directly hurt your team's ability to win? I'm pleading for Tom to even at least just seek out explanations from refs on some of the shitty calls. Hold them accountable. Ask for rules references. Whatever communication is necessary to have some sort of handle on it. It may look like poor form or something if you want to be haughty but it works. Saban, Urban, Dabo - all those guys work the refs. Charlie didn't do it enough either in his time here honestly. If by 2015 you mean that OK St game, that was an atrocity of officiation, even from unbiased, objective observers nationwide. Charlie would've been in the right to have roundhoused a few of those officials in that game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1