2020 NBA Offseason Thread (Abbreviated) -- Draft, Free Agency, Trades, etc

Patrick Bateman

12 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Just saw that Gordon Hayward wants a sign and trade to Indiana.  Indiana is offering Turner and McDermott for him and Ainge is asking for Turner and either Oladipo or Warren.  Ainge is such a prick but he does have some big balls.  Seems like a lot for Ainge to ask for a guy that is a free agent and can walk away and sign with the Knicks and you get nothing in return.

Turner is more valuable than Hayward at this point in their careers. 

2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Just saw that Gordon Hayward wants a sign and trade to Indiana.  Indiana is offering Turner and McDermott for him and Ainge is asking for Turner and either Oladipo or Warren.  Ainge is such a prick but he does have some big balls.  Seems like a lot for Ainge to ask for a guy that is a free agent and can walk away and sign with the Knicks and you get nothing in return.

This is why Ainge often ends up with nothing.    IND should tell him to eat a dick.   Turner alone is an even swap and he is someone they really need

9 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Dwight Howard tweets that he’s staying in LA, deletes the tweet, and now agrees to sign with the Sixers.

Him signing with PHI makes absolutely no sense.   They didnt have that much money so I cant imagine its much more than what he would get going back to LA and have another run at a title

Edited by d2o

1 minute ago, d2o said:

Him signing with PHI makes absolutely no sense.   They didnt have that much money so I cant imagine its much more than what he would get going back to LA and have another run at a title

He may like Doc..... or maybe just wants to be on the EC?  No idea..... does anyone really understand Dwight?

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He may like Doc..... or maybe just wants to be on the EC?  No idea..... does anyone really understand Dwight?

This is like the chick that finally gets a good dude, starts building a life and then decides its too boring and she go fucks the dude with a motorcycle who lives with his sister.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Does gs get any sort of cap/tax relief since Klay is out for the season?

I read that the league was changing how the tax was going to be enforced this yr because of the pandemic but I didnt get to in depth yet.

2 minutes ago, d2o said:

I read that the league was changing how the tax was going to be enforced this yr because of the pandemic but I didnt get to in depth yet.

My laymens understanding is that they are going to be taxed at the current rate, but there’s a possibility of a refund if revenue doesn’t meet a certain threshold.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Dwight Howard tweets that he’s staying in LA, deletes the tweet, and now agrees to sign with the Sixers.

I don't know that I've heard Daryl Morey directly talk shit about DH on pods, but I've for sure heard him listen to other ppl talk shit about him without Daryl exactly going to bat for Dwight

33 minutes ago, d2o said:

Meyers Leonard played 30 minutes in the playoffs for Miami. Not 30 minutes per game, 30 minutes total in all of the playoffs combined for a team that made it to the finals and played 21 total playoff games. And that's with their starting center injured in the finals when they needed to match up against a big lineup. This is the single dumbest fucking contract I've ever seen. 

15 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Meyers Leonard played 30 minutes in the playoffs for Miami. Not 30 minutes per game, 30 minutes total in all of the playoffs combined for a team that made it to the finals and played 21 total playoff games. And that's with their starting center injured in the finals when they needed to match up against a big lineup. This is the single dumbest fucking contract I've ever seen. 

The 2nd year is probably non-guaranteed.  Pat Riley ain’t fucking with his cap space next year.

Just now, conVINCEd said:

The 2nd year is probably non-guaranteed.  Pat Riley ain’t fucking with his cap space next year.

Yup.  All these moves are for Giannis next year.

Just saw that Montrezl Harrell is passing up more money with the Clippers and Charlotte to sign with the Lakers.  His agent happens to be Rich Paul.  It is really interesting how Rich Paul and his Klutch Sports Agency (which is partly owned by Lebron) seems to have a singular purpose of helping Lebron get a better team.  Seems like the NBA should do something about stuff like this.

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, d2o said:

Seems right.... can really score.  Can't play any defense.  I wanted the Spurs to pick him up a couple of years ago when he was bouncing around.  He's sort of like Kanter, instant interior offense off the bench.  

Now..... let's talk about overpaying.  My lord.

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Montrezl Harrell to the Lakers. That's going to leave a mark on the Clippers. Great pickup and for sure upgrade at backup C over Howard. I have a generally low opinion of Rob Pelinka but I really like what he's doing this offseason. 

Either this was his decision and he wanted to stay in LA badly or he's been grossly misrepresented because this is robbery...... For the Fucking MLE?  Best signing of UFA.  Can't beat it.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Either this was his decision and he wanted to stay in LA badly or he's been grossly misrepresented because this is robbery...... For the Fucking MLE?  Best signing of UFA.  Can't beat it.

Basically Lebron is his agent.  Rich Paul is Lebron's boy and he also part owns the agency Klutch sports.  Same thing happened with Anthony Davis.  Davis switched his agent to Rich Paul and then suddenly demanded that he wanted out of New Orleans but only to the Lakers where Lebron needed help.  Lebron has figured out how to rig the system between, The Heat, Cavs and now Lakers.  It's why as good as he is at basketball he will never be the GOAT compared to guys like Jordan, Abdul Jabbar, or Russell.

• Hook 'Em 1

Omfg Davis Bertans. My first memory of him was summer league, where he was just there observing shit. One of my friends, a spurs staffer, pointed him out to me in the stands and said, "Check out the new guy. People confuse him for an oversized eighth grader." And the fucking Wizards, like they just can't help themselves. 

8 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Basically Lebron is his agent.  Rich Paul is Lebron's boy and he also part owns the agency Klutch sports.  Same thing happened with Anthony Davis.  Davis switched his agent to Rich Paul and then suddenly demanded that he wanted out of New Orleans but only to the Lakers where Lebron needed help.  Lebron has figured out how to rig the system between, The Heat, Cavs and now Lakers.  It's why as good as he is at basketball he will never be the GOAT compared to guys like Jordan, Abdul Jabbar, or Russell.

Yes, I'm very aware of Lebron's bullshit and interest in Klutch Sports, but Harrell himself should understand he's worth a lot more than what he signed for..... so this must be something he wanted, if not, then he probably has cause to sue for mismanagement.  Joe Fuckin Harris just got almost 20 per.... Harrell should be worth at least 15-18 per.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yes, I'm very aware of Lebron's bullshit and interest in Klutch Sports, but Harrell himself should understand he's worth a lot more than what he signed for..... so this must be something he wanted, if not, then he probably has cause to sue for mismanagement.  Joe Fuckin Harris just got almost 20 per.... Harrell should be worth at least 15-18 per.

Yeah, Jeremi Grant just got 3 years and 60 million  Plumlee got more.  I should add that I hate the fucking Lakers with the passion of a 1000 burning suns and also hate Lebron so all of my hate is pretty much in one place when it comes to NBA teams.

37 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Seems right.... can really score.  Can't play any defense.  I wanted the Spurs to pick him up a couple of years ago when he was bouncing around.  He's sort of like Kanter, instant interior offense off the bench.  

Now..... let's talk about overpaying.  My lord.

That is just hilarious. Good for you Baetans. Get paid my nine fingered, ginger man.

So who is left in the West to take on the Lakers?  Warriors got killed with Klay's injury, Rockets have imploded, Denver just lost Plumlee and Grant (although I read that could be a sign and trade for Blake Griffin possibly).   Who is left as legit title contenders?  Mavs/Clips?  Is it going to be a cake walk to the Finals for the Lakers?

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

FUCK THIS LAKER BULLSHIT... 

(Maybe LeBron is adding him to some movie for extra compensation😁)

8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Feels like Kanter gets moved every offseason.  Back with the Blazers.  Pretty much guarantees Whiteside will be on the move, but widely expected.

Like Nik Stauskus before him, Henonjia is a guy who I simply can't understand why he can't get any serious traction with a team. Dude is obviously talented, but something (maybe confidence or IQ) prevents him from becoming a mainstay with a team.