2020 World Series - Dodgers vs Rays

CowtownHorn

10 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

That wasn’t Jansen’s fault at all.

Jansen got them into the position. A hit and then the walk to Arozarena wasn’t necessarily bad, because you sure didn’t want Jansen going after him. There were a couple balls that were borderline in that at bat, but ultimately he gave up the hit to Phillips which best case would have loaded the bases with 2 outs if played perfectly. With Meadows up next they had a good shot of getting out of it, but then the errors ended it. As hit or miss as Jansen has been after bad outings, can you even go back to him at this point?

None of it matters at this point, but riding Baez too far got them into the mess along with Kolarek. I hope Kershaw comes out and shuts them down and Roberts is smart enough to pull him before he gets too far into the game if he’s pitching well. He’s had as many (maybe more) good games as bad games at this point, so another solid one would be helpful.

1 hour ago, Brew said:

Jansen got them into the position. A hit and then the walk to Arozarena wasn’t necessarily bad, because you sure didn’t want Jansen going after him. There were a couple balls that were borderline in that at bat, but ultimately he gave up the hit to Phillips which best case would have loaded the bases with 2 outs if played perfectly. With Meadows up next they had a good shot of getting out of it, but then the errors ended it. As hit or miss as Jansen has been after bad outings, can you even go back to him at this point?

None of it matters at this point, but riding Baez too far got them into the mess along with Kolarek. I hope Kershaw comes out and shuts them down and Roberts is smart enough to pull him before he gets too far into the game if he’s pitching well. He’s had as many (maybe more) good games as bad games at this point, so another solid one would be helpful.

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Yeah it was - he didn't back up his catcher. If he does then Arozarena is dead to rights and the game is going to extras. It was a comedy of errors but Jansen is as responsible as anyone.

Yeah, after further review he did fuck up.  It was one of the most colossal collection of fuck ups in a single play I can recall.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Huge blown opportunity for the Rays. Can’t believe Dodgers got out of the 4th with no damage.

Can’t believe they attempted to steal home down by 1 with 2 outs. That is ballsy as hell and almost worked out.

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Solid effort by Kershaw.  Roberts clearly doesn’t want to let him go one batter too long.

I think I would have given him Margot, 2 pitches 2 outs should have given him the opportunity to finish. I think I would rather have him out there finishing the inning over May.