2020 World Series - Dodgers vs Rays

CowtownHorn

The thing about replacing Snell with Anderson is that it was the right move irrespective of the result. I like that Cash had the balls to make that move.

This right here encapsulates everything that is wrong with the pussy ass analytics above all else approach to sports these days.
  • Hook 'Em 1

This right here encapsulates everything that is wrong with the pussy ass analytics above all else approach to sports these days.

At most you can quibble about going with Anderson over another RHP reliever but taking out Snell was the right call.

The pussy move would have been to keep him in knowing that if he blows up nobody questions you. It takes guts to make a move you believe is correct knowing that if it doesn’t work out you’re going to take loads of shit for it form the hoopleheaded media.
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, HillaryFan420 said:

At most you can quibble about going with Anderson over another RHP reliever but taking out Snell was the right call.

The pussy move would have been to keep him in knowing that if he blows up nobody questions you. It takes guts to make a move you believe is correct knowing that if it doesn’t work out you’re going to take loads of shit for it form the hoopleheaded media.

Dude... go back to the rivers and lakes that you're used to. 

2 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

so you're taking both the stance that A)it was absolutely, 100%, unequivocally the right move, and B)that is was the gutsy, difficult decision to make. 

okie silly dilly dokie o.

5 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

Oh, Fozzz

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Fozzz will be along shortly to tell us all it was the correct move. 

7 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

Serious question why even employ a manager if you are just going to tell them to be your stats bitch and only do what the stats say and to ignore all feel for the game. Why not just have a fucking computer bleep bloop some numbers out and fucking save yourself some money.

Edited by Pam Cummings

As a neutral fan, fuck you Kevin Cash. You ruined any opportunity of a game 7 for any fans besides LA fans. Fucking loser. In no way shape or form do you pull Snell at that point. The game was over at that point. It fucked with Tampa mentally and a 1 run deficit right after it happened might as well been a 100 run deficit. They were toast. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Serious question why even employ a manager if you are just going to tell them to be your stats bitch and only make decisions based on stats and to ignore all feel for the game. Why not just have a fucking computer bleep bloop some numbers out and fucking save yourself some money.

Analytic dorks infiltrated sports and think their computers and models are smarter and more valuable than a set of eyes on the game of a coach or manager. A computer or model has zero feel for the game. They just spit out numbers and decisions in a vacuum. Use it as a reference, sure. But too many now rely on it to make their decisions. As you said, might as well just employ a super computer as managers and save some money.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Analytic dorks infiltrated sports and think their computers and models are smarter and more valuable than a set of eyes on the game of a coach or manager. A computer or model has zero feel for the game. They just spit out numbers and decisions in a vacuum. Use it as a reference, sure. But too many now rely on it to make their decisions. As you said, might as well just employ a super computer as managers and save some money.

I completely understand being big on stats as far as helping accumulate regular season wins. I do not understand it in the post season. It's a bunch of nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Serious question why even employ a manager if you are just going to tell them to be your stats bitch and only do what the stats say and to ignore all feel for the game. Why not just have a fucking computer bleep bloop some numbers out and fucking save yourself some money.

this is exactly what i said on this very board when Cash did this exact same thing on September 17th with Snell on the hill, yielding the exact same result it did tonight. why the fuck even have a manager? 

Edited by shadow_operative

No shit. Ironically, it was Roberts’ insistent automatic and constant analytics based pitching changes in the ‘17 Series that, in my dumbass opinion, contributed to the Astros winning.

this is the first time i ever remember that i, as a neutral fan, am watching a team win a championship and feeling absolutely zero happiness or joy for them. i'm just pissed at Cash and hurt for the Rays, and particularly Snell. I should be happy for all of the guys on LAD, particularly Kershaw, a Texan who trains with Skip Johnson, but tonight, all i feel is just hurt and anger at this fucktard Kevin Cash and his epically moronic blowing of the 2020 World Series.