The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Oh, that's going to go on for as long as Donald Trump is president, so strap in.

Gotcha.  We've established:

1 - You've read the first ten pages of the Mueller report.

2 - You can't comprehend arguments on this platform so any assumption that your comprehension skills regarding the report are suspect, if in fact, you actually read the entire report.

3 - Your default position is to hurl insults with anyone that may disagree.  This is the most despicable.

I really hope you're Louisiana educated like your twitter purveyor.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oh no I'm hurt you don't think I'm a good person....  What ever will I do ??!  

People were gonna vote for Hillary or Trump regardless of any subliminal messaging on any social platform.  There are not people who would be on the fence about either candidate. Both are about as polarizing as possible.

Hillarys campaign fucked up by not spending the dollars (and they had them to spend), or making appearances in the very states she ended up losing.  Bill bitched about both of those very facts during the election, often, and loudly. He called it right, but was ignored.  If you believe the premise set out in "Shattered".  

Second paragraph I can agree with 100%. The first one though is a known unknown. Have you been on Facebook lately? I've concluded that about half the people I grew up with are absolute morons who'd vote for Colonel Sanders because of his brave service to this country.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Very appropriate you'd use a work of fiction to compare Russias ability to sway the election.

I don’t verbally attack posters often but you’re making difficult for me to refrain from accusing you of insurmountable stupidity.

Just over the last ten years the Russian government has overthrown multiple democracies by way of election interference/rigging, outright assassination/coup attempts, and malign influence operations.  

If you can’t see that’s what they did in 2016 and succeeded beyond their wildest dreams, I don’t know what to tell you. 

45 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Second paragraph I can agree with 100%. The first one though is a known unknown. Have you been on Facebook lately? I've concluded that about half the people I grew up with are absolute morons who'd vote for Colonel Sanders because of his brave service to this country.

Oh its all true, all 3 paragraphs.

1.  I don't care, and if you base your relationships on political standing then you'll have a very small, boring, group think gaggle of friends.  2.  The die was cast for voters on both sides, and 3.   she ran a shitty campaign.

I'm on Facebook.  It's a good way to be connected with friends who live in other parts of the country. I use it as a pretty much strictly social format, and ignore all the political BS that get's thrown up by both sides (yep went there, both sides).  All partisan that shit that wasn't gonna sway anybody to do shit but laugh.  Really stupid ass memes are alive and well on FB.

Hugo,  I have no doubts Russia is playing games, and we should do everything we can do to stop it. 

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The deniers will continue to search for a smoking gun while standing in the middle of a massacre. 

my point is that it actually hurts the case, because plenty of idiotic mouth-breathing americans are willing to say "well it didn't affect the election results so none of the other stuff really matters."

it makes people look like bitter sore losers trying to relitigate hillary - that's how the right is spinning it, and some are willing to accept it. 

the only reason the election results are relevant in the first place is because it put trump in position to obstruct the shit out of everything.

Found the smoking gun.  We must harden our "electorate" against these sorts of attacks. 

The Russia-linked Internet Research Agency (IRA) may have tried to blackmail potential American recruits by setting up a fake anti-masturbation hotline, according to a new report prepared for the Senate Intelligence Committee. The IRA reportedly advertised its hotline on a fake Christian Facebook page, encouraging readers to reach out if they were “struggling with the addiction to masturbation.”

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/17/18144520/russian-troll-ira-senate-intelligence-committee-report-masturbation-hotline-blackmail

struggling-with-the-addiction-to-masturb

Edited by Anastasis

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Found the smoking gun.  We must harden our "electorate" against these sorts of attacks. 

The Russia-linked Internet Research Agency (IRA) may have tried to blackmail potential American recruits by setting up a fake anti-masturbation hotline, according to a new report prepared for the Senate Intelligence Committee. The IRA reportedly advertised its hotline on a fake Christian Facebook page, encouraging readers to reach out if they were “struggling with the addiction to masturbation.”

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/17/18144520/russian-troll-ira-senate-intelligence-committee-report-masturbation-hotline-blackmail

struggling-with-the-addiction-to-masturb

Don't beat it alone when you can beat it with Jesus. 

I’d like to hear more about this Colonel Sanders candidate. Sounds promising.
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

my point is that it actually hurts the case, because plenty of idiotic mouth-breathing americans are willing to say "well it didn't affect the election results so none of the other stuff really matters."

it makes people look like bitter sore losers trying to relitigate hillary - that's how the right is spinning it, and some are willing to accept it. 

the only reason the election results are relevant in the first place is because it put trump in position to obstruct the shit out of everything.

President Obama knew it was going on, and didn't say anything about it (Trumps campaign was told of it correct ?).  He said point blank Russia couldn't hack our elections.  Was he wrong, was our intelligence community lying to him ?  Had Hillary won there wouldn't be anything being screamed about this issue.

That it didn't hurt our process isn't so much the issue as some saying it actually swayed the process. Big difference between those comments. It shouldn't be happening, and we should do everything possible to protect the system.  

1 hour ago, Poolflood said:

To be fair y'all been fucking the Mueller report chicken for two years.  And I've yet to see crusher call any of y'all a Nazi or racist

Probably because, to a Trump supporter, that's the equivalent of calling them "fine people."

19 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

President Obama knew it was going on, and didn't say anything about it (Trumps campaign was told of it correct ?).  He said point blank Russia couldn't hack our elections.  Was he wrong, was our intelligence community lying to him ?  Had Hillary won there wouldn't be anything being screamed about this issue.

That it didn't hurt our process isn't so much the issue as some saying it actually swayed the process. Big difference between those comments. It shouldn't be happening, and we should do everything possible to protect the system.  

You can thank McConnell for that and if you didn’t know that then you’re too uninformed to be a part of the discussion.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It shouldn't be happening, and we should do everything possible to protect the system.  

i agree.  has trump condemned it publicly?  has he taken the opportunity to express his strong feelings about this to putin and tell him to knock it off?

one thing we can all agree on, per the mueller report, is the sweeping and systematic interference on our election by russia, so the logical step would be to assure americans that their democratic processes are safe.

3 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Below link provides an interview with Jim Baker, former general counsel of the FBI during the initiation of the FBI's investigation into Russia's contacts with the Trump Campaign.  He talks about intelligence received from a foreign agency about Popadop, Carter Page PhD's fisa application, how the fbi handles raw intelligence like the Steele reports, whether the fbi was conducting a coup, his impression of the 100+ pages in the mueller report on russia/trump campaign contacts, the impact of Trump's attacks on the fbi and intelligence community, and tons of other stuff.

He shares that Rod R. and leadership in Congress were fully briefed and on board with expanding the fbi investigation to Trump himself after Comey's firing.

He notes that election system security is his primary concern going forward.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/lawfare-podcast-bonus-edition-jim-baker-russia-investigation

A friendly interview.  In the Lawfare/Brookings Institute interview, he seems to acknowledge it likely that the OIG will find some issues around the FISA process, and tries to create a buffer around it as hindsight and distance from himself by deflecting about things that he didn't know at the time, and facts that existed in the bureau and known by others but not by me, I made the best decisions with the information I had. Fair enough Jim.   Here's his congressional testimony under less friendly circumstances. He seems to acknowledge a number of deviations from standard operating procedures. 

https://dougcollins.house.gov/sites/dougcollins.house.gov/files/BakerRedacted.pdf?

While we are talking about origin stories, can someone remind me what the predicate was for opening Crossfire Hurricane, and who the initial targets of the investigation were?

Edited by Anastasis

47 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

A friendly interview.  In the Lawfare/Brookings Institute interview, he seems to acknowledge it likely that the OIG will find some issues around the FISA process, and tries to create a buffer around it as hindsight and distance from himself by deflecting about things that he didn't know at the time, and facts that existed in the bureau and known by others but not by me, I made the best decisions with the information I had. Fair enough Jim.   Here's his congressional testimony under less friendly circumstances. He seems to acknowledge a number of deviations from standard operating procedures. 

https://dougcollins.house.gov/sites/dougcollins.house.gov/files/BakerRedacted.pdf?

While we are talking about origin stories, can someone remind me what the predicate was for opening Crossfire Hurricane, and who the initial targets of the investigation were?

George Pops's drunken blabbering.

6 hours ago, Dolemite said:

No Trump hater here gives a shit. That took me a long time to realize that. At first, I actually thought this thread was for a serious discussion lol. Now this thread, when I bother to read it that is, is for comic relief only. The sooner you realized that the better off you will be.

Any sentient person who reads vol 2 sees the clear case of obstruction.  To deny that is to admit one's inability to comprehend the written word.  More importantly, the Crusher statement you sympathize with makes the post hoc and irrelevant statement that the accusations were false (as opposed to eventually not proven) and that dishonesty and in fact obstructions are simple tools of the presidency. 

It's an especially stupid fucking point because Mueller essentially tells the Congress that they need to be the one's to take the baton from here.  Hardly something that someone within the galaxy of reporting an exoneration would say.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think it was intelligence we got from the Circus.  Percy Alleline's Operation Witchcraft if I'm not mistaken.

Old boy.

• Haha 1

Any sentient person who reads vol 2 sees the clear case of obstruction.  To deny that is to admit one's inability to comprehend the written word.  More importantly, the Crusher statement you sympathize with makes the post hoc and irrelevant statement that the accusations were false (as opposed to eventually not proven) and that dishonesty and in fact obstructions are simple tools of the presidency. 
It's an especially stupid fucking point because Mueller essentially tells the Congress that they need to be the one's to take the baton from here.  Hardly something that someone within the galaxy of reporting an exoneration would say.

Well if it as clear and obvious as you say, then the Democratic leadership would already be beginning impeachment, and yet that hasn’t happened.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

"Crossfire Hurricane began with a focus on four campaign officials. But by mid-fall 2016, Mr. Page’s inquiry had progressed the furthest. Agents had known Mr. Page for years. Russian spies tried to recruit him in 2013, and he was dismissive when agents warned him about it, a half-dozen current and former officials said. That warning even made its way back to Russian intelligence, leaving agents suspecting that Mr. Page had reported their efforts to Moscow.

"Relying on F.B.I. information and Mr. Steele’s, prosecutors obtained court approval to eavesdrop on Mr. Page, who was no longer with the Trump campaign."

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Crossfire Hurricane began with a focus on four campaign officials.

Correct. 

So let's recap.  Crossfire Hurricane was initiated as the result of a wire from Australia indicating that one of their diplomats had had contact with Papadopoulos, and that Papadopoulos had indicated that "the Trump Campaign had received indications from the Russian government that it could assist the Campaign through the anonymous release of information that would be damaging to candidate Clinton" (Mueller Report). Upon receiving this information, the FBI immediately opens an investigation focused on...Carter Page, Paul Manafort, and Michael Flynn...in addition to Papadopoulos.  Huh, curious and rather specific selection of targets. There are a wide range of individuals involved with the Trump campaign at this point.  Many that would be worthy of investigation for potential Russian contact.  Interesting that these three were tacked on to Papadopoulos, and only these three? What do those three individuals all have in common with each other, in terms of information flowing through the Bureau contemporaneous to launching this investigation?  What do we think served as the basis for that targeting when Crossfire Hurricane was initiated in July 2016. I mean, we know it wasn't dossier information right? That only reached the FBI in September. Huh, curious. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Well if it as clear and obvious as you say, then the Democratic leadership would already be beginning impeachment, and yet that hasn’t happened.

Or the democratic leadership could be calling key witnesses to testify to corroborate and follow up on the Mueller Report.

Oh wait, they are doing that but Trump is forbidding them to testify. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, David Dennison said:

In the case of the SC, it's conspiracy with Russians.

There is still the matter of the 14 other investigations that have been farmed out to other U.S. attorneys.

The conspiracy was between the Obama Administration and the Hilary campaign.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

The Obama (spygate) conspiracy false narrative is a nice setup to allow Trump to get away with going after his political rivals with the intelligence community. 

Because you know that’s exactly what is going on here and when he gets called out on it his supporters will ramble on about but Obama and FISA abuse.  

Fucking morons

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Obama (spygate) conspiracy false narrative is a nice setup to allow Trump to get away with going after his political rivals with the intelligence community. 

Because you know that’s exactly what is going on here and when he gets called out on it his supporters will ramble on about but Obama and FISA abuse.  

Fucking morons

This is correct

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Correct. 

So let's recap.  Crossfire Hurricane was initiated as the result of a wire from Australia indicating that one of their diplomats had had contact with Papadopoulos, and that Papadopoulos had indicated that "the Trump Campaign had received indications from the Russian government that it could assist the Campaign through the anonymous release of information that would be damaging to candidate Clinton" (Mueller Report). Upon receiving this information, the FBI immediately opens an investigation focused on...Carter Page, Paul Manafort, and Michael Flynn...in addition to Papadopoulos.  Huh, curious and rather specific selection of targets. There are a wide range of individuals involved with the Trump campaign at this point.  Many that would be worthy of investigation for potential Russian contact.  Interesting that these three were tacked on to Papadopoulos, and only these three? What do those three individuals all have in common with each other, in terms of information flowing through the Bureau contemporaneous to launching this investigation?  What do we think served as the basis for that targeting when Crossfire Hurricane was initiated in July 2016. I mean, we know it wasn't dossier information right? That only reached the FBI in September. Huh, curious. 

And? So what?

Your recent obsession with the start of the investigation into Trump and his campaign and associates undeniable involvement with the Russians is very odd. If your true motivation is your problems with the criminal justice system maybe you should either post on or start a thread about that. 

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Correct. 

Is your assumption that the current public information, referenced in your post, is ALL the information to contextualize? I think we are dealing with at max 50% of the details. We don't know what was told to us from other governments, we don't know what other information was known already in the IC based on previous or current investigations. There are a wide array of dots that we don't get to connect because we aren't privy to the full picture. I think you weigh too heavily your disdain of the IC when making your assumptions. 

11 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Bitches about twats, posts gif after gif...

for the record, I enjoy both. 

As you should. Gifs have ability to convey a range of communication that may not be captured adequately by the written word.

Edited by Anastasis

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This is a wonderful display of the poisonous combination of the traditional conservative/republican values of solipsism, moral relativism, and nihilism. A little of this, a pinch of that, and you have the modern Republican Party and a conservative movement that believes in nothing.

Edited by Mole

This is a wonderful display of the poisonous combination of the traditional conservative/republican values of solipsism, moral relativism, and nihilism. A little of this, a pinch of that, and you have the modern Republican Party and a conservative movement that believes in nothing.

Interesting comment given I’m not Republican, have never been a Republican, voted for Obama, didn’t vote for Trump, and am not planning to vote for Trump. But yet somehow that’s the assumption you made. It’s because you put everything you see and read in only your own frame of reference. You just can’t possibly see any other viewpoint on any issue. How predictable.

Edit: and you obviously haven’t read the thread posts recently or you wouldn’t have lobbed in that comment which makes no sense given the context of the thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:
2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

This is correct

Then what you said makes even less sense.

Solid gold.

Lemme guess....you have "read it" and anyone and everyone who has also "read it" either is lying or "doesn't know how to read?"

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Fucking morons

and this has to be a bit at this point.

wake up the echoes, assholes....y'all got this. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

your usual addition of nothing. 

no, tard....YOU CAN'T read (giggle, giggle Wild Cat /Jimmy James)

I do know this....you are the problem, Hobbes.......YOU.  

This echo chamber has made you worse, not better. 

When they say that we have the government that we deserve, they are talking about YOU.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1