NFL Week 8 thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

That was a great moment no matter which team you supported. We all knew Courtland had it coming and Andre had just reached his limit of bs. So badass. I used to watch that clip at the start of every season. Andre just punching away at his helmet. 

To piss Andre off you have to be one annoying mf'er. That beat down was spectacular. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

LOL @ 20 jumping on his back.

The best ass kicking was Michael Westbrook on Stephen Davis. He damn near killed him.

2d036b86e5b437c91021df2520a4ad7b.jpg

Also a great beatdown. I’m still going with Andre vs Courtland bc Courtland’s reaction after was spectacular. 

Chargers appear to be set for a decade with the Herbert. He’s legit and apparently also their emergency punter now. Apparently the last week he was playing around in practice and kicking/punting and the coaches saw him launch a few over 50 yds and were like “sooooo...” 

42 minutes ago, Bigbend1812 said:

I’m beginning to think Sean Peyton is Tom Herman 

Tom Herman is comparable to a coach who has made the playoffs 8 of his 13 seasons, has won his division 6 of 13 years, won coach of the year, has a Super Bowl ring, is in the top 25 of all-time total wins and is a surefire first-ballot hall of famer?

Huh. That's, uh.. a take.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Tom Herman is comparable to a coach who has made the playoffs 8 of his 13 seasons, has won his division 6 of 13 years, won coach of the year, has a Super Bowl ring, is in the top 25 of all-time total wins and is a surefire first-ballot hall of famer?

Huh. That's, uh.. a take.

Just some of the play calling today.  Not the body of work.   Tom is messing with my emotions. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bigbend1812 said:

Just some of the play calling today.  Not the body of work.   Tom is messing with my emotions. 

A lot of that is on Brees and the wind today. Brees can't drive the ball into the wind. He can barely drive the ball in the still air of the Dome. Payton's playbook is pretty limited in an outdoor situation with wind like Chicago.

This is a pretty hot take, but the Saints are going to be better next year if they can just find a replacement-level starting QB that can throw the ball downfield.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

A lot of that is on Brees and the wind today. Brees can't drive the ball into the wind. He can barely drive the ball in the still air of the Dome. Payton's playbook is pretty limited in an outdoor situation with wind like Chicago.

This is a pretty hot take, but the Saints are going to be better next year if they can just find a replacement-level starting QB that can throw the ball downfield.

Whoa. Was gonna type something else but then that sack. 

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah, the Bears suck. This is just a team that has a badass defense and gets lucky every now and then on O.

Somehow Matt Nagy failed to see six games worth of tape that shows that if you run any play besides "deep ball" against the Saints' secondary, you're being a terrible coach.

15 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Somehow Matt Nagy failed to see six games worth of tape that shows that if you run any play besides "deep ball" against the Saints' secondary, you're being a terrible coach.

The mere fact that he’s hired as a HC before Bieniemy is criminal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

DK is very good at football
Russell is very good at football
I'm enjoying watching them play football.

Jimmy G shouldn't have started, his ankle was fucked from beginning he couldn't plant and throw. They got behind and never established their outside zone running game, Seattle did great setting the edge, and they had to play from behind without a qb. Bobby Wagner had himself a game. Him and KJ are still an ELITE LB duo.

Kind of a weird game to watch. Seattle only had one healthy RB, 4th on depth chart. Obviously one dimensional. Didn't matter, still moved the ball and put points up, no turnovers. Niners looked really good last weak. Maybe NE just really has regressed that badly. Niners looked like ass today. Ten point game felt like a twenty point game. Don't even feel like Seattle played that well, Niners just looked so bad.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Glad to see the Saints get the win but that was some odd decision making there at the end. 

Seriously. Take 2 knees at least. 

Also, there was a third Westlake QB involved in the game today. Jay Rodgers is the Bears DL coach. He was our QB before Drew. 

Edited by 4th&Five

Agreed on the decision making. Why not run a couple of inside runs, or just take a couple of knees and run the clock down so that the worst-case scenario is a tie?

All in all there was some ugliness on the Saints' part but it was a road win in the cold on grass, both things the Saints historically struggle with, missing WRs 1, 2, and 4, against a good squad. I'll take it.