Are we going to do a Bowl Pick'em Contest this year?

BigOrange1

On 12/16/2020 at 1:11 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

If you lose big early, you’re not supposed change your picks in later games or something because picking the favorites like everybody else will make up little ground...I think that’s what I debated with him about one year

Wrong. You are supposed to change your picks to underdogs. You are right that picking the favorites will only help you make up a little ground. But I don’t feel like dealing with bowl cancellations etc for a $25 pool this year. Good luck. 

11 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Haha there he is. 

Always. I see somebody has already broken out the silliest argument, that my performance invalidates my strategy. The best golf instructors can’t break par. Anyway good luck all. And if anybody wants advice on “game theory optimal” advice, I’m available.  But remember, if everybody is buying(picking favorites) then sell sell and if everybody is selling then buy buy.

eye roll unimpressed GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Edited by Irieguy

8 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Try it now and let me know

I'd take the *'s out of column B and it will sort better. looks great, though. helps because I was of the understanding there would be no math...

Edited by tejas60
or spelling errors

17 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

I'd take the *'s out of column B and it will sort better. looks great, though. helps because I was of the understanding there would be no math...

I wish I could take them out. But that data is directly imported from ESPN. So it's their data. But let me see what I can do

Edited by Jameslaw121

so my wife is going to have our first baby tomorrow and i did not make it in to the office today.  from a glance, the only one i am not sure about is squishmitten.  that would also make sense as 20 * $25 is $500 and that's what has been sent to my paypal and venmo from this pool.

20 entries, 70/30 split between first and 2nd place means $350 to first place and $150 to second place.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

so my wife is going to have our first baby tomorrow and i did not make it in to the office today.  from a glance, the only one i am not sure about is squishmitten.  that would also make sense as 20 * $25 is $500 and that's what has been sent to my paypal and venmo from this pool.

20 entries, 70/30 split between first and 2nd place means $350 to first place and $150 to second place.

Thanks for the info and congrats on becoming a dad!

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

Congrats sir. Hope fatherhood is everything you wanted and then some. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Irieguy said:

How are you guys adjusting your strategy to deal with all the cancellations? TCU / Arkansas cancelled. 

I’m not. It’s a $25 entry fee tournament and during the holidays. Set it, forget it, and watch the scores. We’re not in the WSOP working on a multi-million dollar rake. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Congrats! And you’re correct. I put my picks in late and missed the first 7ish games so I didn’t put any money in. Just here to hopefully make somebody feel bad about themselves!
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/4/2021 at 12:37 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

@HornOnTheBayou This has been a tough call. And I'm not actually sure which way I'm going to go. Generally speaking, I'm not normally in this position.

I think I'm going to go OSU. If I did maths correctly, that means my worst case scenario is 2nd place.

@HornOnTheBayou

2 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Nice work, sir. The bigger issue is that Emmett picked Ohio St, so if they pull off the upset, I end up in 3rd.

Yeah, if you and he had picked OSU, it would have left me with a max $75 win. so I was hopping you or he would. And, I didn't realize this until after the game started. But Emmett is my nephew. He's @Knoxtnhorn kid. So, now I'm kinda rooting for OSU just because of that.

I mean, how much shit talking will be going on next time I'm over a knox's