2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

7 Game series.  Think the Stars on LA will be too much and they take it.  But the Clippers were bitches trying to avoid the Lakers, and got a much tougher opponent than the Lakers in round 1 would be IMO.

I think it will be 7 games but I just don't know who to pick. I don't think the Clips are as good as last year and we're much healthier going into this one. I'm not sure if it's enough to get us over the hump or not, but I will say, this is Rick's time to shine. I've complained about him this year, but he's a major advantage over Lue. Kawhi has also been hobbled the last month or so. We'll see if he can just turn it on after not playing much. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Clips winning in 5 or sweeping would be more realistic than this getting to 7. The Carlisle distinct advantage over Lue is overblown. Carlisle hasn’t done anything for 10 years, and cannot do it with this bunch. 

Shut the fuck up

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Clips winning in 5 or sweeping would be more realistic than this getting to 7. The Carlisle distinct advantage over Lue is overblown. Carlisle hasn’t done anything for 10 years, and cannot do it with this bunch. 

You cannot be serious with this take. Like...none of this is even close. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Totally serious. We’ll see. Hope I’m wrong. If we come out and beat them Game 1, then series on. If we lose tomorrow we are gonna lose in 6 at best.  

That’s not what your previous reply said. You said it’s more likely we get swept than take the series to 7. There’s no way you honestly believe that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

"Carlisle hasn't done anything in 10 years" said by someone who obviously hasn't watched any basketball since 2011.

What he did with trash teams from like 14-16, while be submarined by Rondo on one of those runs, absolutely shows how good he's been.

You can't complain about his rotations and not playing the rookies or whatever.  But in game?  He's elite.  He's run circles around Lue THIS season already. Especially in their last game when they made adjustments and closed it down the stretch.

Also losing Game 1 does NOT mean the series is already over.  Jesus christ.

Edited by Drew
  • Like 1

I disagree with Jefferson about Luka and not fouling Kawhi on the break away. A monster dunk in that situation could have created some momentum.
I would try Burke, Powell, or Green to close out the half. We need some more energy right now.

Agree on Powell especially. Ready to see some defense/rebounding presence