2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
6 hours ago, CBT said:
Playoff games at the AAC are some of the loudest sporting events I've ever been to. 

Yep. I never went to any at Reunion so can't compare but I was at game 1 and 5 of the 2011 WCF against OKC and then games 4 and 5 of the Finals against Miami. Those games were fucking rocking in the stands.

I’ve been to a couple of playoff hockey games at reunion. It was nuts. Loved that place. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
9 hours ago, CBT said:
Playoff games at the AAC are some of the loudest sporting events I've ever been to. 

Yep. I never went to any at Reunion so can't compare but I was at game 1 and 5 of the 2011 WCF against OKC and then games 4 and 5 of the Finals against Miami. Those games were fucking rocking in the stands.

The crowd after Terry buried that 3 in Lebron's ass was the loudest shit I've heard my entire life. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Are those real stats? That's funny.

Apparently Lori Markkanen wants to come to Dallas to play with Luca and KP. That's a no dawg for me.

Where you seeing that? I had high hopes he was going to be a player, but it just seems like it hasn't worked out. 

Sign me up. I think he'd be a good fit here. Really like his game. I haven't watched a lot of Bulls games, but it may just be a 'fit' thing there. Maybe he'll give us a discount to come play with the defending champs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Where you seeing that? I had high hopes he was going to be a player, but it just seems like it hasn't worked out. 

lots of sources.  android pushes stories to my phone so i'm not sure who broke it, but the rumors started friday night after our win.  i think they might have started with joe cowley, a beat write for the chicago sun-times.  he said...

So where might Markkanen end up? The one place he privately wants to land is with the Mavericks, joining guard Luka Doncic and big man Kristaps Porzingis. 

14 minutes ago, CBT said:

Sign me up. I think he'd be a good fit here. Really like his game. I haven't watched a lot of Bulls games, but it may just be a 'fit' thing there. Maybe he'll give us a discount to come play with the defending champs. 

he seems like a KP lite to me, i'd much rather we use our assets to get nikola vucevic lite. 

shoot let's sign markkanen and work out a trade with chicago for vucevic.  

20 hours ago, bluto said:

Based on stubhub prices I’m expecting game 3 to be absurdly loud even if not full capacity

I'm not convinced it's really "near capacity".  I was looking at tix the minute they went on sale to public on Saturday.  There were no lower level and only singles in platinum.   Then in upper level it was still the stupid "pod" seating of 2, 3 or 4 with what appeared to be lots of empty seats.   I just passed.  I wouldn't mind sitting up top at all with my kid but he's too young for a late night playoff game.  And no real desire to sit at 300 level with friends or my wife.  Would rather go to a bar.  So I think stuhhub prices not only reflect significant demand but also I'm guessing they are only selling somewhere between 12K to 14K.   Which seems dumb (and I get it's the NBA's, not Cuban's call).   I mean is there really a difference risk level at 14K vs. 20K?  If you are going to a fucking playoff game where screaming/yelling is a given, you better be willing to accept COVID risks.   Now that every single person that wants to be vaxxed has had a chance to get 2 shots just open it up and let those willing to accept the risk enjoy a sold out crowd.

18 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

I really hope they try this. Kawhi is not going to be able to handle 100% on both ends. I suppose we wouldn’t be surprised anyway, but it’s weird to reveal your hand like this. 

The biggest mismatch in this series (outside of Beverly trying to guard Luka) is on the sidelines.

18 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

This.  Absolute pandemonium.  I hugged people I didn’t know.

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
18 hours ago, threesheets said:
The crowd after Terry buried that 3 in Lebron's ass was the loudest shit I've heard my entire life. 

Sure was! My buddy got that shot filmed on his phone. That was a wild night.

Kiddo and I leaving that game, walking in front of some sucka ass bitch. We went on live with Channel 8 right after that.  Great night:

Girl-Dad-Game-5.jpg

Edited by threesheets
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CBT said:

I'd be down for him.  Of course he looks bad on that Bulls team. He'd be in a much better flowing offense here.

BUT, I'm not sure I'd want both he AND KP on the team.  Move KP for a true 2nd scorer and we're talking.

On 5/23/2021 at 3:44 PM, Vic Mackey said:
On 5/23/2021 at 9:40 AM, CBT said:

So we had season tickets for the Mavs back in the 80's.  the 1988 WCF games against Magic/kareem/Worthy were the loudest sustained noise games I've ever been to especially the games 3 and 4 where we were kicking their ass.  

price of a 1981 lower level corner seat $8.50, courtside $12.00.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

So we had season tickets for the Mavs back in the 80's.  the 1988 WCF games against Magic/kareem/Worthy were the loudest sustained noise games I've ever been to especially the games 3 and 4 where we were kicking their ass.  

price of a 1981 lower level corner seat $8.50, courtside $12.00.

Reunion was louder, by a large margin,  due to being a much smaller building, but Terry sticking that 3 in Lebron’s face was a unique, one-off play.  Every person in the building was convinced we were winning the title when that bucket went through the net.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Reunion was louder, by a large margin,  due to being a much smaller building, but Terry sticking that 3 in Lebron’s face was a unique, one-off play.  Every person in the building was convinced we were winning the title when that bucket went through the net.

Yep. Leaving the AAC that night, I had no doubt we were going to bring home the title, likely in game 6. Was a great year for DFW sports.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

The party in Old #7 post game was like we already won it.  What a great run that was.  10 years ago.  Damn.

• Hook 'Em 1

another story from the 80's.  you could buy a half season. you would play 2 games against the East teams (1 home 1 away).  one half season ticket holder would get Philly/Dr. J and the other would get the Celtics/Bird. (side note: when jordan showed up  after his first year you got Bulls and Philly, other got Celtics and I think Pistons)

we knew the people who had the other half season so in 86 we got both Philly and Celtics.  I was at UT but would drive up for these games during the year.

1986 Bird dropped 50 points but Mavs won by one 116-115

1986 Philly tied 120-120 and then this happened...

these were some pretty loud crazy games.  NBA 80's basketball was the bomb.  Reunion would fucking rock when we were competitive against those teams for about a 5-6 year period.

I was a huge Dr. J fan.  hated the Lakers.  didn't really have an opinion on Bird but rooted for the Celtics when playing the Lakers.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

another story from the 80's.  you could buy a half season. you would play 2 games against the East teams (1 home 1 away).  one half season ticket holder would get Philly/Dr. J and the other would get the Celtics/Bird. (side note: when jordan showed up  after his first year you got Bulls and Philly, other got Celtics and I think Pistons)

we knew the people who had the other half season so in 86 we got both Philly and Celtics.  I was at UT but would drive up for these games during the year.

these were some pretty loud crazy games.  NBA 80's basketball was the bomb.  Reunion would fucking rock when we were competitive against those teams for about a 5-6 year period.

I was a huge Dr. J fan.  hated the Lakers.  didn't really have an opinion on Bird but rooted for the Celtics when playing the Lakers.

I was there for that.  My dad and grandfather bought the bonds and had season tickets from the first year.  We gave them up a few years ago.  Lower-level center court on the aisle about halfway up.  They got real expensive, and to offset that we just went to fewer games and sold the rest in 5 game packages.  Then we ran out of people willing to buy the 5 game packages when we started sucking.  $25k in basketball tickets just wasn’t in our budget.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don't know how I feel about this one tonight. As far as I'm concerned, job #1 was to get one of these at their place and that is done. I'm thinking the Clips will probably shoot a lot better tonight and we probably come to Dallas tied up.

Only wild card, to me, is KP having a nice bounce back game. Out of curiosity, I looked at last year's series and didn't realize KP had a very similar stat line in game 1 to the game played on Saturday. In game 2 he came back with 23 pts and 7 boards and carried a lot of weight for Luka who only played 28 minutes due to foul trouble. 

12 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Stellar defensive call there Dick.

image.png

Edited by threesheets

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

And also the game being blacked out for many of us.  /not racist

It's fucking stupid. I don't have Bally Sports but I do have NBATV. But it will be blacked out in the local markets because of antiquated location rules these sports have and their broadcast contracts. So I will have to find a stream.

As CBT said, the wack ass Bucks/Heat game could have gone on there. This series has a lot of starpower and interest around the NBA fanbases. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's fucking stupid. I don't have Bally Sports but I do have NBATV. But it will be blacked out in the local markets because of antiquated location rules these sports have and their broadcast contracts. So I will have to find a stream.

As CBT said, the wack ass Bucks/Heat game could have gone on there. This series has a lot of starpower and interest around the NBA fanbases. 

Google dallas mavericks streameast

• Hook 'Em 3

1.  Reunion Arena could be deafening.  Dallas Stars games were insanely loud during the Stanley Cup run.

2.  this feels like the Lakers series in 2011.  we won game one in LA, and everybody was happy that we took home court advantage back.  but the Mavs weren't happy, so they went ahead and won game 2, as well.  i have a similar feeling here.

3.  when i log on to my work computer and use the VPN, Google always thinks i'm either in the D.C. area or Chicago area.  maybe i'll see if i can use that and try to fake out YouTube TV into thinking i'm in one of those locales, so NBA TV won't black out the game here.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 2