2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

Just now, bluto said:

Kp came through the stretch and made an impact, gotta get 15-20 out of him every game. Huge effing win

Idk who made the entry pass... but the late in the shot clock inboundes where KP seal off that he drew a foul on and extended the lead from 3 to 5 was a quietly important moment. Yeah he pretty much stunk, but that was a big one

1 minute ago, bluto said:

And fuck Dave pasch too “stealing game 1”… led bell to bell nearly, including by double digits.

Luka was on some shit today, damn. Everything they threw at him. And DFS, big nuts.

Yeah wtf? I think we won all 4 quarters. We didn't fucking steal the game 

• Hook 'Em 1

Take it easy on Beeper, guys. He has an incredibly talented child who plays at an incredibly high level which affords him insight into the sport none of us could possibly achieve. It's the same reason he was able to tell the rest of us that Brennan Eagles is the best WR we've had on campus in years at the beginning of the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

KP is more of a liability than an asset

I disagree.

As the leader of the team Doncic has to recognize that KP is a bit of a headcase so he has to go out of his way earlier in the game to get him easier looks. KP is a total waste if all he's doing is launching deep ass 3s to start of the game.  Rule number one of a PG early in the game is to get your guys involved and give them confidence. Doncic is young and despite his great playmaking ability he isn't a true PG in terms of his temperament and awareness of the psychology of his teammates. KP is the guy who can lift the potential of this team. It's an absolute must to get him playing well if we have any chance at a surprise run this year. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I disagree.

As the leader of the team Doncic has to recognize that KP is a bit of a headcase so he has to go out of his way earlier in the game to get him easier looks. KP is a total waste if all he's doing is launching deep ass 3s to start of the game.  Rule number one of a PG early in the game is to get your guys involved and give them confidence. Doncic is young and despite his great playmaking ability he isn't a true PG in terms of his temperament and awareness of the psychology of his teammates. KP is the guy who can lift the potential of this team. It's an absolute must to get him playing well if we have any chance at a surprise run this year. 

Give me a #2 who’s not a pussy and needs to be coddled by the star. Him being a head case is a liability in and of itself, not to mention his shit play.

Hope he shows up and proves me wrong the rest of the series.

3 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

Give me a #2 who’s not a pussy and needs to be coddled by the star. Him being a head case is a liability in and of itself, not to mention his shit play.

Hope he shows up and proves me wrong the rest of the series.

Most number 2s have some sort of flaw and it's usually mental. Take a look at Paul George for instance. Plus KP is a big. He needs others to get him involved. . 

Rick had them prepared today. You could see the game plan depending on who was guarding Luka and how the Clips played the PnR. We executed the game plan perfectly.

A bit puzzling why Rick chose to abandon posting up Luka in the second half when Rondo guarded him. Maybe he felt we wouldn't be able to get the ball to Luka in the post because they'd help with a second man to deny entry.

I think KP's low usage today in the second half was KP's fault. Several times we were looking for him early in the shot clock but he just didn't work hard enough to establish position. I'd like to see him be used as the pivot on the FT line instead if we can't hit him in the post on the blocks.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Most number 2s have some sort of flaw and it's usually mental. Take a look at Paul George for instance. Plus KP is a big. He needs others to get him involved. . 

I understand where you’re coming from, but it’s not just mental with him. Throw in the absurd injury history and his complete disappearance when the team needs him most. Having to rely on him to show up (play wise or injury wise) to win in the playoffs will probably not end well.

KP is a liability as far as number 2s go.

• Hook 'Em 1

Rick had them prepared today. You could see the game plan depending on who was guarding Luka and how the Clips played the PnR. We executed the game plan perfectly.

A bit puzzling why Rick chose to abandon posting up Luka in the second half when Rondo guarded him. Maybe he felt we wouldn't be able to get the ball to Luka in the post because they'd help with a second man to deny entry.

I think KP's low usage today in the second half was KP's fault. Several times we were looking for him early in the shot clock but he just didn't work hard enough to establish position. I'd like to see him be used as the pivot on the FT line instead if we can't hit him in the post on the blocks.

“Rick needs to be fired. He’s overrated and hasn’t done shit in a decade”
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m pumped. I still think we lose in 6 games, but if we’re gonna win, we had to get this one. And I make a habit of never responding seriously to Drew, but Vegas had us losing in 5 games, and Rick had NOT done anything in 10 years - I don’t care about his management of piss poor rosters in down years.

I still think this is a really flawed team, primarily defensively. We had a crazy shooting day while the Clippers were awful from 3. That won’t last. But I’m no wop genius like @TommyGufano

Blah blah blah...and the Clippers only had 5 turnovers and KP played like shit. Plenty of things can change from game to game, but the Mavericks look like the better team. The Mavericks aren't losing in 5 fucking games. Bet me

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

I understand where you’re coming from, but it’s not just mental with him. Throw in the absurd injury history and his complete disappearance when the team needs him most. Having to rely on him to show up (play wise or injury wise) to win in the playoffs will probably not end well.

KP is a liability as far as number 2s go.

the mavs have to play well at the tip, out of halftime, and in the final 3 minutes.  as a team we did well all game on defense but especially in the paint in the first quarter.  KP out of everyone gets the gold star. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

This is correct if we have good Timmy.  Bad Timmy will require a good to great game from KP or some combo of DFS, Brunson, or JRich going off.  Or maybe a JJ Reddick sighting later in the series.

Is Reddick even healthy?

don’t recall seeing him today.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Blah blah blah...and the Clippers only had 5 turnovers and KP played like shit. Plenty of things can change from game to game, but the Mavericks look like the better team. The Mavericks aren't losing in 5 fucking games. Bet me

And Luka only had 1 point in the entire 4th quarter. If everyone was healthy I felt we matched up pretty well with the Clippers going into the series. Kawhi is the only thing that scares me about them. 

• Like 1

Yeah I’m hearing/seeing a bunch of “Mavs gave the clippers their best game and don’t expect the clowns to have another ‘off’ game like that again”.

And I’m like WTF?!?

Yes the shooting was absurd. The Mavs might not hit at that clip again and the clips most likely won’t.

But Luka did not hit a single basket after the 1:30 mark of the 3rd quarter. Not one.

KP was trash for all but like 3 minutes of the game? The clippers had 5 total turnovers. Playoff P actually showed up, especially in the 2nd half.

Looks like both teams have another level they can get to.

And if you guys would please stop quoting that Debbie downer Dr Beeper. Dude was screaming they HAD to win game 1. Now he’s saying “it’s still a loss in 6 games and they need game 2”.

That gut actually said Rick over Lue ain’t a big advantage. I mean seriously?

Next he’ll say they HAVE to win game 3 or the Clips will still win in 6. On sure he’ll be crying about a 4 game win streak for the Clips if they don’t win game 4. It’s a beating.

2 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

I hope a near capacity AAC really creates a home court advantage.

Should be better than normal.  First real home playoff games for the Luka era, plus the extra enthusiasm that will come with a somewhat return to normalcy.  It will also be a 1-1 series at worst, so there will not be any feelings of inevitable doom like there might be if we came home down 0-2.  Should be crazy.  

• Like 1

Playoff games at the AAC are some of the loudest sporting events I've ever been to. 
Yep. I never went to any at Reunion so can't compare but I was at game 1 and 5 of the 2011 WCF against OKC and then games 4 and 5 of the Finals against Miami. Those games were fucking rocking in the stands.