2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

to be a solid #2 that can help get a team to a top 3 in conference I'd like to see a little more scoring 22 to 23 considering he takes a good number of shots and 3 pointers.

more importantly he needs to be available to play much more, so we don't have to count on other players to fill that role. we can't afford him not to play in playoff games and we need him to play closer to 85% of reg season games.  He averages 20/9  we just need more games out of him.

No back to backs in the playoffs, so if he’s deemed healthy he should be a full go.  I’m cautiously optimistic, because I think the Mavs training staff may be a little over-protective at times, but once the playoffs are here, he’ll play unless there is something wrong with him.

Interesting outcome with the Clips losing to Houston. Denver up to the 3 seed and has the tie breaker. They also play Portland Sunday. If they tank, they ensure they avoid the Lakers in the first round and lock them into the play-in. I think the Mavs just need to rest everyone on Sunday. You really have no control who your first round matchup is at this point. Might as well rest. 

14 hours ago, dcar00 said:

here to eat some crow.  if they get the 5 seed I say Rick did a very good job considering KP was a no show for some of the year and the covid shitshow that hurt us some.  I though 7 was a peak.

needs to win an actual playoff series for the first time in a decade though.

Begrudgingly this is where I am today too. Looks like I was wrong about Barnes this year; though I still wish Cuban would build a team to make a deeper run.

12 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t really know what’s going on with Leonard and George. Assuming they’re healthy, and based on our regular season results, I’d much rather have Denver and then Utah as opposed to LAC and Suns. 

I wouldn't automatically put Utah/Phoenix into the 2nd rd just yet

I’m hoping for the Nuggets, they’ve struggled since losing Murray. Clippers should be seen as the most dangerous team in the West with the Lakers being second depending on their ability to work off the rust. 

Today I predict:

Nuggets rest starters and Portland wins, keeping them out of the play-in.

Clippers rest starters again, but get out tanked by OKC. They’ve lost 26 of 28 and are tied for 3rd worst with Orlando. They will do anything they can to lose.

Mavs win and we finish with Clips 3, Denver 4, Mavs 5, Portland 6.

3 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Obviously the games aren't close to being over, but if everything ended the way it stands right now we'd be in 3/6 against Nuggets, right?

edit... wait, i think we win 3-way tie-breaker. Maybe?

If there is a 3 way tie, then yes we win the tiebreaker by virtue of being the only division winner

9 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Clippers aren’t even hiding that they’re tanking. Looks like Carlisle has waved the white flag, which is smart. 

It doesn’t really matter. We aren’t good enough to win a series versus either the Clippers or Nuggets. 

This a bizarre take seeing that we won the season series against both of them and the nuggets are missing a starter. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Which is precisely why I preferred Nuggets. We have a chance against them. Little chance against Clippers. No chance against anyone with the D played tonight. Absolutely pathetic. 

I mean, we took the clips to 6 last year and only had Healthy KP two games. We absolutely drilled them twice this season. Luka is about to make Morris his bitch and it’s going to be glorious. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

We were a better team then. If they take the Clips to 6 games again, I’ll be modestly surprised. If it goes to 7 or we win, I’ll be really surprised. 

The December drubbing where Kawhi didn’t play doesn’t count. In the game we lost to them Luka had a triple double and KP played with 22 and 7, and Hardaway had 21. 

You are aware we drilled them the next game, right? They also aren’t as good of a team as last year after losing the 6th man of the year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Defensively we know they will hound Luka the whole court and throw traps at him.

We need Maxi to be ready to go. We exposed Zubac with the switch on to Luka last year. I would like to see KP more on the block if they go small.

We know Beverly, Morris, Rondo, and Cousin will be overly physical and talk shit to get guys on tilt. 

Has anyone read seen any update regarding playoff capacity or is it set at 9K?  It would be beyond weak if Texas/Dallas approves a higher capacity but the NBA won't permit it for competitive advantage purposes since Cali going to Cali and barely allow anyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

Totally forgot they traded Lou Williams for Rondo. Even more motivation to beat them down. 

Just looking at their roster and I have no idea who is going to provide them scoring off the bench. Boogie? They're obviously going to be very tough defensively, but it's asking an awful lot to keep our offense it check over 7 games. Two reasons I think we have a good chance this year:

1) Hopefully KP is healthy 

2) Brunson is available 

Having Reddick available would be a really nice boost to the bench. We can go way deeper than them at that point. I seriously don't know what they're going to do if Paul George plays like he did last year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Has anyone read seen any update regarding playoff capacity or is it set at 9K?  It would be beyond weak if Texas/Dallas approves a higher capacity but the NBA won't permit it for competitive advantage purposes since Cali going to Cali and barely allow anyone.

Pretty sure Followill and Skin said it was still 9k two games ago. I seen anything to contradict. 

2 hours ago, Skipper said: