2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

i agree that he bitches about stuff at the basket way too much.  I'm more pissed about how late in the game they let defenders get real tight on him/foul him on the perimeter.  they did the same thing to Dirk for years.  they would never let guys do that to other star players.

It’s a self-perpetuating cycle.  If he would knock it off for a bit he might start getting the calls.

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Hardaway 0-12 and 0 points in 27 minutes is less than spectacular. 

I think he needs to start coming off the bench again once everyone is back. His off nights are more frustrating because he refuses to pass the ball. Several times last night he had a pretty easy pass for a clean look for a teammate, but he has tunnel vision toward the basket and simply cannot turn it off. You have to be able to help out in other ways if your shot isn't falling. 

if KP doesn't become truly consistent all star-like #2 it won't matter but lets say he does become that, who is the #3.  Dallas has to find the #3 if they really want to challenge. 

Hardaway is pretty much a JAG due to his inconsistency.  is it Kleber?

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

if KP doesn't become truly consistent all star-like #2 it won't matter but lets say he does become that, who is the #3.  Dallas has to find the #3 if they really want to challenge. 

Hardaway is pretty much a JAG due to his inconsistency.  is it Kleber?

if we're talking about who we have on our squad right now, it's either burke or johnson.  

32 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hmmmm

Vic you've been around long enough to know that anytime the Mavs are brought up, just go ahead and throw it out.

The Mavs only make moves out of the blue.  Never when they've been brought up.

The Richardson and Johnson trades in November came out of nowhere.  Hell they weren't even mentioned as a KP destination until the trade was already announced.  

Basically, if you see them attached to something, you can basically forget it. 

Besides, I'm no Lonzo hater...would he be an upgrade?  I mean he's a good playmaker, but he couldn't start with Luka right?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hmmmm

Lonzo doesn't get to the rack and doesn't shoot 3s.  I don't know how he would fit but I've seen Rick take lesser players and get something out of them.  

Playing in this offense he would have more space to operate so maybe some of those numbers improve.  Probably would.

Besides his limitations he's a good defender, smart player and good passer. 

Rick would probably love him.

Overall I like the idea of it but I wouldn't trade for him.  Make a run at him when he's a FA if you're so inclined.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RexWilson said:

Once the full crew is available, I would give at a 2-3 game trial of Luka, Richardson, DFS, Maxi, KP. If rebounding/rim protection are an issue move KP back to 4 and start WCS.

At full strength I really like the depth.....just got to get everyone available 

I think that is what they will do.  They have a lot of options and can go big or small depending on the opponent.  Luka/Richardson/Hardaway/Johnson/KP has some appeal to me against a team that goes small.  Johnson is a versatile SOB.

8 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Lonzo doesn't get to the rack and doesn't shoot 3s.  I don't know how he would fit but I've seen Rick take lesser players and get something out of them.  

Playing in this offense he would have more space to operate so maybe some of those numbers improve.  Probably would.

Besides his limitations he's a good defender, smart player and good passer. 

Rick would probably love him.

Overall I like the idea of it but I wouldn't trade for him.  Make a run at him when he's a FA if you're so inclined.

He's attempting seven 3s a game. 

2 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

So what's the timeline on our COVID boys? The game against the Nuggets was January 7th, over two weeks ago. It seems like we should have most if not all of them back by now. 

There gonna need a little bit of time to get back into game shape once they are cleared.  

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

When he is on though, man he can light it up. 

I’m not one to throw Timmy under the bus because he had one craptastic night coming off an injury.  He has proven that when given wide open jump shots he is above average at knocking them down, and Luka can provide those shots.