USMNT 2021

Napoleon

I for one look forward to this shit changing.

Hopefully Haji Wright will get some love soon.

Not sure how I feel about Siebatcheu staying in the Swiss League. I doubt his team gets very far in the Champions League next season, so I would have liked to see him get minutes on a Top 5 Euro League team. It's okay to have pipe dreams.

46 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Not sure how I feel about Siebatcheu staying in the Swiss League. I doubt his team gets very far in the Champions League next season, so I would have liked to see him get minutes on a Top 5 Euro League team. It's okay to have pipe dreams.

I think they also have to make it through Champions League Qualifiers to even play in the Champions League.  I think he will continue to opportunities to develop as a player at YB.  I would rather him be starting every week for YB and getting European minutes then be a bench player in a top 5 league.   

6 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Maybe I missed it, but as of now our Honduras match, the first non-friendly in 2 years will be broadcast on Paramount+  

It will be on over the air on TUBN in Spanish,

I will be watching it in Spanish if I watch it at all. 

Vamos Yanquis, VAMOS!!

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the exhibition calendar is not aligned so it's vegetables and fruit

I'm confused, what does MLS' timing have to do with this list? More "offseason" loans? If so then we need to keep MLS in the their weird schedule.

Edited by SimonBolivar

5 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

Aaronson>Musah 

I see Musah as a ~American-ish Paul Pogba starter kit. 

I see Aaronson as a much more advanced player who can play on either side as well as the middle and has grit. 

He’s not Kanye or Scholes level grit, but classic USMNT of decades past kind of grit. A player from a time when we didn’t dive. (Pre Dempsey, pre Pulisic)

I see Aaronson as a much more advanced player who can play on either side as well as the middle and has grit. 
He’s not Kanye or Scholes level grit, but classic USMNT of decades past kind of grit. A player from a time when we didn’t dive. (Pre Dempsey, pre Pulisic)

No reason in particular but Christian Eriksen comes to mind with Aaronson.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

pulisic gets hacked down far more than he embellishes

dempsey had grit

"nats of decades past grit"

mcbride, balboa, pope, stewart, lalas, armas, lewis, cherundolo, mastroeni, bradley (2010 version), maybe brooks but he doesn't count re: "decades past"

i am worried about depth in the back and who is going to pair with brooks, but i would rather have the 22 version of the nats with the front 6 depth we've never had evar

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Julian Green scored the tying goal that looks like it will send Furth into the Bundesliga. All they need is a tie and now lead 3-2.

Bundesliga: One American promoted and 2 Americans relegated.

On another note, Pulisic able to squeak into the Champions League next season by virtue of Chelsea's 4th place final standing in the 2020-2021 EPL.

25 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Nations League 23 man roster supposed to drop at 1PM

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/usmnt-provisional-roster-announced-for-concacaf-nations-league/

https://stconcacafwp001.blob.core.windows.net/media/3nvfo0cp/21-cnlf-provisional-rosters_final.pdf

EDIT: You won't see Aaron Long or Owen Otasowie because of injury. I am assuming that is the same reason Weston McKennie isn't on the roster? Might as well try calling up Justin Che.

Edited by UDontKnow