USMNT 2021

Napoleon

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I can't tell if Lletget has been really poor or he's just being made to look bad because he has borderline world class talent on either side of him.

I think the inability to bring a slightly difficult ball under control when all alone gives you your answer.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

beerholder won't do it but he needs to move the front 6 around at the half and make them all play out of natural position to stimulate their opportunism

pulisic is the only liability tracking back, have the rest of them go dutch

Pulisic is not more of a liability tracking back than Sargent or Lletget or really any of them. The hell are you talking about?

Not a fan of the tactics.

Yuell and Lletget add nothing.  At least sucky Beckermann used to win a 50/50 ball every once in awhile.

Puli and Reyna need to play closer together, not on opposite sides of the field.

When Hondo concedes to their own 3rd, the players need to move.  We're getting possession just outside of their 3rd, and all of the players are static.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

I know Lleget will probably score now that I’m shit talking, but wtf does this guy bring? He’s scored some goals by being in the right place at the right time, but he thinks a step slower than all the other attackers and he’s pushing 30 if I’m not mistaken. I don’t understand why he gets minutes but he’s an auto start for Greg 

What this guy on BS said.

When we advance the ball....it’s back line...ball carrier...and 5 guys on the Honduran back line looking for a through ball or something over the top. There is zero depth to our attack. This might be the worst midfield combination I’ve seen the us play in a serious match.

5 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I know Lleget will probably score now that I’m shit talking, but wtf does this guy bring? He’s scored some goals by being in the right place at the right time, but he thinks a step slower than all the other attackers and he’s pushing 30 if I’m not mistaken. I don’t understand why he gets minutes but he’s an auto start for Greg 

That's what he brings. He gets into good positions at the right times and finishes some of those chances. I don't think he should be a starter and he's might be passed up by enough young guys to not even belong on the roster for the next world cup, but he's not behind that many people yet.

But we absolutely need a better plan than Jackson Yueill when Adams is out.

Just now, goatsaag said:

That's what he brings. He gets into good positions at the right times and finishes some of those chances. I don't think he should be a starter and he's might be passed up by enough young guys to not even belong on the roster for the next world cup, but he's not behind that many people yet.

But we absolutely need a better plan than Jackson Yueill when Adams is out.

And don’t forget he’s capable of hitting every free kick to the first defender.