2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 hour ago, JohnnyRage said:

Dustin might need to utilize these later rounds hopefully when his opponent is less dangerous.

Negged

46 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Nah, let's see if the Real Chito shows up or not.

And negged

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I’m not an all the time ufc guy but O’Malley looks very thin for this weight class.  Obviously my uniformed opinion, he’s normally this small?

16 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I answered my own question by googling. Not taking away from these guys but would the bottom of the 175 lb class have an issue with either of these guys at 135 you think?  Serious question.  

He's actually filling out getting bigger, and as you heard he wants to go up a weight class but also drop back down to retain his current belt.

Most guys walk around weight is 20 lbs heavier than their weigh-in. That disparity can be higher as the weight classes go up. Fighters are being flagged these days. That is something new, but there is no punishment.

So you are basically asking could Sean or Chito fuck someone up that weighs 205. It's a weird question skipping over two weight classes to a 3rd, but no, not really. In a street fight, yes.

• Like 1

I miss when UFC had one or two more fights after the last main card fight.
It was a couple pre-UFC type fights.
Maybe it was the television provider and not even official UFC.

Lot's of good matches tonight.  
Lot's of respect.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Exactly as I've always pictured Joe and Jon pretending to listen to Cormier.

image.thumb.png.6056cc6e1279e2c369e8f18a834ad93b.png

Actually, I don't hate Dan.
But that's still exactly as I've always pictured Joe and Jon listening to Cormier (and each other).

Joe's face there is what my face looks like when Joe talks about anything other than MMA.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/9/2024 at 11:35 PM, ATXbronco said:

#keep your politics out of my sports

Just posting a pic of 2 traitors to the United States

image.thumb.png.d4cd0801c909f578d9457dc36c20a026.png

We can't have nice things can we? You gotta post this garbage

Edited by Hermanator

On 3/10/2024 at 6:54 AM, Hook1997 said:

I’m not an all the time ufc guy but O’Malley looks very thin for this weight class.  Obviously my uniformed opinion, he’s normally this small?

O’Malley is likely the tallest person on the roster at that weight class. So hes not giving up anything physically. 

On 3/10/2024 at 7:15 AM, Hook1997 said:

I answered my own question by googling. Not taking away from these guys but would the bottom of the 175 lb class have an issue with either of these guys at 135 you think?  Serious question.  

Welterweight is 170, and most of those guys walk around 190-200. (Think of what Usman or Woodley looks like…). Take a guy like Niko Price who is 7-7-2 in the UFC. He would put O’Malley in the hospital. 

Power doesn’t translate **3** weight classes up. Remember O’Malley couldn’t even put away Kris Moutinho.

Chito shouldn’t have even had the title shot after losing to Sandhagen so recently…meh. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...

Link probably won't last, but you guys should check out Paton Talbott. Now 9-0. Calm, cool, and devastating in taking out another rising newcomer. Also can be found on ESPN+.

"Payton Talbott is that guy."

Edited by JohnnyRage
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

Link probably won't last, but you guys should check out Paton Talbott. Now 9-0. Calm, cool, and devastating in taking out another rising newcomer. Also can be found on ESPN+.

"Payton Talbott is that guy."

This was all I saw of this card but, yes, this kid was impressive. He looked so composed in the ring. Definitely one to watch. How that other dude didn’t go to sleep like 12 times in that fight is unreal. That’s a tough kid that was outclassed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Zeus said:

lol eye poke jitsu FTW

crazy

lot of bitching and crying though from the Brazilian maybe they will call it a no contest

ESPN showing it as a unanimous decision ending 2:18 in the third, all 30-27. I just watched the ending and they announced it as a TKO. Is this just a mistake, or did they somehow reverse the TKO and looked at the judges score cards without a deduction?

50 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

ESPN showing it as a unanimous decision ending 2:18 in the third, all 30-27. I just watched the ending and they announced it as a TKO. Is this just a mistake, or did they somehow reverse the TKO and looked at the judges score cards without a deduction?

Very fucked up ending

The Brazilian guy would stop every time Weedman grazed his eye at all. Finally he stopped like the fifth time claiming eye poke and the ref just let it go on until TKO. 

Then a lot of bitching and crying after I guess they over turned the stop somehow after video review but gave it to Weidman as he won the first two rounds handily and the third until stoppage as well. 

I don’t know how it could go anything other than TKO or no contest but maybe it did I wasn’t paying much attention

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the fighting equivalent of dropping the football at the 2-yard line on your way in.

Be a professional.  That stuff drives me crazy.

Also, Moicano is Brazilian Jersey Shore guy in this interview.

Edited by TexArcher