2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

Quick stoppage, but Lewis has the option to not eat half a dozen hard shots in the first half a minute.  Yeah, a lot of them missed, but several didn't.  Whether he was out or not is debatable, but he was definitely getting overwhelmed.

Edited by TexArcher

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Quick stoppage, but Lewis has the option to not eat half a dozen hard shots in the first half a minute.  Yeah, a lot of them missed, but several didn't.  Whether he was out or not is debatable, but he was definitely getting overwhelmed.

It's the principle, though. I'm not sure any of us think he was going to somehow win that but we're talking about a sport that has a ton of integrity. Decisions like that don't help. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean maybe he takes a vicious shot coming up but he was fine up to that point, and ultimately it's fucking MMA... you fight until you can't.

Guys turtle all the time.  Derrick went down face-first in a heap after taking several shots from a 260-pounder who can really throw.  

Throw back.  Wrap him up.  Do something other than get hit repeatedly and fall down face first.  Derrick bitching about that stoppage is basically saying, "Hey, he didn't kill me yet and I didn't tap!"  Okay, but it IS the ref's job to save you.  Maybe he was quick on the trigger, but Derrick did absolutely nothing to help his case for staying in that fight.

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Guys turtle all the time.  Derrick went down face-first in a heap after taking several shots from a 260-pounder who can really throw.  

Throw back.  Wrap him up.  Do something other than get hit repeatedly and fall down face first.  Derrick bitching about that stoppage is basically saying, "Hey, he didn't kill me yet and I didn't tap!"  Okay, but it IS the ref's job to save you.  Maybe he was quick on the trigger, but Derrick did absolutely nothing to help his case for staying in that fight.

Again... it's the principle for me. It's about what the rules are. It isn't about that fight in particular or who was losing or winning up to that point. Lewis was clearly fine, but I also don't think he got robbed and I have zero issue with him losing. I just think it shouldn't have been stopped at that point. It's fine if we disagree.