2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

I missed it, but watched the last three rounds. That was an asswhoopin'. 

But then Herb Dean broke up the grappling for being boring, and then Usman bitched about the lowish kick. He accepted the rest, but his opponent also rested and then finally advanced.

I was shocked waking up and checking ESPN, I'm just as shocked after watching the last three rounds. No, a rematch is not the biggest fight for UFC because Usman doesn't draw. Masvidal, Diaz II, or Chimaev would all be just as big, hell I guess even Covington, and that's just in his weight class.

Also Usman can't just fight the MW champion, going up a weight class and having been just KO'd flat (not just TKO).  Better match is Sean Strickland or Jack Hermansson, both are strong wrestlers/grapplers, and both of whom just recently fought, with strickly also coming from a loss.

Dana wants to do a show in UK in the Spring.  Leon can enjoy his victory until then.  Colby fights Khamzat for title challenger, then winner gets a shot in the UK.  Perfect scenario. 

I'm not saying Kumaru/Izzy immediately.  Yeah, Kumaru would have to beat two or three guys at that weight.  I think he'd wreck Sean Strickland.  Might be the most boring fight of all-time, but I think he'd win it.

The point was that he's huge for 170 and he's very concerned with being perceived as the GOAT.  Well, then go conquer 185 instead of climbing the 170 mountain again.