Bourbon

Jimbaround

Verdict on this is “pretty tasty”. It’s like Bookers and Woodford had a baby, so heavy peanut to start with a smooth and somewhat spicy finish. Worth a flier if you’re looking for something different.

70561d2fd454e696e553befd8f41def4.jpg

Was wondering how Eaves new stuff was.
Thanks.
She sounds like a keeper. Pics? 

My avatar is her tites.
  • Like 2

I didn’t even bother to ask at Smith. 

My local Spec’s guy kind of chuckled at me when I asked “what’s new this week?” He hooked me up with Jack 10 and 12. He’s eternally good in my book. 

It’s apparent they got a metric ton of R13. I’ll either get a call or I won’t. 

Congrats to those that got a bottle. 

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

Random question. Why does Specs ask for your ID and then make you answer a question on the pin pad about your date of birth? What's the purpose of that? 

I think it’s a double verification system meant to keep the TABC off their back. 

The TABC way overreached, but I think Spec’s got the message.

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/06/30/texas-liquor-agency-rebuked-case-regulatory-overkill/

Edited by billfromlaketravis

1 minute ago, BigDHornfan said:

He had the THH listed for a bit and wasn't getting any takers.  He needed quick cash and he sold the 2 bottles I traded him the next day.  win/win for both of us.

you'd have to give me a case of russells 13 for those two bottles.  even then i might have buyers remorse.

On 7/19/2023 at 10:04 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Give me Benchmark Bonded as the absolute cheapest bourbon I’ll drink neat. Sweeter, more balanced, and no charcoal when compared to Evan Williams BiB. Good value as a sometimes drinker/mixer. 

Not bad for $15. 

I'm a big fan of Benchmark Top Floor. I'll take that any day for $16 a bottle. My fancy/expensive bottle choice is the 10-year Russell's Reserve. Hahaha. Past that I feel like I am over-spending. :)

8 minutes ago, Dignan said:

I'm a big fan of Benchmark Top Floor. I'll take that any day for $16 a bottle. My fancy/expensive bottle choice is the 10-year Russell's Reserve. Hahaha. Past that I feel like I am over-spending. :)

Benchmark Top Floor is good too. It has a funk I like. 

I need to revisit Single Barrel. Full Proof just doesn’t work in my opinion. 

On 2/25/2023 at 3:58 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

A notoriously cheap friend really likes the Tincup. It must be really good if it got him to reach for his wallet. 

I received a bottle of the 14 year old Tincup for my birthday last month and it’s pretty good.  Not sure it’s worth the $70 msrp, but it’s a solid whiskey.  

Edited by HouTex

That’s the new maroon label.
They changed the color.

Thanks for the info. Assumed it had to be something like that, just couldn’t find a thing on Google or the other outlets. Weird that it rang up cheaper than normal. It’s the reverse Heaven Hill rebranding from a couple years back if so. Lol