Bourbon

Jimbaround

On 8/18/2023 at 8:55 PM, HouTex said:

So Spec's Fountain View even had Weller SR today in 750 ML and 1.5.  I haven’t seen Weller SR in the wild in Houston in about a year.  What gives?

Where are you normally looking? I give people in Katy shit for posting pics of SR at Spec’s Main Event, but apparently they only get it out there once a month. 

On 8/20/2023 at 12:38 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

It’s starting to dawn on me why Spec’s had about 2 cases of EC Toasted out at 11 am. It’s decent, but nothing special. It could be great at a higher proof. Hopefully some store picks are on their way. 

That stuff is gross, maybe the worst toasted I’ve ever had.  And who’s looking for Weller SR and not finding it?  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/20/2023 at 8:06 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Where are you normally looking? I give people in Katy shit for posting pics of SR at Spec’s Main Event, but apparently they only get it out there once a month. 

I shop mostly at Spec’s and Goody Goody before it closed.  Goody Goody had SR on the shelf more than Spec’s but it was still only a few times a year.  I recall Spec’s on Fountainview had SR during its grand opening but I haven’t seen it since until last week.  I haven’t seen SR at Spec’s downtown in years.  I’m wondering if something is going on with the supply.  

12 minutes ago, USCATX said:

That stuff is gross, maybe the worst toasted I’ve ever had.  And who’s looking for Weller SR and not finding it?  

Friends in West and Southwest Houston say they only get SR once a month. They can usually sit on a location, but the day/time of month isn’t consistent. It sounds crazy, but I’ll buy it from the Katy Bourbon Mafia posts.