Jump to content

Next 10 years, who are you taking Mbappe or Haaland?


shnsajax

Next 10 years, who are you taking Mbappe or Haaland?  

33 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick the guy you want for your team, money is no object.



Recommended Posts

will we ever see them in the same league for a stretch of time?  that would be great, going head to head and trying to win the same league trophy.  but not sure when that would happen.  

it could be in England next season if Mbappe goes to Liverpool or Man City, and Haaland goes to Chelsea (who really wants him).  but i think one of the two will go to Real Madrid next.  and the other won't be in Spain.

you can't go wrong with either, but give me Haaland if i had to choose one.

Edited by Jive Turkey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

will we ever see them in the same league for a stretch of time?  that would be great, going head to head and trying to win the same league trophy.  but not sure when that would happen.  

it could be in England next season if Mbappe goes to Liverpool or Man City, and Haaland goes to Chelsea (who really wants him).  but i think one of the two will go to Real Madrid next.  and the other won't be in Spain.

i don't think you go wrong with either, but give me Haaland if i had to choose one.

I'm not sure Haaland is getting sold anytime soon. He's under contract until 2024. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I'm not sure Haaland is getting sold anytime soon. He's under contract until 2024. 

That is SO INCORRECT!  Haaland has a £66mn release clause in June 2022!  Every major club will exercise this release clause in 2022 (they will all be in better financial position and it will cost at least half to buy Haaland in 2022 vs 2021) and then it will be up to Haaland to determine what club he wants to choose.

Man City would win Champions League at least once and likely multiple times guaranteed with Haaland!  Man City should offer Dortmund in the summer of 2021:

£100m of cash (inclusive of Raiola payola) + Jayden Braaf w/ £45m buyback (=£8m value), + waive 15% sell-on clause for Jadon Sancho (=£17m value if Sancho is sold for £130m) = £125m total value for Haaland who is worth £225+m.

Dortmund would be crazy not to accept 2x 2022 £66m release clause!  Dortmund also needs to sell a lot of players if they don't sell Haaland and/or Sancho (not as many suiters willing to pay £100m+ with Sancho having a down year this year) if they don't make Champions League next year (currently 6th and 6 points out of 4th place)!

Man City is one of only 3 clubs (PSG, Chelsea the other two) that have the resources to pay $100+m of cash for Haaland in the summer of 2021 due to Covid.  Real Madrid, Man United, Barcelona Liverpool, and Bayern would all have to sell players to get the cash. It would take a LOT of players for these teams to get the funds and that would take time. None of these teams have expendable $100+m players that they could get done quickly in order to have the cash early in the transfer window to get a Haaland deal done!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, UT Lax said:

That is SO INCORRECT!  Haaland has a £66mn release clause in June 2022!  Every major club will exercise this release clause in 2022 (they will all be in better financial position and it will cost at least half to buy Haaland in 2022 vs 2021) and then it will be up to Haaland to determine what club he wants to choose.

Man City would win Champions League at least once and likely multiple times guaranteed with Haaland!  Man City should offer Dortmund in the summer of 2021:

£100m of cash (inclusive of Raiola payola) + Jayden Braaf w/ £45m buyback (=£8m value), + waive 15% sell-on clause for Jadon Sancho (=£17m value if Sancho is sold for £130m) = £125m total value for Haaland who is worth £225+m.

Dortmund would be crazy not to accept 2x 2022 £66m release clause!  Dortmund also needs to sell a lot of players if they don't sell Haaland and/or Sancho (not as many suiters willing to pay £100m+ with Sancho having a down year this year) if they don't make Champions League next year (currently 6th and 6 points out of 4th place)!

Man City is one of only 3 clubs (PSG, Chelsea the other two) that have the resources to pay $100+m of cash for Haaland in the summer of 2021 due to Covid.  Real Madrid, Man United, Barcelona Liverpool, and Bayern would all have to sell players to get the cash. It would take a LOT of players for these teams to get the funds and that would take time. None of these teams have expendable $100+m players that they could get done quickly in order to have the cash early in the transfer window to get a Haaland deal done!

"I'm not sure" = there is no guarantee they sell him. Maybe BvB wants to hang onto a guy like that for once. They will also likely sell Sancho before Haaland. 

"anytime soon" = not June 2022 - which is a full season and a half from now. 

So no, I'm not incorrect, you just seem more certain that he might be shipped in this next window or at latest summer 2022 - and that remains to be seen. I only brought up his contract to make the point that there is nothing forcing Dortmund's hand. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I'm not sure" = there is no guarantee they sell him. Maybe BvB wants to hang onto a guy like that for once. They will also likely sell Sancho before Haaland. 
"anytime soon" = not June 2022 - which is a full season and a half from now. 
So no, I'm not incorrect, you just seem more certain that he might be shipped in this next window or at latest summer 2022 - and that remains to be seen. I only brought up his contract to make the point that there is nothing forcing Dortmund's hand. 

By definition a 2022 release clause indeed ‚Äúforces their hand‚ÄĚ. Anyone who offers Dortmund ¬£66mn When the June 2022 window opens up forces Dortmund to sell Haaland for that price. 20+ clubs will line up to exercise that release clause.

Dortmund will be in financial trouble if they don’t make Champions League next year! They will need to sell up to 7 players in the June 2921 transfer window or they could sell 1 player who they will be forced to sell anyway in 2022 for half what they could sell in 2021. That is another hand forced! Again Jadon Sancho is having an off year, this combined with Covid-19 makes it highly unlikely they can sell him for the money they would like to generate. On top of this, Man City will get paid a 15% sell-on clause for any profit above the £18mn Dortmund paid Man City for Sancho.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, UT Lax said:

By definition a 2022 release clause indeed ‚Äúforces their hand‚ÄĚ. Anyone who offers Dortmund ¬£66mn When the June 2022 window opens up forces Dortmund to sell Haaland for that price. 20+ clubs will line up to exercise that release clause.

The details are still disputed. Apparently it may just be an informal agreement - in which case if Haaland really wanted to stay he could potentially renege on it - which would also give BvB more time to entertain offers going into 2022. 

I do agree that if they don't make CL next year they may have to sell him regardless in this next window. But if they make CL, can get a good price for Sancho, and the club and Haaland are both happy, then he could stick around for longer.

I just have to think at SOMEPOINT BvB will get tired of not contending for anything, but money may make these decisions for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

The details are still disputed. Apparently it may just be an informal agreement - in which case if Haaland really wanted to stay he could potentially renege on it - which would also give BvB more time to entertain offers going into 2022. 

I do agree that if they don't make CL next year they may have to sell him regardless in this next window. But if they make CL, can get a good price for Sancho, and the club and Haaland are both happy, then he could stick around for longer.

I just have to think at SOMEPOINT BvB will get tired of not contending for anything, but money may make these decisions for them.

 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

The details are still disputed. Apparently it may just be an informal agreement - in which case if Haaland really wanted to stay he could potentially renege on it - which would also give BvB more time to entertain offers going into 2022. 

I do agree that if they don't make CL next year they may have to sell him regardless in this next window. But if they make CL, can get a good price for Sancho, and the club and Haaland are both happy, then he could stick around for longer.

I just have to think at SOMEPOINT BvB will get tired of not contending for anything, but money may make these decisions for them.

The only informal part is that Raiola will want to profit share for getting above the £66mn release clause in June 2022. Herein lies the biggest risk for Man City. Raiola hates Pep Guardiola and called him a "Coward" and a "Dog" for backing out of a deal Riola thought Barcelona agreed upon to purchase Zlatlan Ibrahimovic.  Pep therefore does not want to ever play the Raiola payola games. For instance, Raiola made £24mn on the Paul Pogba transfer to Man United, or more than the £22mn Man City paid for Ilkay Gundogan. 

Raiola has reportedly come to an "informal" agreement that if Dortmund sells Halland for more than the WRITTEN IN THE CONTRACT £66mn release clause in June 2022, Raiola and Dortmund will split 50/50 any amount over £86mn that Dortmund sells Haaland. This gives Raiola an incentive to sell Haaland to the highest bidder in the summer of 2021. That is the "informal" part of the contract. Therefore, if Dortmund sells Haaland for say £126mn in total value, then Raiola collects £20mn on the deal (or 50% of the above £40mn surplus over £86mn). Guardiola/Txiki Begiristain (the director of Man City Football operations and held the same job with Barcelona on the Ibra negoiations) will have to swallow their pride and pay Raiola his payola. But, Raiola would love nothing more than to get Man City to the altar and then stiff them by selling Haaland to PSG/Chelsea/Real Madrid/Liverpool to get his pound of flesh. But the bottom line is Raiola is a greedy bastard and he will sell to whomever makes him the most money!

Lastly, Dortmund will not get a good price on Sancho bc of Covid-19 and Sancho is averaging a goal or an assist every 145 minutes in the Bundesliga vs every 69 minutes last season. Borussia Dormund would be lucky to get an offer of £85-£90mn vs their value of £120+mn pre-Covid. Again, Dortmund would also have to pay Man City 15% of any profit over the £18mn they paid City for Sancho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

The details are still disputed. Apparently it may just be an informal agreement - in which case if Haaland really wanted to stay he could potentially renege on it - which would also give BvB more time to entertain offers going into 2022. 

I do agree that if they don't make CL next year they may have to sell him regardless in this next window. But if they make CL, can get a good price for Sancho, and the club and Haaland are both happy, then he could stick around for longer.

I just have to think at SOMEPOINT BvB will get tired of not contending for anything, but money may make these decisions for them.

Dortmund are loaded with teenagers right now with Reyna leading the way. And as mentioned by UT Lax with Sancho having a slight drop this year, you almost have to strike while the iron is hot sometimes too and there will be a ton of offers for Haaland this summer with Chelsea, City, United, and Arsenal all being rumored in the last 24 hours. That said it would be nice for the Dortmund to have a full stadium for a full season with him as well.

My only hope is to have Reyna and Haaland reunite at some point a couple of years down the road as they seem to have a really great connection. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mbappe was a huge part of winning the 2018 World Cup including key play in games against Argentina and final against Croatia. 

league titles. Took chokemaster psg to UCL final (where he admittedly played badly). Just hat tricked barca in UCL. He also creates a ton for others that can’t anticipate or keep up with to take advantage...kind of like 2002 TJ Ford. 

if I have Mbappe on a team that Neymar isn’t anywhere near, I’m taking him over anyone.  Second guy I am taking is VVD (look at pool with and without him), then Haaland. 

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

mbappe is 30 months older than haaland so the op question should be for the next 7 years to age 29, the theoretical average best year for a striker.

for that time horizon, 2021-2027, mbappe is likely to play in euro20 (this summer), qatar22, euro 24, and us26.  since 1998, france have alternated a deep run with a group exit in the world cup averaging 5.3 games per tournament, and starting with euro 2000 with only a single group exit averaging 4.8 games per tournament.  so we'll round it out to an average of 5 matches for France per full international tournament.  in the next 7 years mbappe is likely to play 20 full international tournament matches.  france are also likely to see nations league playoff action.  add another 5 matches.  then you have the typical pre-tournament tune-up friendlies (we'll be conservative and say just 2) so that's another 8 games for France.  in total, you can project mbappe to play 33 full international competitive matches in the next 7 years, almost a full season.

a players as expensive as haaland is not going to play in friendlies unless they are tournament warm-ups or bell-cow games against giant names.  norway have shown no recent signs of qualifying for anything or advancing in nations league.

mbappe is to me more explosive and dangerous as of today, but haaland is the better, safer investment given age, some upside still remaining, and the likelihood of significantly less mileage.

and of course haaland goes off injured while i am writing this.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
Haaland's people were in Spain talking to Barcelona and Real Madrid.  his move will happen this summer.
 

I’m still guessing City gets him. Barca shit the bed by not letting Messi leave. That cash could have paid for Haaland.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

I take back my primetime speed lookalike for Mbappe. He run like HS Football Iverson

 

 

 

 

 

 

Such a ridiculous athlete. Won state in football and basketball as well as player of the year in both in HS. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i picked Mbappe when this thread came out, just based on him having already accomplished more, but i've actually been leaning towards Haaland for some time now. the more i watch, the more he looks like a player you would create on FIFA. if Mbappe does go to Madrid that should help us sort this whole thing out. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i picked Mbappe when this thread came out, just based on him having already accomplished more, but i've actually been leaning towards Haaland for some time now. the more i watch, the more he looks like a player you would create on FIFA. if Mbappe does go to Madrid that should help us sort this whole thing out. 

I think Haaland is the ultimate teammate. He is the biggest cheerleader for everyone on his team, he makes defensive end to end runs more than anyone his age I have ever seen who plays his position, and might be the most physically gifted player I have seen the last 20+ years.

Plus he has room to improve with anything in the air especially for a player of his size.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Haaland is just a freak.

Huge dude who can get it into the back of the net any which way.

And he seems to have that same drive to be the best that Ronaldo has.  Read something about him scoring 9 goals in a game once and being pissed because he could have scored 10. 

Really though, they're both special players and I'm absolutely fine with getting to see them become the next Ronaldo/Messi All-World duo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Haaland is just a freak.

Huge dude who can get it into the back of the net any which way.

And he seems to have that same drive to be the best that Ronaldo has.  Read something about him scoring 9 goals in a game once and being pissed because he could have scored 10. 

Really though, they're both special players and I'm absolutely fine with getting to see them become the next Ronaldo/Messi All-World duo.

That was in the 2019 u20 World Cup vs Honduras. Oddly enough the only game he scored in that WC and still won the golden boot.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

The problem that Haaland Will face is the he will likely not featured in a World Cup until he’s 26. That’s a good number of chances to score that are missed. The guy is good, but even he isn’t good enough to score when he’s not playing. 

I mean they are tied with Holland for the group as we speak (4 games remaining) and have to be a massive favorites to finish at least 2nd in the group and that will get them into the playoffs with a couple of random Nations League teams. I think there is a very real chance they make the 22 WC. Even if they fail to qualify they will still be participating in all of friendlies leading up to the WC and missing out on like 3 total caps for not making it. 

Ronaldo has 180 Caps and only 44 occured in the WC, Euro's, and Confederations Cup and scored in 61.6% of his cap. Halland while still very early is scoring in 80% of his caps for Norway and is by far a biger feature up top than Ronaldo who had a lot of capable help around him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, shnsajax said:

I mean they are tied with Holland for the group as we speak (4 games remaining) and have to be a massive favorites to finish at least 2nd in the group and that will get them into the playoffs with a couple of random Nations League teams. I think there is a very real chance they make the 22 WC. Even if they fail to qualify they will still be participating in all of friendlies leading up to the WC and missing out on like 3 total caps for not making it. 

Ronaldo has 180 Caps and only 44 occured in the WC, Euro's, and Confederations Cup and scored in 61.6% of his cap. Halland while still very early is scoring in 80% of his caps for Norway and is by far a biger feature up top than Ronaldo who had a lot of capable help around him. 

Yeah the WC isn't a ton of games and they are tough games to score in at that. 

The thing about Ronaldo is I'm pretty sure his goals to games ratio is actually higher since he turned 30. That is the type of production that Haaland is going to match. 

It's not impossible but I think it's a bit premature to discuss. Ronaldo is still chugging along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...