Story without a Happy Ending

Dr. Teeth

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Oh he’s definitely crazy. He’s also most likely racist and a religious nut too. Just like the 911 jihadist wackos who took down the twin towers were. 

Or were they just crazy too? 

That was premeditated and coordinated suicide attacks in the name of a holy Jihad against the west in the hopes of starting a Caliphate in the ME.  It was surgical with years of planning.  

This wacko probably heard voices, had massive psychological and abuse issues issues, attributed 100% of them to the Almighty and took them out on the only outlet that he was able to express them with:  an Asian "massage" parlor that allowed illicit behaviors.  Not unlike psychos soliciting and killing hookers.  I'd imagine if there was a Hispanic, all white,  or AA "massage" parlor, they'd have suffered the same fate.  

15 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Yeah, he's definitely not fucking crazy.  It's got to be.....checks left-leaning talking points:  rasicm.  Check.  Religious zealotry.  Check.  Bigotry.  Check.  

Craziness lends itself to racism and religious zealotry I would think. Those things certainly aren't mutually exclusive. 

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

That was premeditated and coordinated suicide attacks in the name of a holy Jihad against the west in the hopes of starting a Caliphate in the ME.  It was surgical with years of planning.  

This wacko probably heard voices, had massive psychological and abuse issues issues, attributed 100% of them to the Almighty and took them out on the only outlet that he was able to express them with:  an Asian "massage" parlor that allowed illicit behaviors.  Not unlike psychos soliciting and killing hookers.  I'd imagine if there was a Hispanic, all white,  or AA "massage" parlor, they'd have suffered the same fate.  

Kinda like the nightclub massacre in Florida a while back.  Where the dude had sexual issues.   If these guys don’t stop making me suck their dicks, I’m gonna have to kill them, because sucking other guys dicks IS A SIN!

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Well while we’re just making shit up why don’t we claim he was molested by a catholic priest from Vietnam and just went plum crazy? 

5 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Kinda like the nightclub massacre in Florida a while back.  Where the dude had sexual issues.   If these guys don’t stop making me suck their dicks, I’m gonna have to kill them, because sucking other guys dicks IS A SIN!

Thought was the evil black guns fault.  I lose track....

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Well while we’re just making shit up why don’t we claim he was molested by a catholic priest from Vietnam and just went plum crazy? 

Every post here is a supposition.  There are very few facts.  Zero causation.  Lots of correlation.  Lots of "what if".  Sort of the point of this entire post.  My guess, as stated is that he's bat crap crazy and the racial profile of the victims had little to do with this compared to their gender.  

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Every post here is a supposition.  There are very few facts.  Zero causation.  Lots of correlation.  Lots of "what if".  Sort of the point of this entire post.  My guess, as stated is that he's bat crap crazy and the racial profile of the victims had little to do with this compared to their gender.  

To paraphrase, the words our media and national leaders use mean nothing.   Disregard my maga hat.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Could you possibly cast a wider net to get back to your own preconceived notions.  

Wait, are you disagreeing with the general idea that racism and religious zealotry can go hand-in-hand with craziness? What are my preconceived notions? I don't understand your point. 

23 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Doesn't this apply to your post as well? Why are you allowed to speak and not others? 

38 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

It wasn't a single location. It was three locations in Georgia and he was en route to Florida to keep on killing those who "made him want to sin".

25 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I mean, I'm up in this thread posting actual news updates from local journalism and primary sources.

The shooter claims (primary sourced) that his motivation was to stop his temptation from sin. Whether that's actually true or not - he thought it was a good enough cover story/justification to lead with. 

The other people at the sites (plural) of the shootings have reported that they heard him saying "kill all asians" (local journalism/primary sourcing). We also know that at least three of his victims died from gunshot wounds to the head (from the ME report released today), and all were >50, mostly >60.

Those are facts. 

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 7

24 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

FIFY

Look, we all agree the dude had a screw loose.  Your inability to even consider that the fact that it might have been your teams screwdriver that loosened it, is what I have a problem with.  Words matter.  Attitudes matter.  Political speech matters.  Regardless of his motives denial and deflection of the toxic environment the last couple years against Asians is bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2

Doesn't this apply to your post as well? Why are you allowed to speak and not others? 

U don reed gud...

14 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Look, we all agree the dude had a screw loose.  Your inability to even consider that the fact that it might have been your teams screwdriver that loosened it, is what I have a problem with.  Words matter.  Attitudes matter.  Political speech matters.  Regardless of his motives denial and deflection of the toxic environment the last couple years against Asians is bullshit.

This is what I take umbrage with.  The instant partisan stance.  You've shot an arrow and painted a bullseye around where it landed.  To try and tie this back to a previous administration tells us that any objectivity is out the window.  This guy was a psychotic sex addict.  There is zero evidence that this is tied back to anti-Chinese Wuhan anything.  The mental gymnastics to do so it telling.  The only "facts" are a supposed eyewitness that says he heard it.  We all know how strong eyewitness accounts can be....

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Again, why are you insisting that others not discuss different, reasonable theories?

I'm not.  What I am calling out is the instant and immediate claim that it's solely racism/sexism/bigotry, and as stated earlier, tied back to the previous administration with zero evidence of this of any kind.  It's instantly drawn up along the same partisan lines time and time again....rinse, wash repeat.....

Just now, workswithseed said:

First thing you see under the tweet is that he was telling the press what the murderer said. Not that Mr. Baker himself had a bad day 

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/atlanta-police-press-conference-on-spa-shootings-transcript-march-17

Captain Jay Baker: (07:57)
When I spoke to the investigators, they interviewed him this morning and they got that impression, that, yes, he understood the gravity of it. And he was pretty much fed up and kind of at the end of his rope. And yesterday was a really bad day for him and this is what he did.

Male Reporter: (07:51)
Sheriff, did you have a sense that he understood the gravity of what he did?

Captain Jay Baker: (07:57)
When I spoke to the investigators, they interviewed him this morning and they got that impression, that, yes, he understood the gravity of it. And he was pretty much fed up and kind of at the end of his rope. And yesterday was a really bad day for him and this is what he did.

Maybe it's me, seems like "he" and "him" is the murderer and not the Captain himself like it's said in the tweet you provided.

As to what the murder said, I'm Guessing that's what the investigators got from the murderer himself. Not as an excuse, but using his words. 

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

It wasn't a single location. It was three locations in Georgia and he was en route to Florida to keep on killing those who "made him want to sin".

And this is ATL we are talking about.    Where there are black strip clubs errwhere.    If it was just random "sexual temptation" he sought to eliminate he didnt need to drive 100 miles.   No this was specifically targeted to places where Asians worked.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, d2o said:

And this is ATL we are talking about.    Where there are black strip clubs errwhere.    If it was just random "sexual temptation" he sought to eliminate he didnt need to drive 100 miles.   No this was specifically targeted to places where Asians worked.

Seems like a racist wouldn't mind target black strip clubs as well.

4 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

I'm not.  What I am calling out is the instant and immediate claim that it's solely racism/sexism/bigotry, and as stated earlier, tied back to the previous administration with zero evidence of this of any kind.  It's instantly drawn up along the same partisan lines time and time again....rinse, wash repeat.....

The instant and immediate claim was backed by verifiable facts from the shooter himself, eyewitness reports, and the racial profile of the victims. Did you not read those links? And the FBI has testified before Congress in 2019 that White Supremacy is the biggest domestic terror threat. 

link 

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/10/09/fact-check-did-fbi-director-warn-about-white-supremacist-violence/114251512/

White Supremacy was on the rise during Trump.

Link 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/white-nationalism-fueled-violence-rise-fbi-slow-call-it-domestic-n1039206

Extremist-related murders spiked 35 percent from 2017 to 2018, "making them responsible for more deaths than in any year since 1995," according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL). Last year, every one of those extremist-related murders was carried out by a right-wing extremist.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, 2018 was also the fourth straight year of hate group growth, culminating in a 30 percent increase overall, "roughly coinciding" with President Donald Trump’s campaign and presidency.

Do I need to link all the times Trump said something positive about white nationalist? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Deej said:

I'd imagine a rub and tug joint would be a softer target than a strip club. 

This is a very good point.

Ive never been to Atlanta but my guess is finding a black scrip club would be pretty easy.

Dude was targeting Asians. Hell the older ones he shot were the managers, not “therapists.” The white and Hispanic customers were collateral damage. 

I’ll give the cops credit for stopping him before he killed more in Florida. But that press conference was a shitshow. 

16 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

God damn, they Atlanta strips don't mess around. Here, I've only been one that pat down and that's it.

Politics aside, and maybe you’re a standup guy in real life...I dunno and don’t care.  But you seem like the guy at the strip club who thinks the stripper is being honest when she tells you that you’re different and cuter than all the other guys in Atlanta

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Politics aside, and maybe you’re a standup guy in real life...I dunno and don’t care.  But you seem like the guy at the strip club who thinks the stripper is being honest when she tells you that you’re different and cuter than all the other guys in Atlanta

Hey, that almost makes sense except this is Portland, and I would be lucky to find one black stripper.

But I did meet a guy who loves Seinfeld would like to pay for my lap dances. He talks a lot and a know it all, but I'm not saying no to free lap dances.

If you meet anyone, and your only two take-aways are "He loves Seinfeld and wants to pay for my lap dances.".......run away and fast.  Those two worlds should never collide.  

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

We can have an honest and fact-based dialogue about interracial violence.  I don’t think the those on the left are going to like that though.  They would throw a shit fit and claim stats are racist.  

Every single bit of that violence can be traced back to systemic systems that you put in place.  And what isn’t systemic is your hate. No need for further conversation.  It’s you’re fault. I hope you are happy.  Good day sir. 

19 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

That is some grade A armchair psychology. Are you the guy from mindhunter?

Edited by Pam Cummings

Most people in this thread are dipshits. You have one group taking this stuff and saying "omg this obviously means we have massive amounts of anti-asian sentiment and hate in this country. Asians are being murdered by the truckload!" No, dipshits, they aren't.

Then you have another group saying "well how do we KNOW this guy was targeting Asians? It could just be a sex worker thing!" No, dipshits, it isn't. This guy had a history of saying negative things about Asians and only killed Asian people. Do the fucking math.

I'm so fucking tired of these stories getting covered in a way that just makes everyone extrapolate the details of whatever happened to fit their worldview. Some things are just bullshit topics to begin with.

Edited by Pam Cummings

even Charles Whitman hit collateral damage other than his intended targets   And he learned to shoot In the Marines.  As did that guy who shot Kennedy from that book suppository, sir!

Edited by Lobo

21 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

you are filling your own cup, dude. 

try and think critically. just stop, and think for a couple minutes.

a dude that will crash a fucking plane into a fucking building is fucking crazy. he's been selected to do so by a guy like osama bin laden, because osama is the charles manson of the thing. he doesn't want to go kill people, but he'll send other fucking nutters to do it. 

this dude was also crazy. it takes a kind of crazy to commit mass murder. that this guy thought that murder was his best action speaks to his crazy. anyone who decides murder of other humans is crazy in some way. you can try to finesse any situation you want, but murder is fucking crazy.

why are you going for a distinction here? ask yourself that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/19/atlanta-spa-shootings-victims-named

Authorities have named all of the victims of the Atlanta spa shootings, as Joe Biden and Kamala Harris visited in Atlanta to meet with local Asian American leaders and offered support to a grieving community.

The Fulton county medical examiner’s office on Friday updated the list of shooting victims with the names of four women that had not been previously released. The eight who were killed on Tuesday have now been identified as:

Cherokee county authorities had earlier identified those who were killed at Youngs Asian Massage, near Woodstock in Atlanta’s north-western suburbs, as Yaun, Michels, Feng and Tan, who was the spa’s owner. Another person, identified as Elcias Hernandez-Ortiz, was also shot, but survived

The Hispanic man was injured but survived. 

6 Asian. 2 Whites (yes, Delainia is a white)

1 minute ago, Hate said:

so 6 out of 8 were asian women. 

so what is your point? is it that he was not targeting asian women? or is it that others got caught in the crossfire?

i'm genuinely curious. because to me, it's pretty clear what this dude was gunning for.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

so 6 out of 8 were asian women. 

so what is your point? is it that he was not targeting asian women? or is it that others got caught in the crossfire?

i'm genuinely curious. because to me, it's pretty clear what this dude was gunning for.

My point is that 25% of the people killed in the attack weren't Asians.  Pam posted just prior that he only killed Asians. The is not correct.  You seem to know a lot about this particular event yet didn't know there were victims that weren't Asian so I posted the facts.

Edit: to add, I changed the link from my original post because the second link had pictures.  The one white lady that was killed had an Asian last name.

Edited by Hate
  • Hook 'Em 1