2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

18 minutes ago, Kremlin Watcher said:

Can someone who knows the this team better than I do answer this: is this Baker's fault for continually running that donkey Pressly out there in high-lev situations, or is that the best he has?

He’s had a couple of bad games lately but has been close to perfect for a lot of the season. Calling him a donkey reeks of ignorance. 

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

does jeter make the HoF if the astros draft him, like they should have ?

I'm sure he does he might have gotten a delayed start to his career because of Biggio being at the peak of his powers but there is no way they could have kept him in the minors for much longer.

On 9/8/2021 at 3:12 PM, Kremlin Watcher said:

Can someone who knows the this team better than I do answer this: is this Baker's fault for continually running that donkey Pressly out there in high-lev situations, or is that the best he has?

he’s the best he has because he’s a top closer.  not sure how often you watch the astros but he rarely blows saves. he doesn’t get a ton of chances because of how we play, but that’s not pressly’s fault.

like many other closers, he often looks iffy in non-save situations. not sure why that’s a thing but it is. 

on sunday i read he had a “sore arm” and was not avail. he pitched tues and wed and looked shitty and gave up runs, so not sure why we thought he was over whatever bothered him 48 hours earlier. 

previously he had been scoreless in 10/11 outings, allowing a solo shot in the 11th inning to ty france. sea has some weird close game mojo that we never seem to have so happy to be done with them. 

i am fine benching pressly for 10 days (il stint) and letting kg take over til he’s right. 

Edited by henrygandorf
  • Hook 'Em 1